Do you like this army list

All discussions related to games of fantasy battles such as AoS, T9A, KoW, MESBG, WAP, Warmaster, etc go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
laurie1

Do you like this army list

#1 Post by laurie1 »

Archmage
Loremaster
Teclis
36 spearmen
25 swordmasters 10 reavers (they are epic now!).

The idea is that The mages buff the spearmens armour and I have a large unit to decimate anyone, no matter what unit is pitted against them, the swordmasters are also a good everything killer, and so I can pit this army against almost anyone. My spearmen held against two units of Empire knights last week, killed one and the other knight unit died when the swormasters charged them. Any suggestions for improvements on this army?

Ps: I've only used this army using time of war rules so far so I don't know how good it would be with base rules only.
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

Re: Do you like this army list

#2 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

There isn't really anything to complain about. But 36 PG would be even better. But as it's always been it just comes down to what units you want to use.
laurie1

#3 Post by laurie1 »

Shannar, Sealord wrote:There isn't really anything to complain about. But 36 PG would be even better. But as it's always been it just comes down to what units you want to use.
Spearmen look cool though lol :D
gromo

#4 Post by gromo »

If I saw that list I would stay back and try and pick you off quite a bit. Your only true range is Teclis. If you know you're playing someone who will charge right at you then go ahead, if not I'd get some range. Bolt Throwers are the way to go in my opinion. Very diverse. I always use the multiple shot though, never the single big bolt. Otherwise, I'd break the reavers and swordmasters into 2 groups. spears stay together because of the # bonus they get but I'd prefer multiple units. Makes for tougher decisions for the enemy on who to shoot, and they wont be able to out maneuver you so easily. And yea, PG would be better but if spears are doing fine in your meta I wouldn't worry about it. If they start getting slaughtered though I'd start bringing in the tougher units.. AKA caradryan on a frostheart with 36 PG lol

Good luck

EDIT: forgot reavers had the bows. They're decent range too but I'd still sub 5 of them out for a bolt thrower.
laurie1

#5 Post by laurie1 »

^Thanks =D>