The Struggle For Glory - Army Lists and Battle Reports

This forum is for the posting of reports of your famous victories and crushing defeats. It is for both single battle reports and for ongoing army diaries/blogs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

Re: The House of Kordranar

#31 Post by Elithmar »

Zihark, it sounds like the book of Hoeth was useful. What kind of a build did you use? I think the cost might be a bit high if he doesn't even get into combat.
Last edited by Elithmar on Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
Zihark

#32 Post by Zihark »

I used book and armour of silvered steel in hindsight i may not go for the armour and just stick him with archers or sisters to offer ranged support. But yeah got off a fireball, phas, miasma and even iceshard blizzard on one dice each. Though you will get the occational fluff roll resulting in the end of the magic phase so best to have a support mage to do something with.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#33 Post by Elithmar »

I finally got a game with the new book today. It was against a gentleman who I've played before. Last time, Steven brought his Wood Elves. "Hmm," I thought. "I don't want to go too hard on the poor Woodies. I know, I'll make a more fun list than usual, with Moranian's Wayshard." However, he showed up with Dark Elves this time as he was sick of losing with Wood Elves. Fair enough. Luckily, I'd brought a more competitive list too, so I hastily chased any thoughts of using the Wayshard out of my mind.

I apologise but I was relying on my memory for this report, which isn't the best plan. I'm pretty certain there are some mistakes.

1500pts vs Dark Elves
High Elves
Level 3 High Archmage, Book of Hoeth, Talisman of Preservation
Noble, Battle Standard Bearer, Barded Elven Steed, Dragon Armour, Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield, Dawnstone
5 Silver Helms, Shields, Musician
5 Ellyrian Reavers, Bows and Spears
15 Archers, Musician
15 Phoenix Guards, Standard Bearer, Musician
15 White Lions of Chrace, Full Command
5 Shadow Warriors
Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower
Great Eagle

Dark Elves
(Approximately)
Level 4 Supreme Shadow Sorceress, +1 dice item
BSB on Cold One, +1 attack banner?
17 Crossbows
~30 Corsairs, Frenzy banner
9 Cold One Knights, Hag Graef (ASF)
Assassin, Rending Stars?, Manbane?

Spells
Sorceress- Withering, Steed of Shadows, Pit of Shades, Mindrazor
Archmage- Soul Quench, Hand of Glory, Walk Between Worlds

High Elves turn one
I moved the silver helms up for a charge next turn and the reavers to block the knights. I forgot to check that something was in 18” for Soul Quench, but nevermind – I had Walk Between Worlds! So I cast that to move up my archer bunker and then cast Soul Quench (I believe he stopped this) and then Hand of Glory, boosting the archers’ ballistic skill.

Dark Elves turn one
He moves around my reavers and forgets to shoot with the assassin (he did this quite a few times!). In magic he got off Withering on my archers, making them toughness 1. Pit of Shades scattered off the Phoenix Guard.

High Elves turn two
The helms made it to the crossbows and ran them down after a one sided fight. However, I do think he killed one of my helms! The Phoenix Guards and White Lions failed to charge the Corsairs, so the redirectors moved up. Magic saw me get Hand of Glory on the helms and then miscast whilst casting a boosted Walk Between Worlds on the Eagle Claw, which had suffered a wound from the Assassin last turn. I proceeded to roll double ones, devastate my archers and Phoenix Guards units and then suck my Archmage into the warp. :(

Dark Elves turn two
The Corsairs dealt with the eagle whilst the Cold Ones charged the reavers. The Ellyrians fled, so the Druchii were quite happy to charge their real target, the White Lions. Wow, I hadn’t realised how much worse out White Lions had got with the loss of ASF so the Cold Ones butchered them, leaving only two who (I believe) failed to kill any in return. I think the Phoenix Guards fled for some reason this turn, although I forgot this whilst making the diagrams.

High Elves turn three
The Silver Helms moved up as the archers prepared to sacrifice themselves. The reavers continued to flee. The Phoenix Guards, however, rallied.

Dark Elves turn three
The Corsairs dealt with the archers swiftly and efficiently, although they cheeky Archers did manage one would on the Sorceress. I can’t remember why the Cold Ones didn’t reform last turn and charge in this turn. The Assassin moved up, but couldn’t reach the Eagle Claw. Instead, he shot off two Ellyrians.

High Elves turn four
The remaining combat units charged into the Corsairs, with the Phoenix Guards finishing off the Sorceress and the rest of the High Elves whittling down the Dark Elves a bit. The Dark Elves killed a fair few High Elves, though. I’m annoyed that I’ve only just remembered the Corsairs should have lost Frenzy then from losing combat. #-o

Dark Elves turn four
The Cold One Knights charged in and dispatched the Phoenix Guards. The Silver Helms, on the other hand, held. I actually think the Cold Ones overran at this point.

The game carried on for another few turns, but nothing much happened. The Cold Ones got rid of the Eagle Claw and the Shadow Warriors whilst I managed to shoot down the Assassin with the Shadow Warriors. The rest of the Silver Helms died but the BSB held on for the rest of the game turns we played, tanking the wounds with his 1+ re-rollable. However, it was not enough and the Dark Elves were victorious. :(

Well, thank you Steven for a really fun game! I would have liked to start off my adventures with teh new book with a win, but nevermind. At least I had fun! :)
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#34 Post by Elithmar »

Zihark wrote:I used book and armour of silvered steel in hindsight i may not go for the armour and just stick him with archers or sisters to offer ranged support. But yeah got off a fireball, phas, miasma and even iceshard blizzard on one dice each. Though you will get the occational fluff roll resulting in the end of the magic phase so best to have a support mage to do something with.
I like to give my archmage a 4+ ward and I think I would do that with my loremaster too.

Thoughts on the game

I was concerned about fighting Dark Elves and it was a pretty mean list, but I felt I could handle it. I probably could have done, too! I wanted to get rid of his crossbows quickly with my helms, which I did. The other two units would be harder to crack, I knew. However, I reckoned a combined charge of Phoenix Guards to the front and White Lions to the flank would do for the Corsairs, even if it took a few turns. I just wanted to hold up the Cold Ones with chaff until my shooting could make them a bit more manageable.

So what went wrong? Well, firstly I forgot about the scouting assassin! #-o If I'd deployed my Eagle Claw just a tad closer to the board edge, he would have had to go in front of my army and I could probably have dealt with him easier. With the Cold Ones, I should have firstly held with the reavers. I overestimated White Lions. Also, I didn't realised he had ASF and the extra attack - they were just brutal! Maybe I could have just fled with the lions too, still preserving the reavers. Another mistake might have been to use volleys with the Eagle Claw - I don't like to use single shots, especially only with one bolt thrower, as it has a decent chance of missing and that's it for a turn. However, the S4 AP just wasn't dealing with those 2+ saves quick enough.

With the Corsairs, I don't think I should have been so quick to try to charge in my infantry. If I'd held back on turn two and repositioned instead, I could have set up a trap for them so that whichever unit they charged, they'd get flanked by the other. Even if I'd made the turn two charge, both of my units would have been in the front.

Oh and I need to remember that the book allows me to re-roll dispel dice too. :P I don't think there was anything I could have done to stop the miscast - I think it was three dice and certainly no more than four.

I don't see any drastic list changes happening - I think I'll just swap out the Shadow Warriors for another eagle claw and see if I can squeeze in some of my new sisters of Avelorn anywhere (yes, I got the box today and I must say the models are gorgeous! I can't wait to get some paint on them).

Ta for reading.
Malossar
Something Cool

#35 Post by Malossar »

What was that bolt thrower shooting at?

Why High Magic?

Thanks for the report.

Oh and your Archmage was sucked into the Realm of Chaos --- the Warp is in that other game Gamesworkshop makes ;)
Ptolemy wrote:Im not above whoring myself for a good cause. ;)
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#36 Post by Elithmar »

Thanks for commenting, Cal. :)

The Eagle Claw was shooting at the Cold One Knights. It only did a few wounds as I used the volley and it couldn't get past their armour.

I actually wrote down Beasts in my army list which would have been better for the Phoenix Guards. However, I wanted to try out High and I was actually quite impressed. I didn't get to use Sould Quench much but it's pretty useful and Hand of Glory is good although not the best buff. Walk Between Worlds is just fun. :D

Yeah, but warp is shorter. :P I always say that. I think I must have picked it up from guys at my GW store or maybe on UB. I've never even played 40k. :lol:

Thanks again. :)
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#37 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

He was making 4+ AS all day, but you couldn't make 4+ wards, unlucky Eli.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#38 Post by Elithmar »

I wasn't too unlucky; it's just the volume of attacks that brought the phoenix guard down.

I've been thinking about list changes but I really can't find a lore I like for this list. I need something to buff the phoenix guards. I'll use a loremaster when I get one, but what lore to put ont he archmage until then? :-k The only thing I'm thinking would be good enough would be two level 1 beast mages to SPAM wyssan's. Only +1 to cast isn't enough though...
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#39 Post by Elithmar »

I was thinking about a standard deployment for this army (with shadow warriors swapped for another eagle claw) so that I have some idea of how I want to deploy most of the time.

Right flank (opponent's left)
Left (opponent's right)

From left to right (as I would see it in a game): RBT, Reavers, Helms + BSB, Eagle, White Lions, Archers + Archmage, Phoenix Guards, RBT.

The reavers and eagle would go down first, in the middle probably so that they didn't get in the way later. Then the RBTs on the extreme flanks, followed by archers and combat blocks on which ever side I decided to weight. Then the helms would go probably on the other side, although really anywhere across from a soft target (missile troops, war machines).

What do you think?
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#40 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I like deployment plans, the only thing I see wrong with yours is your right eagle claw, the moment the PG move, it'll probably be copping hard cover.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#41 Post by Elithmar »

Good point. In that case, I'd probably shift the whole right flank deployment (except the eagle claw) closer to the centre slightly.

I was thinking about loremaster equipment so I did a bit of Maths to work out how many wounds a 5+ armour 4+ ward and a 2+ armour would save:

So the 2+ armour is the best unless you're facing S6 and above or wounds that ignore armour saves. In that case, I think I'll go for Silvered Steel. I don't intend to expose the loremaster to S6 or higher, so it should be best. In addition, it lets him benefit from Earthblood.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#42 Post by Elithmar »

On Saturday, I had two games against Elessehta. These were my second and third games with the new book. Here is the first:

1500pts vs High Elves
Lists
Elithmar
Loremaster, Sword of Might, Shield of the Merwyrm
BSB, Dragon Armour, The Reaver Bow, Potion of Strength, Enchanted Shield
15 Archers, Musician
17 Phoenix Guards, Full Command
15 White Lions of Chrace, Full Command
5 Sisters of Avelorn
Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower
Great Eagle

Elessehta
Level 4 High Archmage, Book of Hoeth, 5+ Ward Save
Dragon Mage, Dragon Armour, Golden Crown, Enchanted Shield
29 Sea Guards, Shields, Full Command
8 Dragon Princes, Full Command, Banner of the World Dragon
Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower
Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower

Deployment

The Building directly in front of my archers had three storeys, as did the one North of that.

Spells
High Archmage – Drain Magic, Soul Quench, Walk Between Worlds, Arcane Unforging

Eli turn one

The reavers shifted out of the way and my main battle line moved up. Archers garrisoned the building. In the shooting phase, I knocked two wounds off the dragon. The dragon prince in the first rank ward saved the bolt from the eagle claw.

Ele turn one

Mainly due to Soul Quench, the Phoenix Guards were reduced to two elves. The bolt throwers skewered four out of the five silver helms, causing the survivor to flee.

Eli turn two

The silver helm fled the board. The reavers and eagle claw moved up, as it had nothing to shoot at. The Loremaster fled to the White Lions and the remainder of the Phoenix Guards unit ran away as quickly as possible. The eagle blocked the dragon princes. The Loremaster Spirit Leech-ed the eagle claw, regaining one die. He also cast Earth Blood at the White Lions.

Ele turn two

The Dragon Mage charged the Phoenix Guards, killing them. The Sea Guards reformed and, through a combination of magic and shooting, killed nine Chracians.

Eli turn three

The White Lions charged the Sea Guards. The eagle moved to block the Dragon Princes again. Magic saw me get Iceshard Blizzard through on the Sea Guards. In the shooting phase I did a wound or two to the dragon and dragon mage, whilst the reavers and eagle claw wounded Ele’s eagle claw. In combat, the Loremaster challenged, cutting down the champion. The Sea Guards killed two White Lions and the Chracians did four wounds back.

Ele turn three

The dragon charged and ate the Sisters of Avelorn whilst the Dragon Princes ran over the ealge. The Archmage cast Walk Between Worlds on the Eagle Claw, preventing it from being charged by the Reavers and increasing the Sea Guards’ ward save. The Sea Guards killed off all of the remaining White Lions, the Loremaster fled and he was run down.

Eli turn four

The Reavers turned around and shooting did nothing. Yep, it was a quick turn.

Ele turn four

Soul Quench killed seven archers and the Eagle Claw scythed down four Reavers. The dragon got scared and flew as far away as possible.

Eli turn five

The archers hid behind the building and the Eagle Claw crew were shot down.

Ele turn five

Everything moved up in preparation for the final assault.

Eli turn six

The archers moved back into the building, shooting down the dragon as well. Finally! The lone Reaver rode up to shoot at the Sea Guards but he failed to kill one. The Eagle Claw had more success, dismounting one Dragon Prince.

Ele turn six

Charge! The Dragon Princes destroyed the Eagle Claw; however, one of the Sea Guard crew managed to stab between the armour plates, killing a knight. The Sea Guards’ attack left only three archers and the Battle Standard Bearer alive, but the steadfast survivors would not flee. With that, the game was over.

Counting up points, Ele won 1190/515. That’s a pretty big win! It was a very fun game, despite some crazy dice rolls.

Ele suggested after the game that the Loremaster should take the Book and I definitely agree; he will always take if from now on. I was going to take it oringinally, but wanted to see if I could manage without it at 1500pts to save points. My magic phases left a lot to be desired though, so I took it in the second game.

Thanks for reading. :) Please leave any comments you have (about the game).
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#43 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

The first magic phase was hilarious, I remember one dicing every dispel. The book helped a lot in the second game. My turn, I threatened the building but moved the dragon back, if he had stayed, you might have stayed in the building and I could have assaulted it earlier.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#44 Post by Elithmar »

This is the second battle I played against Ele on the 22nd of June. Sorry for the delay.

1500pts vs High Elves
Lists
Elithmar
Loremaster, Sword of Might, Shield of the Merwyrm, Book of Hoeth
Noble, Battle Standard Bearer, Dragon Armour, The Reaver Bow, Potion of Strength, Enchanted Shield
15 Archers, Musician
17 Phoenix Guards, Standard Bearer, Musician
15 White Lions of Chrace, Full Command, Gleaming Pennant
5 Sisters of Avelorn
Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower

Elessehta
Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower
Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower

Deployment

The wood that the eagle claws were in was a Venom Thicket.

Spells
High Archmage – Drain Magic, Soul Quench, Walk Between Worlds, Tempest

Ele turn one

The dragon princes moved up, although one tripped on a fence (sorry, I forgot to add the fence to the diagrams). Ele rolled double five for magic and then channelled…twice! I dispelled Flaming Sword on an RBT, whilst the archmage then cast Walk Between Worlds on them, moving them further out to the flank. I dispelled Tempest. One silver helm was shot down.

Eli turn one

The infantry marched up, as did the cavalry on the flank. I then rolled double sixes for magic and Ele channelled (turn one magic was crazy!). Ele dispelled Searing Doom on the dragon and I miscast on two dice whilst casting Iceshard Blizzard on the sea guards. However, only two phoenix guards died as a result. I also got off Wyssan’s Wildform on the phoenix guards. The archers and BSB did nothing to the dragon with shooting, but the eagle claw killed two dragon princes with a single bolt and they rolled double sixes for panic.

Ele turn two

The dragon princes rallied. Ele managed to get Flaming sword on an eagle claw and Walk Between Worlds on the sea guards. In the shooting phase, one eagle claw shot a wound off mine and the other left only one silver helm alive. He then fled through the reavers, panicking them too; they all fled the field. Great.

Eli turn two

I cast Miasma on the sea guards, reducing them to BS2. Wyssan’s was cast on the white lions. The BSB managed to wound the left RBT with the reaver bow, whilst two more dragon princes died to my eagle claw.

Ele turn three

Ele got rid of Miasma on the sea guards with Drain Magic, before placing Tempest over the sisters. Unfortunately for him, it scattered off them. Soul Quench killed only two lions (they were T4) and Ele finally cast Flaming Sword on an eagle claw, which then destroyed my eagle claw. The other killed a further two white lions.

Eli turn three

The phoenix guards charged the dragon princes and the lions charged the dragon…but they both failed. I then tried to cast Searing Doom on the dragon, but Ele stopped it. I then cast Iceshard Blizzard on the right eagle claw, before Ele dispelled Miasma on the sea guards. I miscast Wyssan’s Wilform on the white lions, wounding the Loremaster and killing two phoenix guards. Luckily, the LM managed to avoid being sucked into the Realm of Chaos. Finally the archers (the BSB did nothing #-o ) did the final wound to the left eagle claw.

Ele turn four

The sea guards, dragon and dragon princes all charged the white lions. In the magic phase, I dispelled Flaming Sword, I let Walk on the eagle claw through and I failed to dispel Drain Magic on the lions. After combat, nine white lions lay dead. In return, they had wounded the dragon mage and killed a sea guard (the sea guards had a 5+ ward save). The Chracians held and only them and the sea guards were still in combat.

Eli turn four

The phoenix guards charged the dragon princes, who held. I got off only Earthblood in the magic phase, healing the Loremaster. My shooting was pathetic. Everything failed to wound the eagle claw and the BSB missed with all of his shots! In combat, I killed a single dragon prince, broke them and overran into the sea guards. In that combat, the Loremaster challenged the Archmage. It could have proved quite epic with the two generals duelling, but it was an absolute pillow fight! One sea guard died, as did one phoenix guard. The white lions all died. I disrupted him and so I won combat, but alas, he held as he was steadfast. The sea guards reformed.

Ele turn five

The lone dragon prince routed off the battlefield. The dragon flew up to toast some archers. I dispelled Flaming Sword, Drain Magic went through and Ele Walk-ed the dragon slightly. The dragon then proceeded to roast six archers and the eagle claw took down an additional three. In combat, the pillow fight continued. The phoenix guards broke (I wish I’d put the gleaming pennant on them rather than on the lions!) but they ran a great 11”.

Eli turn five

The phoenix guards turned around whilst the BSB drank his potion. I cast both Fireball and Shem’s at the sea guards. However, they saved all of the wounds. :( Ele dispelled Miasma whilst Iceshard failed. Great magic phase. The shooting phase was only a little bit better. The sisters finished off the eagle claw, but the BSB only hit the dragon mage once and then the wound was saved on the 6+ ward. Luckily he was picked off by the archers.

Ele turn six

The dragon charged the archers. In the magic phase, Ele got really unlucky and miscast his first spell, Tempest. It killed three sisters and the explosion killed twelve sea guards. The Archmage tested to see whether he would be sucked into the Realm of Chaos and…rolled a 1. Shooting saw me save four wounds from the sea guards with my armour. In combat, the BSB managed to sneak a wound past the dragon’s armour save, although two archers were killed in return.

Eli turn six

The phoenix guards charged the sea guards, who fled. I started casting magic missiles at them, but I realised that I wouldn’t be able to kill them all so there was no point as it was the last turn. We went straight to combat, where the dragon killed all of the archers and stomped on the BSB to do a wound. He then failed to hold and died protecting his banner.

In the end, Ele won 985/773. Very well done! It certainly felt closer than the first game. Thank you very much to Ele for another very enjoyable game.

I’ll post some thoughts about the games and my list soon, but in the meantime please comment on either of the two games. Thanks for reading. :)
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#45 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Thanks for the games Eli, they were a great deal of fun like normal.
I think the inclusion of the book really helped the loremaster against the lvl4.
My DP's might be almost immune to magic but mundane shooting does enough damage, I might switch out an eagle claw for some shadow warriors.
Ferny
9th Age Moderator

#46 Post by Ferny »

Elithmar
Loremaster, Sword of Might, Shield of the Merwyrm, Book of Hoeth
Noble, Battle Standard Bearer, Dragon Armour, The Reaver Bow, Potion of Strength, Enchanted Shield
15 Archers, Musician
17 Phoenix Guards, Standard Bearer, Musician
15 White Lions of Chrace, Full Command, Gleaming Pennant
5 Sisters of Avelorn
Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower
It took me a while to work out how this was different to my 2,400 list, so looks very viable as a tuned down list.

I've given up on RBTs and switched to flaming dragon princes for targetted monster or chaff killing (essentially the same role but different delivery mechanism). For my money you need 2+ or bust with RBTs and I went bust rather than 2+, although others seem to do better with them. Certainly yours performed very well in this game. Question: what role do you see the Sisters and RBT having at this points level?

At low points with no third character to tote the Ring of Fury do you think it might be worth switching out the potion and enchanted shield for it on the BSB for extra S4 shots? With long-range, move and multi-shot he's not quite the eagle-eye I thought he would be so the pot of strength is a very expensive investment for a wound or two at range if not supported by much more shooting/magic. I still like the reaver bow on him (S5 shots rock), but as a monster/heavies killer I think he's maybe lacking?

Is this an all comers list or tailored? How do you rate Sisters against other HE? I'm not sure about them, although they did finish off a RBT nicely here.

Everyone's cavalry seemed to be really unlucky on fleeing this game!
Elessehta
Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower
Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower
By my reckoning your DM is toting a 2+/6++ an has points to spare - are you not tempted by the dawnstone?

Have you taken the DM before? How's it working for you? What role do you use it for - support caster, CR generation, breath weapon? Would you consider either a griffon noble or foot mage as an alternative, depending on role, and if not, what is it about the DM (other than total coolness) which is best on the DM?

What magic were you worried about on your DPs when you put the banner on them? They're still vulnerable to dwellers, 13th etc, but come with built in protection vs searing doom, fireball, shems etc. Without having characters in there to be protected by it too it seems a little wasted on them. Have you been using it on them in more battles/at higher points? Is it working out useful/worth its points? Ideally I'd want the caster in the unit with the banner and it'd be perfect on your seaguard in this list, but sadly it's not to be...Did you want it in partly for stubborn on the dragon mage?

How are you finding High? I'm going to try it with Alarielle for some juicy unit ward saves - if I like it with her then I'll try it with your mage set-up, but if she doesn't impress I don't think I'll pare it down. I've tried a Lv2 high with a LM and I'm not convinced it's the best back-up so I'm going to switch it to either beasts or heavens, but I'm interested in how it performs for the main caster.

How did it feel pushing so few units around the battlefield? Looks scary small army to me :shock: . Great to see the DM in play though, and for that matter sea guard!

Good game guys, thanks for posting :)
The 9th Age: Alumni

Former Roles: Advisory Board, HR, Moderator and Highborn Elves Army Support
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#47 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

My list is supposed to be half of a doubles list, the dps were supposed to escort a high born and lvl2, now that I've dropped out of the event I might drop the banner and add something else in.
The DM kitted out like that rocks in at 375p which fills my hero allowance. He's been a lot of fun, and at 1500p he's scary.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#48 Post by Elithmar »

Thanks for the comments, Elessehta and Ferny. :)

Characters
At low points with no third character to tote the Ring of Fury do you think it might be worth switching out the potion and enchanted shield for it on the BSB for extra S4 shots? With long-range, move and multi-shot he's not quite the eagle-eye I thought he would be so the pot of strength is a very expensive investment for a wound or two at range if not supported by much more shooting/magic. I still like the reaver bow on him (S5 shots rock), but as a monster/heavies killer I think he's maybe lacking?
The BSB wasn't nearly as good as I had expected and hoped. I'm considering swapping him for a handmaiden with the bow and potion, as she should hit a lot more often. I would lose the re rolls, but in these games he was only really giving his archers re rolls. Maybe this was a mistake on my part and maybe my army would stick together more against some armies. However, it's certainly a possibility. I'll try the BSB for a few more games, though.

I think I have enough magic missiles with the Loremaster without taking the ring. I prefer the potion/bow because it's better for monster or armour hunting and doesn't rely on power dice. I know he didn't hit often, but if I'm careful with positioning, I might be able to get clear line of sight and not have to move on the turn I use the potion. Or I could use a handmaiden. ;)

I found the Loremaster great, with an amazing variety of spells and he was able to consistently cast many of them with the book. He was also pretty effective in combat, so I could put him with the phoenic guards. I think I'd rather put him with the lions, but I'd want the banner then and I don't think I have enough points for that, or even a big enough unit.

Core

Core was fine, although my cavalry did pretty poorly. Maybe I need the mounted BSB to make sure they have re rolls.

Special

Again, fine. I'm just a bit concerned that they're quite vulnerable to shooting and magic and there aren't many of them to start with. Spells like wyssan's, iceshard and miasma help here. I think I need to co-ordinate the two units more so that they can support each other and don't get isolated. On the other hand, the phoenix guard were unlucky to get destroyed to early in the first game and in the second game the lions did hold up the enemy long enough so that the phoenix guards could counter attack. I suppose I could have pulled a combined charge with them and not lost so many in the process if I'd had redirectors to hold up some units.

Rare

As I just mentioned, more redirectors would help. An eagle is useful, although I dropped it to fit in the book in the second game. I might also consider swapping either the archers or helms for more reavers. I'd have to get more models then though. :P

The sisters weren't great. They would help a lot against certain opponents, but I'm wondering if I'll see much regen. at 1500pts. I might swap the unit for another eagle claw or an eagle instead. Speaking of the eagle claw, it was great. Two might be too many points in too few models, but they could be devastating.
Question: what role do you see the Sisters and RBT having at this points level?
Sisters are there for getting rid of regen. if I find it. They do provide some extra medium strength shooting too. Five shots isn't much though and I don't know that I'll see much regen, as I've said. The RBT is to counter armour and high toughness foes like monsters. I was happily surprised with how many times the single shot hit in these games - I don't know if it even missed once! :D That's great and I've hardly used it before because I've been scared it'll miss and them that's all the eagle claw's shots gone.
Is this an all comers list or tailored? How do you rate Sisters against other HE?
All comers. I don't think they're great against HE, as their extra strength doesn't mean much, the AP doesn't come into effect and we have no regen.

I thought the dragon mage was great, Ele. He really did some damage and flaming sword was handy. I was really scared of him, which was why I kept shooting the reaver bow at him. It's a shame the potion/bow combo. wasn't more effective against him! :roll:
Good game guys, thanks for posting
Thanks for commenting and in such detail too. :)
Ferny
9th Age Moderator

#49 Post by Ferny »

I'm glad I stumbled upon the blog - your list is very similar to mine so it's great to see how it plays and the thoughts behind it. I'd been ignoring it from the title as I thought it was a fluffy story-telling thread but I think I followed a link to the bat rep and got hooked from there :).
The 9th Age: Alumni

Former Roles: Advisory Board, HR, Moderator and Highborn Elves Army Support
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#50 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

HaHa~ I love how you made him pink in the diagrams to match his hair ^_^
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#51 Post by Elithmar »

Hmm, perhaps I should rename the blog in that case. I just didn't want to have 1500pts in the title either because I don't think people would be as interested. I'll have a think...

Ele, ;)
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

Re: The Struggle For Glory - Army Lists and Battle Reports

#52 Post by Elithmar »

Yesterday, I had my first 2500pts game with the new book against Ulthuan’s very own Caradryal. He took an ogres army. I was keen to test myself against ogres again, as I haven’t had much chance to in the past. My list was very much last minute and a bit of an experiment. Any comments on it would be welcome.

2500pts vs Ogres
Lists
High Elves
Prince, Barded Elven Steed, Heavy Armour, Shield, Giant Blade, Dragonhelm, Dawnstone, Potion of Foolhardiness
Level 4 Shadow Archmage, Talisman of Preservation, Book of Hoeth
Noble, Battle Standard Bearer, Barded Elven Steed, Dragon Armour, Lance, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Endurance, The Other Trickter's Shard
30 Spearelves, Full Command, Gleaming Pennant
8 Silver Helms, Shields, Full Command
5 Ellyrian Reavers, Bows and Spears, Musician
24 Phoenix Guards, Full Command
5 Dragon Princes, Musician
6 Shadow Warriors
10 Sisters of Avelorn
Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower
Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower
Great Eagle
Great Eagle

Ogres
Level 4 Slaughtermaster, Dispel Scroll?, ???
Bruiser BSB, Crown of Command?, ???
Level 1 Beasts Butcher, Hellheart, ???
9 Ironguts
8 Ogres
Sabretusk
Sabretusk
Sabretusk
4 Mournfangs, Dragonhide Banner
6 Maneaters, Scout, ???, 3 Additional Hand Weapons
Ironblaster
Ironblaster

Deployment

We didn’t use mysterious terrain and the building had two floors. The reavers vanguarded up and the shadow warriors and maneaters scouted.

NB – In the diagrams, I confused the eagle and the eagle claw on my left flank. They are in the correct places in deployment, but after that I got them the wrong way around.

Oh, and I only deployed 5 shadow warriors even though there were 6 in my list. It wouldn’t have changed much, though. ;)

Spells
Shadow Archmage – Miasma, Withering, Pendulum, Mindrazor

Slaughtermaster – Bonecrusher, Toothcracker, Trollguts, Braingobbler
Butcher – Wildform

Ogres turn one

The entire ogre army moved up. I dispelled bonecrusher on the dragon princes and Caradryal miscast on four dice whilst casting a toothcracker bubble. The ironguts took five wounds, the BSB was wounded and the sabretusk also took a wound. Then the slaughtermaster was sucked into the realm of chaos. Ouch. Wildform on two dice failed. Then one ironblaster failed to wound its target and the other misfired. A great first turn for the ogres…

High Elves turn one

Charge! The spearelves charged the ogres and the helms charged the mournfangs; two silver helms tripped up on the way. I didn’t really know what to do with the dragon princes – I wanted them to take out the ironblaster but I wanted to avoid the maneaters. Well, that was a really stupid place to put them if I wanted to avoid the maneaters. :D Perhaps I should have held them back a bit so the maneaters probably wouldn’t get a charge on them but I’d probably be able to charge them next turn.

Caradryal popped hellheart. Luckily, my archmage only suffered a S6 hit and he saved it with his ward save. However, I lost all of my dice with the miscast. The shadow warriors shot down a sabretusk.

In combat, one ogre and nine spearelves died. Despite this, I was steadfast and passed with the gleaming pennant. I should have used the potion of foolhardiness this turn but I forgot. The prince whiffed his attacks, only doing one wound. The BSB finished off the wounded mournfang, but no other wounds were dealt. All of the silver helms were killed in return and then Caradryal used the banner. This wounded the BSB once. The ogres won, but the elven heroes managed to hold.

Ogres turn two

The maneaters charged the dragon princes, who fled. They then failed to redirect. The ironguts charged the blocking reavers. They predictably killed them all and overran into the eagle. The dragon princes only fled three inches but they luckily bounced through my other units. I’d like to think I planned that…

I dispelled wildform on the bulls. I think one of the ironblasters might have killed a dragon prince but the other did nothing. Caradryal really was having terrible luck.

The spearelves failed their fear test, but still did six wounds! The ogres did five back and I ran them down… Well done, spearelves! :D In the other combat, the prince dealt two wounds to the mournfangs. The BSB was killed and two wounds were dealt to the prince. He fled and managed to escape.

High Elves turn two

The spearelves charged and chased away the ironblaster. The prince and dragon princes rallied. The reavers and the eagle moved up to block the mournfangs from finishing off the prince. In the magic phase, I dropped the mournfangs down to T2 with withering. The sisters and eagle claw finished off the remaining sabretusks. Everything on the other flank focussed on the mournfangs. I dealt plenty of wounds, but he saved them with his armour. Darn, I only needed one wound to get rid of another model. :( The ironguts killed the eagle.

Ogres turn three

The mournfangs charged and killed all but two reavers. The remaining reavers fled and one tripped on a root in the wood. The ironguts charged the flank of the phoenix guards, who held. On the other hand, they fled to the maneaters’ charge. They panicked the sisters and the dragon princes fled from the ironguts’ redirect. Thankfully, I passed all subsequent panic tests.

Caradryal dispelled withering with all of his dice. The ironblaster finally did something, but it was only a single wound on the eagle claw. Wow.

High Elves turn three

The prince drank his potion, before charging the mournfangs. The spearelves and shadow warriors charged the ironblaster. The shadow warriors were eager for some action, rolling double sixes for charge distance! :D The reaver fled off the board whilst everything else rallied.

Caradryal let miasma through on the ironguts, reducing them to M4. He then failed to dispel withering on the maneaters with six dice (I used four); it reduced them to T3. I failed mindrazor. I killed a single maneater with an eagle claw volley. The other eagle claw (the far one) failed to wound the ironguts.

Two wounds were dealt to either side in the fight with the ironblaster. It lost combat by five and was run down by the eager shadow warriors. In the other combat, the prince hit with all of his five attacks and wounded thrice. The eagle added two wounds (I think double ones were rolled for armour saves!). The eagle suffered a wound back. The mournfangs broke and the eagle ran them down. The prince, on the other hand…

Yes! Prince Arnarion had finally chased off the ogre cavalry. He was wounded and tired, but he had finally beaten them. As the great eagle beside him harassed them as they routed, he spurred his horse on to chase them too. However, as the beautiful white Ellyrian steed exited the wood, she tripped and sent Arnarion sailing through the air. He landed heavily on his back and it took him a moment to recover enough so that he could sit up. As he looked around, he saw the Caledorians in the wood sniggering at him.

“Don’t just stand there, you fools; come and help me up!” he felt his anger flare.

The Caledorians did nothing, though. Arnarion felt himself going bright red in the face.

...Yes, the prince failed his dangerous terrain test. I said to Caradryal and Ele that I was going to! :lol:

Ogres turn four

The ironguts needed to roll a 10 to reach the phoenix guards and they failed. Well, it was worth trying. Caradryal dispelled withering and the ironblaster fell short. It just wasn’t a good day for the ogres. :(

High Elves turn four

The phoenix guards charged the gutstar. The reaver fled for good. In magic, Caradryal dispelled withering on the ironguts and just had to hope I failed mindrazor. However, I rolled 21. Thank goodness for the book of Hoeth. :D The combined shooting of the eagle claws and the sisters of Avelorn did seven wounds to the maneaters. They passed their panic test.

Combat saw the ‘razor-ed phoenix guards do twelve wounds to the guts. I was lucky to save two wounds on the archmage and eight on the unit, meaning only three phoenix guards died. I love 4+ ward saves! :D The ironguts held, but Caradryal decided to call it there.

Well thank you very much to Caradryal for a very fun game indeed. I definitely felt bad for him with his bad luck from the start but that’s just Warhammer and it was made up for slightly by me losing my general as well, to dangerous terrain. I’m very happy to at last have my first win with the new book – I’m sure it took me longer with the old book! ;) Unfortunately I’m not sure how well I’d have actually done if the dice had been more even. I definitely made lots of mistakes, from the positioning of the dragon princes to forgetting to use the potion of foolhardiness in the first turn.

I’ll be commenting in more detail on the game soon, but please leave any comments on it or the list in the mean time. I’m sure Caradryal would appreciate any advice too, as he’s quite new to ogres. Thanks for reading! :)
John Rainbow

#53 Post by John Rainbow »

Thanks for the report. I enjoyed reading it. As for the lists, I like them both quite a lot. For the HEs, have you thought about dropping the 2nd eagle and a couple of sisters for another RBT? I'm also generally in the camp of not taking the spears (or a musician generally) on Reavers but that might be personal preference. For the Ogres, that list certainly looks pretty mean! I am a big fan of poison & pistols on the Maneaters though so that might be an interesting change as it will give the army a bit more ranged output. I can also see an argument for Heavens on the L4 as the rerolls are so beneficial to Ogres, as is stuff like Comet as it helps you control movement and get them in close where you want them. What equipment was on the characters?
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#54 Post by SpellArcher »

Just looking at your list Eli, you seem to have gone slightly more MSU-ish (albeit generally Combined Arms)than a lot of guys. Decent shooting, couple of strong combat units. No scroll is big, especially considering the lack of Wards on the fighting characters. I'd just be a bit worried about Death magic or similar sniping them out without a reliable way to stop it. Is the 4+ Ward on the AM essential? I'd be tempted to try and fit the Ring in for a useful extra spell and maybe another item. Ogre list looks pretty meaty.

Well done on the win! Yes, Caradryal was unlucky but your luck was all over the place, good and bad like crazy. Pleased to see the Spearelf rampage! You seemed to benefit from being able to throw in chaff units to slow the Ogres down, while your own charges went in when you needed them to.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#55 Post by Elithmar »

Thanks both for commenting. It's nice to know some people read this and to get the ideas and advice. :)

John, yes, another eagle claw would be very useful. I seem to remember I went over the minimum a bit with core so maybe a few points could be saved from there and then swap an eagle for an eagle claw. With the reavers, Swordmaster wrote quite a convincing argument in his thread about why you should fully kit them out and add a musician. As I said, it was quite a quick list so I relied a lot on other people's lists and ideas. I'll certainly review in a few games whether the reavers' equipment is worth it, but I'm happy with them for now.

SA, I was quite worried making the list about the lack of protection on characters. I'm used to a 2+ re rollable 4+ on the prince! I admit that was with taking the ogre blade, but we still can't get as good protection with the new book. I'd never really thought about death magic because I haven't really encountered it before. This is just one advantage of this forum - how knowledge can be shared so easily and we can all progress faster. :) I might add in a level 1 beasts as a back-up mage and to carry the scroll. Wildform would be very useful with the phoenix guards and spearelves.

Yeah, I was so surprised with the spears! I wasn't expecting them to win so quickly - I just wanted them to hold long enough for me to cast maybe mindrazor or withering to help them. And yes, it's very reassuring to have so many redirectors to really control the movement phase.

Thanks again for the comments. :) I'll add some thoughts about the list and possibly a revised version soon. Last day of school tomorrow so I'll have tons of time soon. ;)
Jimmy
Centurion

#56 Post by Jimmy »

Thanks for the latest battle report vs Ogres. Dual Ironblasters is always going to be yuck, more so when you’re relying on heavy cavalry and co to do the hard hitting but you’ve got Shadow which is a tick in the box.

Reading your report as I write!

On deployment, were you keen at all to leave the Reavers behind in order to prevent the Maneaters from causing trouble? Also could you have deployed the Reavers in a better spot to prevent them from starting so close?

Turn 1

Well, ouch. I feel for you there Caradryal I really do! Thoughts on the early charge on the Ogres? Why no hold for a turn, get some shooting and perhaps they could fail a charge next turn? Just thinking out loud by the way. Seems like epic rubber lance/sword everything hit your Silverhelms!

Turn 2

Was positioning the Eagle behind the Reavers a mistake? Could the Phoenix Guard have garrisoned the building with a swift reform perhaps?

Turn 3

Not sure on the rules but could you have double fled with the Reaver and Eagle meaning it’s an auto failed charge or am I getting mixed up here with something?

Turn 4

Nice work!

Once again, thanks for taking the time to put that report up. When’s the rematch? How did you feel the list went and is there any change you would make?
Nec Sorte Nec Fato - Neither By Chance Nor Fate

X-wing Blog
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#57 Post by Elithmar »

Thanks for the comment, Jimmy. This topic has been busier this week than it has for months! :D

(My comments in blue)
Jimmy wrote:On deployment, were you keen at all to leave the Reavers behind in order to prevent the Maneaters from causing trouble? Also could you have deployed the Reavers in a better spot to prevent them from starting so close?

Well there's not much the reavers could do against the maneaters and I wanted to use them to hold up the ironguts a bit. However, I could and probably should have deployed them on the other side of the river so the maneaters wouldn't be able to deploy so close. I could always redeploy them into the middle with vanguard.

Thoughts on the early charge on the Ogres? Why no hold for a turn, get some shooting and perhaps they could fail a charge next turn? Just thinking out loud by the way. Seems like epic rubber lance/sword everything hit your Silverhelms!

Rubber lance indeed! The charge wasn't too long and I thought I might as well try it, as I really wanted my prince in against the mournfangs with his S7 attacks. I was just so excited that Caradryal had moved them up far enough so that I could charge them with a reasonable chance of making the charge. With hindsight, I probably should have held back a turn, moved back a bit and tried to do some wounds with my eagle claw. The eagle claw wouldn't be guaranteed to hit and wound and then do a decent number of wounds, though.

Was positioning the Eagle behind the Reavers a mistake? Could the Phoenix Guard have garrisoned the building with a swift reform perhaps?

If I hadn't put the eagle behind the reavers, the ironguts would have been able to reform and charge my phoenix guards. I did want this eventually, but not until I could get mindrazor or hex the ironguts. Not sure about the phoenix guards reforming - the dragon princes were in the way and the phoenix guards were quite a way away.

Not sure on the rules but could you have double fled with the Reaver and Eagle meaning it’s an auto failed charge or am I getting mixed up here with something?

Yes and that would probably have been the wiser choice, but actually the eagle dealt the last wound to a mournfang in the combat so it turned out to be the better option. Are you not sure about the rules because Tomb Kings can't flee? ;)

Nice work!

Once again, thanks for taking the time to put that report up. When’s the rematch? How did you feel the list went and is there any change you would make?

Thanks! :) We had a rematch on Saturday, although at 1500pts because we didn't have much time. I don't know when I'll get the report for that up or comments on my list - I've kept saying I'll do it but I'm no closer! :P
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#58 Post by Elithmar »

Okay, thoughts on the list:

Prince, Barded Elven Steed, Heavy Armour, Shield, Giant Blade, Dragonhelm, Dawnstone, Potion of Foolhardiness

Noble, Battle Standard Bearer, Barded Elven Steed, Dragon Armour, Lance, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Endurance, The Other Trickter's Shard

Obviously a severe case of rubber lance/sword this game, but they're going nowhere. Even if they did have a bit of bad luck (I feel I can hardly claim it was bad luck considered how much the dice deserted Caradryal this game :lol: ), the prince was just cutting through those mournfangs, apart from in the first turn. ;) The only thing I'll be changing here is giving the BSB the star lance (for even more S7 attacks on the charge and S6 in subsequent rounds from a great weapon) and giving him the golden crown. He feels underprotected at the moment and golden crown is great for the price. 

30 Spearelves, Full Command, Gleaming Pennant

24 Phoenix Guards, Full Command

Shadow magic was excellent, making my shooting more effective and turning the phoenix guards into killing machines. The phoenix guards themselves were wonderful, tanking damage. I was surprised at how amazing the spearelves were too! I don't expect them to do that every game, however. I think they'd be better supporting the helm bus. Furthermore, a support mage would be useful, as SpellArcher pointed out.

10 Sisters of Avelorn

Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower
Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower

Shooting was great, getting rid of the sabretusks early on and then significantly reducing the maneaters unit. However, as John suggested, I think I'll add another eagle claw. There are some armies that I'd really want another, like WoC so I'd have a better chance of shooting down all the flyers and even here it would have helped to reduce the mournfangs unit before combat, if I'd chosen to hold back on turn one.

5 Dragon Princes, Musician

6 Shadow Warriors

Great Eagle
Great Eagle

The great eagles and reavers did their job; they were always there when I needed them. I think I need to be more careful with positioning etc. so I don't have to use them so early on, though. I also think I shouldn't use he reavers so much as a throw away unit - they can do so much more.

I'm afraid the shadow warriors' continued presence in the list is far from guaranteed. Scouts are a nice tool to have; on the other hand, I doubt they're that useful. Certainly if I need the points, they'll have to go.

The dragon princes did nothing, I think. I positioned them badly in turn 1 and they kept getting charged and fleeing afterwards. I think they're potentially very useful as a support unit, but I need to be a lot more careful with how I use them.

A revised list is on its way. I don't have any major changes in mind - mainly just fitting in a support mage and an eagle claw. In the meantime, please feel free to add your own comments about the list if you think I've missed anything.

Thanks. :)
Caradryal

#59 Post by Caradryal »

Nice report Eli

Was certainly an interesting game, and if nothing else it showed I still have a hell of a lot to learn when playing Ogres. Some luck next time would be nice too :lol:
John Rainbow wrote: For the Ogres, that list certainly looks pretty mean! I am a big fan of poison & pistols on the Maneaters though so that might be an interesting change as it will give the army a bit more ranged output. I can also see an argument for Heavens on the L4 as the rerolls are so beneficial to Ogres, as is stuff like Comet as it helps you control movement and get them in close where you want them. What equipment was on the characters?
I had considered poison/pistol Maneaters and dropping stubborn for this but how effective is 6 pistols?

Again heavens is something I've been thinking about. There's a lot of nice spells in there and it gives me some ranged options too. My main combat block is already stubborn so I don't need spinemarrow there.

I'll probably put a few list ideas up here on ulthuan as the wealth of knowledge here is insane. If any of you can take a look I'd appreciate it :)
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=46653]New Blog - Warlock of the Black Tower(8th Edition)[/url]
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=49906]Ogre Blog - The Manglegut Tribe[/url]

[color=#000000]Caradryal's Host (HE) W 1 D 0 L 1[/color]
[color=#FF0000]The Manglegut Tribe (Ogres) W 3 D0 L2[/color]
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#60 Post by Elithmar »

Yes, thanks again for a great game and I'm just sorry the luck couldn't be more even. That's UB for you! :roll:

New list:

Prince, Barded Elven Steed, Dragon Armour, Giant Blade, Enchanted Shield, Dawnstone, Potion of Foolhardiness
Noble, Battle Standard Bearer, Barded Elven Steed, Heavy Armour, Great Weapon, Star Lance, Dragonhelm, Golden Crown of Atrazar
Level 1 Beasts Mage, Dispel Scroll
29 Spearelves, Full Command, Gleaming Pennant
21 Phoenix Guards, Full Command
5 Dragon Princes of Caledor, Musician
5 Sisters of Avelorn
5 Sisters of Avelorn
Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower
Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower
Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower
Great Eagle

Characters: 880
Core: 720
Special: 500
Rare: 400
Total: 2500

As you can see, only some minor changes were made. As well as changing the BSB's equipment slightly and adding a level 1, I dropped an eagle, added an eagle claw and split the sisters into two units to give me even more deployment drops and for some flexibility in the shooting phase. Finally, I swapped the enchanted shield and dragonhelm on the prince and BSB. This means that the BSB will have a 2+ all the time, whereas he would only have a 3+ in combat if he didn't charge with the shield. I wanted to give him a mundane shield as well for a 1+ against shooting and charging rounds of close combat, but I was 2 points over the total at that point and it was the easiest thing to drop.

Please tell me what you think. Is it better than before? Are there any more changes you think I should make?

Thanks. :)