Silly tactic

All discussions related to games of fantasy battles such as AoS, T9A, KoW, MESBG, WAP, Warmaster, etc go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Andrew_uk

Silly tactic

#1 Post by Andrew_uk »

Ok so clearly there are more obvious ways to break this game but I wondered if anyone had considered this one?

Suppose I bring a gun line and my opponent brings a combat force. I want maximum turns of tearing my opponent to shreds at distance in order to win. Whoever wins the roll off can decide how to split the table and provided it is 50:50 then anyway is legal.

Rules say you cannot deploy within 12 inches of the opponents territory so that normally gives a 24 inch gap minimum. But what if you create a stepped dividing line which weaves it's way across the table?

I can't draw this out for you now as I'm just on my lunchbreak now... But imagine a line starting 15" from the table edge, go 12" in to the table, now perpendicular 18" towards the other table edge (so 15" away from that edge), then 24" back across, 18" towards the starting side, 24" across... Rinse/repeat until you hit the opposite side.

Now we each have a 3" deployment zone and a 42" gap (or more if you wanted to split the board using this truck but with the board portrait). It would keep the combat forces at arms length for most of the game.

Even if this board splitting mechanism was dropped into a perfectly functional edition it would still be ridiculous and up for exploitation. As it is its an ill thought out mechanism dropped into an already ridiculous game so I don't really care much!!
Bring me my bow of burning gold, bring me my arrows of desire, bring me my spear O' Clouds unfold, bring me my chariot of FIRE!

Check out my rather slow caledor themed painting log and my dragon project... also my faster moving nurgle themed Warriors of Chaos themed painting log
AD8899

Re: Silly tactic

#2 Post by AD8899 »

So we'll put you down as "on the fence", shall we?
Andrew_uk

#3 Post by Andrew_uk »

AD8899 wrote:So we'll put you down as "on the fence", shall we?
I genuinely can't decide if I'm on the fence or not :p
Bring me my bow of burning gold, bring me my arrows of desire, bring me my spear O' Clouds unfold, bring me my chariot of FIRE!

Check out my rather slow caledor themed painting log and my dragon project... also my faster moving nurgle themed Warriors of Chaos themed painting log
AD8899

#4 Post by AD8899 »

Are you getting poked in an uncomfortable region? If so, you just may be.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#5 Post by Prince of Spires »

I've changed the original topic title to what it currently is. The old one was unnecessarily provocative and offensive. If you don't like the game then don't play. Don't go offend people who do like it.

Prince of Spires
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.