Spells and Durthu question

All discussions related to games of fantasy battles such as AoS, T9A, KoW, MESBG, WAP, Warmaster, etc go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Laiff

Spells and Durthu question

#1 Post by Laiff »

Hello.. So were having a game and we have an argument about:
Can Annointed of asurayan unbind a spell that is being cast more Than 18" away (rules state the distance but asurayan rules doesnt)
And can Durthu spawn sylvaneth forest every Turn or just once?
Laiff

Re: Spells and Durthu question

#2 Post by Laiff »

Also wanted to know if im allowed to move my units that are already in combat so that all of them will surround the enemy and all of them attack ( like lets say 30 Dryads attacking and swarming a dragon). Or further ranks are just supposed to standard and wait for their Turn to die?
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Spells and Durthu question

#3 Post by Prince of Spires »

Laiff wrote:Can Annointed of asurayan unbind a spell that is being cast more Than 18" away (rules state the distance but asurayan rules doesnt)
No. The rules for the anointed state that he 'can attempt to unbind one spell ... as if he were a wizard.' So, when unbinding he follows the same rules as a regular wizard. Which include the 18''. The fact that the 18'' isn't included in the Annointed's rule is irrelevant here and included in the 'as if he were a wizard' part. After all, his rules also don't state that you have to roll 2 dice or that you can only make one attempt to unbind. But those rules also still apply.
Laiff wrote:And can Durthu spawn sylvaneth forest every Turn or just once?
As far as I can tell, it's one every per turn. You can use your command ability to summon the forest. No limit is placed on the amount you can summon.
Laiff wrote:Also wanted to know if im allowed to move my units that are already in combat so that all of them will surround the enemy and all of them attack ( like lets say 30 Dryads attacking and swarming a dragon). Or further ranks are just supposed to standard and wait for their Turn to die?
The sequence is:
declare charge, roll 2 dice for charge distance, this is the maximum distance (in inches) each model in your unit is allowed to move towards the unit you are charging.
Once combat starts, each model is allowed to move an additional 3'' (the pile in phase), to try and get into combat.
If you then are inside the range of your weapon you can attack, if not, then you can't

So, the total move each individual model can make is 2D6 + 3''. If this brings the model in range of its weapon, it can attack. If not, then it can't

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.