Wishes for future AoS miniatures

All discussions related to games of fantasy battles such as AoS, T9A, KoW, MESBG, WAP, Warmaster, etc go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Sahlor

Wishes for future AoS miniatures

#1 Post by Sahlor »

I am not gonna lie, I hate AoS. Not because it is a bad game, the mechanics are solid. The miniatures, beautiful. The rules, easy. But I could never like something that destroyed years of dedicated world building, and made the Asur bow down to Malekith. Any true Asur would have died before doing that.

Buuuuut, there are good things too! For example, the new Archaon figure, which got me thinking. Maybe the Aelfs (uuuurgh) will get bew minis which can be used in WHF too. Maybe some new spearman models, or even better: Tyrion may get a new figure! Wouldn't that be amazing???
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Wishes for future AoS miniatures

#2 Post by Prince of Spires »

New miniatures are always great of course. Though I must say that the new AoS models that are being released don't do it for me. They're a bit too much over the top somehow. The new Archaon for instance. Technically it's a good enough model. But somehow it's not a model when I see it that makes me want to go out and buy it. Unlike some of the stuff they have released in the past. Which is a pity, since the GW elves are still the best elven range I've found.

As for new models, I think what we'll see is existing plastics remaining in place. They're an easy cash-cow for GW. They probably will get repackaged somehow and sold as 'new release' (as is currently the case with the lizardmen stuff). Finecast seems to be on the way out. So they'll probably migrate models away from that. And for the rest it'll be new stuff.

Are there actually some rumours going round about what GW is planning next for AoS? I've completely stopped following rumours for AoS. I don't really come across any anymore and I can't seem to find as much excitement for new stuff coming out (either for me personally or in the online community).

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.