MSU HE - 9th Age - 2400 vs WE - 2.09

This forum is for the posting of reports of your famous victories and crushing defeats. It is for both single battle reports and for ongoing army diaries/blogs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Swordmaster of Hoeth
Southern Sentinel

Re: MSU HE - 9th Age - 2400 vs WE - 2.09

#31 Post by Swordmaster of Hoeth »

HI Elithmar,

You had a great opportunity to actually correct the deployment with vanguard moves. While it was hard to hide Wild Riders I was thinking about such initial deployment of Warhawks and Wild Riders that allowed you to face South but have the fliers in front of hard hitters. Thus you could always elect to charge with Warhawks if something moved in charge range and use Wild Riders aggressively turn 1.

Second advantage is that you are covering more important (at this stage) Riders with harder to wound Hawks. If you managed to do that together with Glade Riders via Vanguard I think you could have crated a situation where you move forward, use skirmish and woods for cover but deny the chance to harm so may units with shooting. Or at least significantly limit the damage.

Your army had one important problem though, i.e. lack of BSB and that was also important to try and keep the more fragile units in the range of Orion. Especially that you could expect some ranged attacks coming your way. For instance, Glade Riders fled after being shot and losing more than 25% and then I aimed at them again since they lost their soft cover penalty. That helped me to get them down to 1 model thus making the probability to rally quite low.

As to your current HE army I am very curious because it is different philosophy. It has enough elements to deny me usual MSU advantage, it also fights in all phases of the game. And on top of that you also have more experience with it. :)

Cheers!

Twitter @SwordOfHoeth

High Elves MSU - Observations
Rabidnid wrote:Are you seriously asking someone called Swordmaster of Hoeth why he has more swordmasters than white lions? Really?
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

Re: MSU HE - 9th Age - 2400 vs WE - 2.09

#32 Post by Elithmar »

I don't think I'll be taking a pure Wild Hunt again because as you say it has the disadvantage of no BSB and also it's very short of bodies. The problem is that Orion's so expensive, taking up a quarter of my points! Hopefully when the 9th Age team get around to Wood Elves they'll fix this.
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor