AoS 75 wound army list

All discussions related to games of fantasy battles such as AoS, T9A, KoW, MESBG, WAP, Warmaster, etc go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
gromo

AoS 75 wound army list

#1 Post by gromo »

I'm playing a friend Friday. We've played a few games so far with "gentle" lists, but now I'm ready to bring something stronger. We balance our armies by wound count, and if you have over 10 models in a squad, the wound per model is divided in half. Anyways, I put this list together and it feels like a bit of a mish mash with some synergy but mostly just raw power. Something about it just doesn't feel right so can someone please help me? Thank you.

- Caradryan on Frostheart

- Prince on Dragon with shield and sword

- Teclis

- Loremaster

- 17 Phoenix Guard

- 5 Reavers ( or 2 eagles and 4 more PG)

- bolt thrower

- bolt thrower

The idea is Teclis and the loremaster will be buffing the bolt throwers with rerollable hits and wounds so they can take out larger targets before they get close. Then obviously once they get close I'll have two monsters and a durable squad waiting for them.

As for the Reavers, they always seem to find a use. Whether its charging a mage, annoying the heck out of a unit, going up the flank to distract, they're pretty handy. However, 2 eagles can do a similar job, just no shooting for them.
Cinncinatti

Re: AoS 75 wound army list

#2 Post by Cinncinatti »

What's your opponent playing? That is the biggest factor

Personally I would take either the Frostheart or the dragon, not both. Given the Dragon's command ability to allow two other command abilities to be used it's kind of wasted on just Caradryan's command ability. Also, Caradryan has the tag Anointed of Asuryan, so the Phoenix Guard won't need to take battleshock tests if they are 8" away, freeing him up to use Inspiring Presence on the Reavers (if they are in range) or just keep pumping his re-roll command ability on the Phoenix Guard. Plus his immutable 4+ save makes him more durable in my opinion. So my vote in that regard is the Frostheart. If you went with just the dragon, I'd look at just an Anointed on foot to have the battleshock mitigation.

As for what to replace the dragon/frostheart with, I'd go for a Sea Helm with the Pennant. Doesn't need to activate it, just keep him close to the phoenix guard and the get to add +1 to wound. Add Caradryan's command ability on top of that and you are guaranteed a re-roll. He also works great with Dragon, since his command ability is pretty awesome.This leaves you with more points to play with, might add some more Reavers or more Phoenix guard.

Still, your list looks fun. Who wouldn't want to play with both monsters?
gromo

Re: AoS 75 wound army list

#3 Post by gromo »

I completely overlooked the fact that Caradryan is an Anointed. That makes him infinitely better! No battleshock for PG and the ability to dispel 1 spell on top of everything Caradryan already comes with! Taking him is a no brainer. I play mainly daemons and tomb kings. Tomb kings are much better than they were in fantasy, and their monster ( I forget the name but it moves 12" ) is very very scary. The sea helm and about 10 PG would be my trade for the dragon. It's very tempting but just the sheer intimidation of the dragon is enough to make players nervous. 2 monsters is enough to really make them nervous. I appreciate your feedback but I think I'm going to stick with my list for now. The next game I play however I will definitely take your advice into consideration.