2500pts HE list

This forum is for the posting of reports of your famous victories and crushing defeats. It is for both single battle reports and for ongoing army diaries/blogs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: 2500pts HE list

#1 Post by SpellArcher »

Looks pretty decent. What’s the plan with the mounted Mage?
CaledorRises

Re: 2500pts HE list

#2 Post by CaledorRises »

The list seems solid overall, it is perfectly fine for most games.

If you're aiming to make it a bit more competitive I've got a few possible suggestions. I'm not completely convinced by the Level 1 Beasts Mage, the Level 4 can handle most magic and you will likely be needing most of your dice to be using High Magic to get the ward save buff. The best spell in Beasts is Wildform, and on a Level 1 you'll need to be 3-dicing that to reliably cast it, which may leave your Level 4 without enough dice. It works as a scroll caddy, though.
The Noble BSB I'd also take a magic weapon on to increase hitting power. S4 just isn't much and you've got no other CC characters.
I'm not personally a big fan of Sea Guard, but that's my bias, I know many people run them and seem to like them.
The Silver Helm unit also seems a tad small since it's not a character bus.
The three special units I like generally, but if you're trying to play competitive games I'd probably consolidate them into two larger units for more staying/hitting power.
Rare looks good for casual or competitive games, though a third bolt thrower would be ideal.

Like I said, all those tips are just if you're trying to make the list more competitive, as is I think it's a good list for friendly games, and should be fun to play.