2k HE vs DE (with pictures)

This forum is for the posting of reports of your famous victories and crushing defeats. It is for both single battle reports and for ongoing army diaries/blogs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

MangoPunch

2k HE vs DE (with pictures)

#1 Post by MangoPunch »

My mate and I played a HE vs DE match on Saturday - which I wrote it up (with pictures) on Druchii.net: http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p=902076#p902076

I would love your thoughts on the battle and advice on how we can each improve.
qwe50

Re: 2k HE vs DE (with pictures)

#2 Post by qwe50 »

Nice battlerepport here is a late reply

Over all i think you did well - but you had problems with breake tests so you need to add a BSB to you list and i generaly think you should "Tool up" a bit and chose a better magic lore for you mage.
Without telling you to go buy 50 new models a few changes would make you list much better (well if you want to buy new models a box of silver helms is a good place to start :-)

Proposal new list.

Archmage - Lvl 4 Heavens, Book of Hoeth, Golden Crown of Atrazar.
When you play with an archmage the book of hoeth is to good to miss, the Crown offers some protection.
I have chosen heavens - it is a good easy lore to play with good spells to add you units but also good damage spells - you will find it much more usefull than life.

Mage - Lvl 1 Beast, Dispel Scroll
Wyssan's wildform is good to you low strengh units

Noble BSB
Heavy armour, Shield of the merwyrm, Potion of strengh.
Defencive build but with the potion he can do damage, he goes with the phoenix guards

20 Archers
20 Archers
5 Ellyrian Reavers

23 Phoenix Gaurd
full command and razor banner.
Phoenix Gaurd need the razor banner to add against armour - i have taken out models to pay for the banner and add cost on you charakters
Frostheart Phoenix
Frostheart Phoenix
Love making army lists
Don't believe MSU