Ulthuan Battle Ranking

This forum is for the posting of reports of your famous victories and crushing defeats. It is for both single battle reports and for ongoing army diaries/blogs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Ulthuan Battle Ranking

#1 Post by Prince of Spires »

Welcome to the Ulthuan Battle Ranking

This topic lists the battle ranking. See also Ulthuan Battle Ranking signup / game topic. Post results of games played in this topic. Post the following information:

- Player names (Ulthuan.net alias).
- date played
- Who won.
- points won or lost (see below for the calculation)
optional information:
- armies that played
- comp system used

The ranking score will be calculated using this information. The ranking is calculated as follows

Each player starts with 1000 ranking points.

When playing against another ranked player, take your and your opponents ranking score.
If you win then take your opponents score, divide it by your own score and multiply the result by 50 and round to the nearest integer. This is the number of points you have won and your opponent has lost.
If you lose, do the reverse. So take your own score, divide it by your opponents score and multiply that result by 50. This is the number of points you have lost and your opponent has won.

Consequence is that if you play an equally ranked player, you win or lose 50 points. If you play against a higher ranked player, you can gain more then 50 points and against a lower ranked player you can gain fewer points.

Example:

Code: Select all

Player A with 2000 ranking points plays player B with ranking 1750 points. 
If player A wins, then player A gains (1750/2000)*50 = 44 points and player B loses 44 points

If player B wins, then player B gains (2000/1750)*50 = 57 points and player A loses 57 points. 
In case of a draw, take your opponents ranking points, divide with your own ranking points and multiply the result by 20. This gives points won by both players. Note that as a concequence of this, if you draw against a higher ranked player you will gain more points then if you draw against a lower ranked player.

Only battles played vs other ranked players count. And logged battles will stop counting in the ranking after a set period of time. Currently we're looking at 6 months after which a battle expires and its points stop counting in your ranking. So if you don't play any games for 6 months then you end up back at 1000 points.

The ranking will be displayed in the post below this one and will be updated as often as I (or another lore) have time.
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Ulthuan Battle Ranking

#2 Post by Prince of Spires »

Ranking

Code: Select all

Ranking	player name	Points
1.		pk-ng 			1000
1.		Wicksi			1000
1.		theviking		1000
1.		Senor			1000
1.		AiEthimar		1000
1.		Dalamar		1000
1. 		Malossar Dragonborne	1000
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.