First battle report posted

This forum is for the posting of reports of your famous victories and crushing defeats. It is for both single battle reports and for ongoing army diaries/blogs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Cealyne

First battle report posted

#1 Post by Cealyne »

So, this is my first battle report on this sight! Played a surprise game tonight! I used my list for the upcoming adepticon primer. Was against a local wood elf player ( ran into him on Thursday decided to put together a game ). Even though last game I played him he smacked the holy hell outta me. Anyway, I apologize in advance, I am typing this on my phone, ( comp is broken ) so I have no images. Will do my best to give u the turn by turn action.

My list; Prince Cealyne's golden host

Prince Cealyne: GW, armor of caledor, vambraces of defense
Mage Ishgara: lvl 2, scroll ( high magic )
Mage Trageal: lvl 2, ring of fury, silver wand ( lore of metal )
20 spearman: full command
40 spearman: full command, banner of eternal flame
13 phoenix guard: full command, skiensliver, banner of sorcery
20 swordmasters: full command, amulet of light
23 white lions: full command, warbanner, gem of courage
5 shadow warriors
5 reaver knights: spears

Mage( high magic ) drain magic, shield, flames of the phoenix
Mage( metal ) searing, enchanted blades, robes

His list ( sorry he didn't have any cool name ) this is all from memory
Spellweaver: lvl 4, talisman if preservation, scroll ( life )
Highborne: bow of Loren, GW, alter kindred, arcane bodkins
Branchwraith
Noble: hail of doom arrow, additional hand weapon
10 glade guard: musician
20 glade guard: full command, banner if eternal flame
10 dryads
10 dryads
6 wardancers
6 wardancers
6 treekin
5 way watchers

Points might be a bit off, that's the rough look. If I forgot a unit I will amend entry!
Spellweaver( life ) earth blood, flesh, shield of thorns, regrowth

Set up: we just played a pitched battle just normal scenery. He set up first, I had + 1 ( +2 with my item ) sneaky! Anyway, units set up from my left to right ( again sorry no images )

His set up: glade guard, glade guard, large glade guard, treekin, ( both units of dryads in front on treekin) wardancers, wardancers. Highbourne next to large unit of glade guard. Branch wraith deployed in 1 unit of dryads. Noble and lvl 4 in large unit of glade guard.
My set up: large spears ( 8x5 ), white lions( 7x3 ), small spears, swordmasters ( 6x4ish ), reavers, ( phoenix guard behind large spears )

I won scout roll off, set up on far left about 15 inches from glade guard, he set up his 12 inches from my reavers. I won roll off to go first... Let the battle report begin!
Lord Sloth

Re: First battle report posted

#2 Post by Lord Sloth »

Hey, I'm interested to hear how the battle went... please post the rest soon :D
Cealyne

#3 Post by Cealyne »

Turn 1....
I won roll off to go first and surged ahead to close the gap to get into CC. ( risky as I would have to deal with good shooting ) I moved my spears to let my phoenix guard and its mages some view to the Feild of battle!! I reformed my reavers to possibly be able to charge his waywatchers ( if I got lucky... ) I moved my scouts close to threaten one of his smaller units of glade guard to left flank. I rolled a decent 8 for winds of magic, giving him 4 dispell dice. My banner added 3 and I channeled 1 more. He failed to channel. I open up strong with ring if fury on his dryads ( with the branch wraith ), he let it through.... I then killed 9! Lucky rolls! Anyway, I tryed to get flames in the 2nd unit but he wasted no time and through all 4 dice to save um. This allowed me to get robes on white lions, shield on swordmasters, and drain magic!!!! Bam!!!
Then came my mighty shooting with 5 shots into his archers, killing 4! Causes them to panic and run of board!!!! They made up there points!
His turn started off slow, he was a lil off on what to do. So he surged forward with his remaining forest spirits an wardancers. Moved up 5 inches with remaining archers.
His magic was nice with double 6's. giving me 6 with no channel. He opens up by trying to cast regrowth on the unit of dryads clinging to champ... He went for broke and rolled 4 dice.... Double 6's! Well he only ended up getting 2 back for a lose of 9 archers due to the miscast result... Ouch! Magic over and on to shooting. Waywatchers killed all 5 reavers, small archers in left side targeted spears killing 3. The small unit on right killing 1 spearman of small unit of spears. Spellweaver's unit targeted my swordmasters killing 0, couldn't get through my armor ( haha ) and shield. Then he unleashed hail of doom arrow on them!! He rolled triple..... 3's. then only killed 2 swordmasters! Not a great start. ( for him ) on to turn 2.....
"So do all who see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time we are given!"
Cealyne

#4 Post by Cealyne »

Turn 2 saw me launch an all out assault! I charged my swordmasters at his depleted dryads ( hoping to over run into his treekin ). White lions into his other dryads, my small spears at one unit if wardancers, and my large unit of spears at his small archers. My swordmasters, and white lions made it, rest failed. I lost 2 spears to the stand and shoot. No big deal. Rest of my movement was just my phoenix guard moving up a bit to support either white lions or spears if needed, and moving my scouts closer to his smaller unit of glade guard. Magic was poor, I rolled 5, giving him 3 dispell + 1 from channeling. My banner added 3. I started with ring cast at small archer unit on left. I rolled a 5. He attempted 1 die dispell. Rolled a 1... I then killed 5 archers, no panic. Then I tryed shield on swordmasters, he dispelled. I was able to cast robes on white lions! I then tryed flames on his spellweaver's unit.... Triple 6's! I managed to wound caster and kill 7 archers, leaving noble, 4 archers and caster with 1 wound!!! My miscast I lost a wound and remaining dice. No shooting... Straight to CC! Swordmasters killed branch wraith and dryad and over ram into treekin!!! ( hoping my lions could do same to other unit and end up in combat with treekin as well ). Myron killed 3, lions killed 5, I lost 2 in return dispite my 3+ armor sve due to robes. He rolled 3 for break test, they also over ran into treekin! Awesome!!!
His turn 2 started by flanking my swordmasters with wardancers and charged other wardancers into my small unit of spears. All made it. He moved scouts closer to my phoenix gaurd, no where to threaten them. Last unit of 10 archers moved to shoot at Phoenix guard as well. Unit of 5 reformed to shoot at my scouts. Magic he rolled big money double 5's. both failed to channel. He cast regrowth on archers ( his unit ) an got 4 back. He cast flesh to stone on wardancers unit, I failed to dispell. He shot my scouts killing 2, no panic. And the rest targeted my phoenix guard killing 0. CC was brutal, he started with my spears, I failed to kill any, he used multiple attacks and killed 12, I broke and was ran down. My white lions and swordmasters targeted the treekin killing 4 total. Wardancers struck back my swordmasters killing 3. Treekin killed 2 of each. He lost and fled with both, I ran them both down.
My turn 3 was no less brutal. I charged his spellweaver's unit with my large spears and his archers with my scouts. Lost none to his stand stand and shoot. Reformed both my lions and swordmasters around to face what was left. Magic saw me cast fury of khaki me on wardancers killing all 6. Flames on last unit of 10, killing 6, they panic and fled. No shooting again. My scouts killed 3 archers for no loss running rest down. And my spears killed rest of spellweaver's unit and took her last wound. Noble broke and was also ran down. He conceded only having waywatchers left. Victory me!!
Was actually my first victory over wood elves is at least 4 years so it felt t good. Sorry no pics and it took so long. Typing on phone sucks. Next 1 I will hopefully have pics and be using my comp!
"So do all who see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time we are given!"
Caradryal

#5 Post by Caradryal »

Good result!

Sounds like you played well. Wood elves are a weak army but do well against other elves with their low toughness and armour saves.

Pics would be great next time :)
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=46653]New Blog - Warlock of the Black Tower(8th Edition)[/url]
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=49906]Ogre Blog - The Manglegut Tribe[/url]

[color=#000000]Caradryal's Host (HE) W 1 D 0 L 1[/color]
[color=#FF0000]The Manglegut Tribe (Ogres) W 3 D0 L2[/color]
Cealyne

#6 Post by Cealyne »

Agreed, I have a game tonight or tomorrow. I will try to get some pics and hopefully get my comp fixed to make this easier.