Anyone else play Infinity?

A forum for all other games which don't fit into the other gaming forums. Elves (and other races) in other tabletop wargame systems. The place to discuss systems like, Mordheim, Warmachine, Infinity and Warthrone. But also topics that relate to any other game such as 40K, Dropzone Commander, board games or PC/Console gaming belong here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Nightwing

Re: Anyone else play Infinity?

#31 Post by Nightwing »

I've got the first two books and a modest aleph force, but finding it difficult to learn to play.

I get the face to face rolls, it's the amount of special rules and referencing you need to do, troop profiles, weapons, modifiers for range, cover, ODD, camo, TO, ghost jumper etc.

Love the models, the fluff and the aesthetic.

Any suggestions?
Csjarrat

#32 Post by Csjarrat »

if you've got a smartphone and/or a tablet, then download the infinity wiki app. if you're an IPad user, get mayanet. brilliant army builder and you can reference all of the weapon rules + special rules right from the army list.
makes those rules checks an absolute cake-walk!
other than that, it's just a matter of keeping playing enough to get the rules to stick in
as a quick oversight:
-Camo of either kind means they attack first, no ARO for you unless you survive the attack. thermo optic means they can deploy hidden and reveal later in the game.
-Repeaters can be hacked through, so watch out for enemy drones making a beeline for your TAG.
-Airborne Deployment 3 (combat jump) is the template deep-strike option, AD2 can choose any side to deploy on, AD1 has to write it on the sheet before the game.
-If you have AD level 2 or 3, you can choose to use a lesser level.
-Doctors/Engineers/Forward observers roll WIP tests to use their skills. Paramedics use the PH stat of the patient at -3.
-Impetuous models move first and must move towards the enemy, unless you spend more orders on them to restrain them.
-ARO can be made at any point in the enemy model's movement
-Mines are awesome.

also, 3rd edition is out near Christmas which is promised to streamline the rules and get rid of some of the span-glish translation ambiguities.
an interesting variation on my usual playstyle, which is 'charge forward, forward for the love of khaine, we can fight better than any of them and they can't shoot into melee why is our armor so thin ohgodcannons'
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#33 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

So many ipads/iphones at club, they all have mayanet, it's great, for those who don't have it, aleph toolbox, very handy, with built in search function linked to the wiki.
My JSA are growing, I have my Haramaki and extra Keisotsu on their bases now, and everyone has a head. I also started converting my second O-Yoroi. It was a pain cutting that gun off, but had to be done:

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]