High Elves vs. Orc&Goblins (Do not miss this stunning army)

This forum is for the posting of reports of your famous victories and crushing defeats. It is for both single battle reports and for ongoing army diaries/blogs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

mkragh

High Elves vs. Orc&Goblins (Do not miss this stunning army)

#1 Post by mkragh »

Played a game against Australian ETC Player Roy Diprose and his amazing Undead Orc army back in May. Took a while but the report is finally ready.

This battle is a perfect example of why the Flamespyre Phoenix is the best unit in the new book.

High Elves vs. Undead Orc & Goblins
Follow me on twitter for gaming chatter: [color=#0000FF]@mikragh[/color]

My gaming and painting blog: [url=http://vikingpainter.wordpress.com]The Viking Painter[/url]
Peepster1976

Re: High Elves vs. Orc&Goblins (Do not miss this stunning army)

#2 Post by Peepster1976 »

The great undead Orcs from titan forge!! Great stuff indeed.
Nice pics&battle report thx!!

Grtzz
- The World is a Village -
My Plog : [url]http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44351[/url]
Charles Rampant

#3 Post by Charles Rampant »

Thanks for the report - a fun read and some lovely armies on the table! Also good to see a Flamie doing well, though it is a shame you never got to napalm any of the Goblin units :(
"They won praises that never grow old, the most splendid of sepulchres – not the sepulchre in which their bodies are laid, but where their glory remains eternal in men’s minds, always there on the right occasion to stir others to speech or to action.”
- Pericles’ Funeral Oration, 431BC.
Swordmaster of Hoeth
Southern Sentinel

#4 Post by Swordmaster of Hoeth »

Hi mkragh!

Great report as always! I had a privilege to see Roy's army in real life and it is indeed a stunning piece of work. His ideas for conversions are simply amazing and his painting skills are great too! It was fantastic to see you magnificently painted army against his so thanks a lot for taking time and writing up the report! Very inspiring indeed! =D>

Twitter @SwordOfHoeth

High Elves MSU - Observations
Rabidnid wrote:Are you seriously asking someone called Swordmaster of Hoeth why he has more swordmasters than white lions? Really?
mkragh

Re: High Elves vs. Orc&Goblins (Do not miss this stunning ar

#5 Post by mkragh »

@ Charles. In the past I have targeted units with the Wake Of Fire attack, problem was I ended up missing attack opportunities. Think the rule of thumb might be to go for the Napalm attack if the unit is too big for an attack. Will test.

@Swordmaster. Roy's army is indeed a pleasure to look at and play against. Good thing he is bad at Warhammer. :lol:

Thanks for reading and enjoying.
Follow me on twitter for gaming chatter: [color=#0000FF]@mikragh[/color]

My gaming and painting blog: [url=http://vikingpainter.wordpress.com]The Viking Painter[/url]