AOS - Tomb Kings vs Chaos 2000 points

This forum is for the posting of reports of your famous victories and crushing defeats. It is for both single battle reports and for ongoing army diaries/blogs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Jimmy
Centurion

AOS - Tomb Kings vs Chaos 2000 points

#1 Post by Jimmy »

Nec Sorte Nec Fato - Neither By Chance Nor Fate

X-wing Blog
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: AOS - Tomb Kings vs Chaos 2000 points

#2 Post by Prince of Spires »

Jimmy wrote:I love Tomb Kings, it's that simple. Call me crazy, but the undead rampaging through deserts just really appeals to me.
You're crazy... ;)

I actually like tomb kings as well. When starting out I seriously considered them as an army. One of the main reasons not to do so was that my regular opponent plays TK and I wanted something different.

It's good to see them being competitive. The seem to have a lot of useful toys. Fast, mobile, useful chaff and hard hitting units. What's not to like :) Though it must be said that it's a bit ironic that they have finally become competitive only at a time when GW has decided to drop the models from production...

The scorpions turning up in your opponents backline seems to have worked great. It really managed to mess up your opponents battleplan and was great for both dealing with his general and working towards the objective.

Who were the stars of the show for you?

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
RE.Lee

#3 Post by RE.Lee »

Nice to see the Tomb Kings in action :)
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Jimmy
Centurion

#4 Post by Jimmy »

Prince of Spires wrote:It's good to see them being competitive. The seem to have a lot of useful toys. Fast, mobile, useful chaff and hard hitting units. What's not to like :) Though it must be said that it's a bit ironic that they have finally become competitive only at a time when GW has decided to drop the models from production...
No doubt they'll bring them back into production when they realise the error of their ways. Doesn't phase me in the slightest however as I've got everything I need.

Necropolis Knights hands down Rod, they are my favourite Tomb King unit so it's hard to look past them and they wreck so much havoc and them keep coming back.
Nec Sorte Nec Fato - Neither By Chance Nor Fate

X-wing Blog
RE.Lee

#5 Post by RE.Lee »

There's talk of them bringing back some OOP models on a on-demand basis. Hope TK are there, your reports keep reminding everyone what a cool faction they are!
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy