2500 Tourny on the 3-17-12

This forum is for the posting of reports of your famous victories and crushing defeats. It is for both single battle reports and for ongoing army diaries/blogs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Tarval

2500 Tourny on the 3-17-12

#1 Post by Tarval »

Hey all, I was able to get the army completed put together before the tourny. That is for the most part as arms and what not had not been put on for painting. As you all now my army is built around a major tourny that takes into account all sides of the hobby. That tourny will be played out next year, ie 10 months from now.

The first player to play against this army was a dwarf army. Before he had even seen my army he was explaning why he picked the units in his army. Well needless to say he showed up with 7 war machines all with every upgrade each of them could take. He did this because this was all that he had for warhammer and wanted to get a couple of games in with it. The up side to this was the mission that we got.

The mission was night fight type in that on the first turn everything was at a neg 2, and a 4 plus for none BS using model. Ie he would need to roll a 4 plus for each machine to fire. Any unit that had flaming on it showed up in the night fighting and the negative effects were removed.
Turn two of the mission gave a -1 for BS and a roll of a 3 plus to fire none BS units. As well this game was based around victory points.

We rolled the dice for first turn and I won the roll off. I opp to take first turn so that I could advanced as fast as possbile into his lines. I really hate this scroll up issue when typing out long messages.
2 organ guns
3 cannons
2 grudge throwers
block of hand weapon guys,
block of great axe men
2x 10 man ranger blocks
Will finished the report on a note pad so that I can see what I am typing.
block of hammer
small block of minners
dabber
Tactician

Re: 2500 Tourny on the 3-17-12

#2 Post by dabber »

Tarval wrote:Will finished the report on a note pad so that I can see what I am typing.
You should ALWAYS do that when making a long post. Not because of a scrolling issue, but because of the non-trivial chance that the internet loses the post when you finally click "post".
Lord Anathir

#3 Post by Lord Anathir »

rangers are 0-1.
For the dwarfs, there was only this. Hammerson met Grombrindal’s gaze, and the White Dwarf nodded slowly. If it must be done, let it be done well. Whether they were dead or alive, that was the only way dwarfs knew how to do anything.

And Grombrindal said "10 from the back, yeah?"
Tarval

#4 Post by Tarval »

Well I have not had time to right anything up guys. My wife is in the hospital at 27 week with our baby girl. She will be there until 32 week of which the little time I do have is invested into other things.

In all the dwarf player had some reallllly smoking dice this game. As well with all the added options and upgradeds for his cannons. It was a pure shoot the hell out of the chariot list. Now I was able to get into his ranks, but alas I punched to hard and left my army in the open for even more punishment. Even if I hit less and he stayed, or went another direction. I would of then been shoot. Option A was to advance into his two blocks and fight it out. In the end I IF the wizard on four dice and blow up and died. That finished out the archer unit. We talked some afterwards about how it very rare to see such a list on the field. Being that this list is built for a major event this coming year.

One thing that was said is that he enjoyed playing against this list, as well as how effective lion chariots can be in combat. My first goal was for my opp to enjoy my list, the next one was to test out vs un comp list.
Tarval

#5 Post by Tarval »

Lee was the next opp who was running skaven.

lvl4
lvl 2
bsb
lord skaven fighter

Two or three blocks of 60 rats
Two blocks of 30-40? clanrats
Abom
30 priest
2x warp cannons

I think that was about it.

Mission was victory points with side point. 100 plus points and you won victory.

The game went kinda fast with my 38 archers taking the abom out on the 3rd turn. My chariots keep units locked in combat as well as my magic was a bit better this game. Then again casting flames on T4 plague guys is tuff to kill.

In the end I was able to pull a victory and scored 5 xtra points for a total of 20.
Tarval

#6 Post by Tarval »

Blood and glory was the mission.
bell with priest with rats
furnace with mage with rats
3x60 slaves
weapon team
2x aboms
warp cannon

Lots of gear

This was going to be a really nasty game as the terrian did not allow me to attack his leader. At this point I had been up almost two full days with only a hour of sleep to go on. Had I really thought it three I could of just cursed his warmachine and this tried to archer him off of it. Then again I was really tired and just trying to get the last game in. I was able to hold him off the entire game until the last turn. I managed to make a simple mistake with he was able to 6 yes 6 dice the 13th. I tell you that yes warhammer is by far broken and we have all talked about it. Well in the end he was able to pull 8 wounds on my spearman reg which was down to about 6 guys. Needless to say that cost me the game.

Had I just thought about this match some like I normally do. I would of just cursed his priest and drain magic twice. The down side is that my magic phases turned up really crappy. Almost every round was two to four dice max. The other mistake was that I could of just walked my prince on turn six out of the unit which would of put me well outside of his 13th spell.

Oh well, I could always change out my army to meet the meta game head on at this store. Then again I love my list and what it has to offer. I might trim down my archer unit even thought I find that they offer so much more. Its hard to say, but I do know over all my list was solid in what it did. Its just a matter of getting some rest before the big battle...