AoS High Elves reference cards

All discussions related to games of fantasy battles such as AoS, T9A, KoW, MESBG, WAP, Warmaster, etc go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
theviking

AoS High Elves reference cards

#1 Post by theviking »

Does anyone else find the GW warscrolls to be inconveniently large? I've only played a few games, but it seems my deployment zone becomes strewn about with papers so I can keep track of what things do. I found myself wanting a concise reference that I could easily keep on the table. So I poked around the interwebs and found some software with which I made a set of reference cards. Take a look and let me know what you think, I'd appreciate suggestions and critique on formatting as well as spell checking and any omissions I might need to make a card for.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8hac9rmhya7gc ... m.url?dl=0
John Rainbow

Re: AoS High Elves reference cards

#2 Post by John Rainbow »

Have you tried any of the apps for AoS? Do they reduce the size of anything?
theviking

#3 Post by theviking »

I'm still in the dark ages when it comes to mobile technology, flip phones don't run apps so well. :D
Bolt Thrower

#4 Post by Bolt Thrower »

The warscrolls as from GW are a complete pain. The app from them seemed a step in the right direction, but unlocking your phone selecting the warscroll can be a pain as well. Having small reference cards would be ideal in my opinion. I don't plan on playing much so I didn't bother trying to solve this, but your sheets look like they do the trick. I would suggest taking out the background. I find it makes it a bit harder to read the text and would just drain printer ink:).
Battle Standard Bearer. Don't leave home without it.
Bolt Thrower's High Elves
theviking

#5 Post by theviking »

Thanks for the feedback, I'll give it a tweak and see how it looks. I printed them out for the first time today and found the text almost too small, so I'll be making that larger as well. Watch for an updated set in the next few days.