Fflar's Map Based Campaign

This forum is for the posting of reports of your famous victories and crushing defeats. It is for both single battle reports and for ongoing army diaries/blogs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Fflar Starbrow

Fflar's Map Based Campaign

#1 Post by Fflar Starbrow »

Hey all,
Several games into a campaign I thought I really should do some sort of blog on how my High Elves are going. So far I have had mixed results. Most of the group either haven't played fantasy, or have not played for several years, so we have been getting familiar with the 7th Ed rules.
The armies in the group are High Elves, Brettonions, Empire, Dwarfs, Orcs and Chaos. So far only the Orc and Chaos General players have stopped playing.

Anyway, I had an old warmaster map of the warhammer world. It had one inch grid marked out so we stuck the map on my mates garage wall and made up a few rules and assigned starting territories. These rules were quite simple, and added some flavour into the games. All games would be 2000 points unless you were challenging for an already won territory, then the game would be 3000 points. After playing a 2000 point game, the winner would roll a dice and if a 5 or 6 was rolled, then they would roll on the 6th Ed rule book Territory Chart to see if they had discovered a feature. These bonuses would not count towards their total points cost for their army, nor would they fill the required slot but they did have a 10% maximum limit. For example, if a mountain pass was rolled, the player could add 75 points to his 2000 point army and they could be extra troops, or an additional war machine, even if their special/rare slots were all filled but could only field a maximum of 200 points of bonuses in a 2000 point game. They could decide which items/bonuses they were using prior to any game.
Challenging for territories was also a simple step. Two players would organise a game, and would roll a D6. The highest roll would pick a territory that was in a loose path between any of their territories. Once the territory was decided on, the game would begin.

My first game was up against Mortal Chaos. At that stage the WoC player only had the older handbook which was a bit of a pain as all his nurgle stuff caused fear, but his warriors only had one attack, so I guess it wasn't all bad. I ended up losing this game. It was my third game of fantasy in ages, and his first. I forgot a lot of rules that would have seen me fare a bit better, like US 5 negating rank bonus. I lost a unit of spears and my general on griffon to a failed break test.He also had a dragon which I failed to deal with until the last turn. My White Lions cleaned out his dragon and ran over the fleeing lord. We didn't count up the VP properly either, so I was a bit ripped there. Oh well.

The next game was against Empire. I did a bit better in this game, but it was still a loss. I cleaned out most of his troops but failed to counter the steam tank. It just ran over all my troops. In the end it was a minor loss to me.

Next up was back to back matches against Dwarfs. My opponent had had a few wins, and had rolled a feature so had an additional war machine. Yay.
I got rolled in both games. I had a fairly mobile list, but couldn't seem to get the results I was after. He just Anvil'd my units to death, and steamed me with his annoying Gyrocopter.

So after 4 games for me (some of the others had only played 2 or 3) the results were:
HE and Orcs - no wins
Chaos and Empire - one win
Brets - 3 wins
Dwarfs - 4 wins

Total crap!! ]-(

Next up was Bretonnia. As you would expect, the Brets player took a fairly mobile list. IIRC, he had a trebuchet, several units of knights, a lord and BSB on a pegasus. 2 units of Pegasus knights, a wizard and some archers. I forget my list, but it was stacked with spear units, 4 bolt throwers, a lord on griffon and some SM and a unit of PG.
The first turn pretty much dictated the course of the game. I went first as he took the invulnerable vow. He had placed his mage poorly, and she got sniped by a RBT for showing her impunity. His lord and a unit of pegasus knights charged my lord and both units failed their terror test. They were still in their deployment zone, so fled off the table the next turn. My PG and two units of spears anchored one end, and my RBT's shot most of his army to bits. The SM got decimated by some poor rolls to wound against a unit of knights. He passed a lot of ward saves, and ran me over quite easily. His other pegasus knights attacked my RBT's over several turns. But my third unit of spears did hold up his BSB for most of the game.
End result was a win for me, but no 5 or a 6 on the territory chart :(

We ended up playing another game a week later. I took all magic this time, which threw him a bit as this was the first time I had used any in the campaign. He took the same list, but with a few tweaks. Namely rerolls for Psych tests on his lord. :lol:
I cast the spirit of the forge on his general and killed him in turn two. He was not impressed. His knights did a bit better, but only against my units of spears. Once again, my PG with a mage attached did quite well. This unit got charged by a unit of questing knights and a unit of grail knights. One failed its fear test, so didn't charge. The PG beat it easily, and outnumbered so the knights auto broke and were cut down. I then charged the other unit next turn and broke them.
In the end it was a minor victory to me, but still no 5 or 6!!!

My next game was against Dwarfs. The chaos and orc player had dropped out by this stage, so it was just the 4 of us left. The Empire player had been away for a few weeks, and so hadn't played any more games. So I was beating someone on the territory chart. :D

I took a fairly mobile list that included 8 SH with 2 nobles attached, one was a BSB with the +1 combat res banner, a unit of reavers, 4 RBT, and PG, SM and spear elves.
This game was a cracker. Most of his war machines had blown up by turn three. I had nullified his anvil with the pendant and my PG, SM and SH unit had run over two units of dwarfs and a war machine. I did lose my general to a failed break test and two units of spears were fleeing at the end of the game. In the end it was a draw, but I was happy with that as I nearly pulled off a win.

My most recent game was against Bretonnions. It was supposed to be a doubles match, each player taking 3000 points each, with me and the Brets player teaming up against the Dwarf and Empire player. But the Empire player couldn't make it on the day so I ended up playing the Brets for one of his territories. Here is the list I took:

Archmage, lvl 4 with ring of fury and silver wand
Lvl 2 mage with pendant of Vengance and Jewel of the Dusk
Lvl 2 mage with Ring of Corin
BSB with heavy armour, great weapon and Battler Banner (goes in the PG unit)

20 Spearmen with full command and shield
20 Spearmen with full command and shield
10 Archers
19 Phoenix Guard with full command and banner of Sorcery. Champ has the Gem of Courage.
10 Silverhelms with full command
5 Dragon Princes
20 White Lions with full command and Lion Standard
4 RBT
Great Eagle

The game started well. I killed a few pegasus knights and did a wound on his general with a RBT, although I rolled a 1 for his wounds. I lost a unit of spears to his unit of knights. I also lost my mage in an unforeseen way. I placed him behind some terrain, and when I moved my other units, I had somehow lost sight of him and totally forgot he was there. The Brets player then charged him with his BSB on pegasus and ran him down. I lost my Lvl 4 general to a silly mistake. :(
I did get revenge on the BSB. I shot him with a RBT and killed him outright. I shot the general again, but rolled another 1 on the D3 wounds roll. My WL were great. They held up 3 units of knights for the last three turns. I kept losing 4-5 per turn, but their stubbornness kept them in the game.
My other two mages had taken the lore of shadows, but failed every pit of shades roll. Magic was pretty useless to me that game.
My PG with the BSB and the last spear unit had marched across the table and killed two units of knights, a trebuchet and some peasants in the process. In the last turn my WL unit was finally killed. He did charge my PG with his lord, I don't know why he did this. He called out a challenge, thinking he could kill my BSB, but I answered it with my unit champ, and although he killed him, he lost horribly to CR and was fleeing at the end of the game.
The end result was a MV to me, but most importantly I had taken a territory off his hands that held a feature. So now I get a 200 point monster in all my games for free. I guess every list will now have to have a lord on a griffon. :)

I'll take some pictures in my next game to make it a bit more of an interesting read.

Till then.
We will stand defiant and emerge triumphant. Ulthuan shall never fall!

[size=85]It just ain't cool if your chrome don't shine![/size]
Sturen

Re: Fflar's Map Based Campaign

#2 Post by Sturen »

Lol, resurrect this thread!

Sounds like a fun campaign, where do you get the map and what is that territory table, could you post it or is that breaking the rules, it's OOP yes? Your friends are all abandoning the campaign though, shame on them! Make sure you keep those others in, bribery can always work!!!
My Log - guaranteed to make your day 127% more awesome!

Also find me on Instagram: @battlestones
Fflar Starbrow

#3 Post by Fflar Starbrow »

Alas, even the Dwarven player has given up. He is moving his family over seas for a couple of years, to teach in Brunei. So it is now down to the Bretts player and myself. We are thinking of scrapping the campaign and starting anew, with the Mighty Empires rules. I have the new plastic tiles, so we will see how that goes.

The territory table is in the 6th ed rule book, and the territory map is from the Warmaster rules set. I'm not sure if you can get it any more.

Fflar Starbrow

Re: Fflar's New and Improved Map Based Campaign

#4 Post by Fflar Starbrow »

Since we are the only two Fantasy players left, me and my mate Ross have started a Mighty Empires campaign. We're using the new plastic tiles in conjunction with the old rules. For those not familiar with the rules, you have a starting territory and you send your army out scouting unknown tiles. As you venture out from your realm you discover villages, cities and fortresses. These new territories can be added into your realm, but there is a chance that they reject your diplomacy for a new and enlightened rule. You then have the option of moving elsewhere or smashing them into submission. Depending on what you roll on a D6 they can be sized from 100 - 600 points (in game terms) You can also battle the other player as your forces meet on the map. There is also a chance that a scouted tile is inhospitable (barren) in which case you just stick a flag in it and move on.

Ross has chosen to use his Bretonnions and I have picked my High Elves for the first round (which is 6 turns long) Because we both own several armies we have decided to have the option of changing to a new army every round. Ross has Bretts, Beastmen and Warriors of Chaos. I have High Elves (6K), WoC (2K), Goblins (1250 points) and Daemons (2K)

The first round Ross rolled up 3100 points to spend on troops and upgrading his realm. He chose to spend it all on Troops. I rolled 2800 and also spent it on Troops (4 x 700 points). We both made small armies to scout the area around our capital. During the third turn/month of the campaign I rolled up a village that wanted to stay independent. Thinking that 700 points of High Elves would easily handle a smaller army I told Ross to roll the size of the defenders. He rolled a 6, so my Proud Elves are facing 600 points of Beastmen. We stopped the game there as it was getting late. The actual battle will be in a week or so. I have decided to stick to fluff (as much as I can anyway) for this campaign. I will use scouting army lists for anything under 750 points. Reavers, shadow warriors, eagles etc, and then scale it up from there.

Here is a pic of the map. Ross has the red men at arms and I have the grey spear elves representing our army banners.

Bolt Thrower

#5 Post by Bolt Thrower »

How is it decided which army you will battle? This sort of campaign is new and intriguing to me. I don't fully understand but look forward to updates. Looks fun.
Battle Standard Bearer. Don't leave home without it.
Bolt Thrower's High Elves
Fflar Starbrow

#6 Post by Fflar Starbrow »

I'm not quite sure I understand. Do you mean how do I decide what army I play against my opponent and vice versa? Each campaign season lasts for 6 turns. Then you retreat back to your original capital territory and collect revenue, upgrade buildings etc. Then when we spend our revenue on troops, we get to decide which army we will use for the next 6 turns. So we are up to season 1, turn 4. I am using Elves. At the start of the next season I may decide to use my WoC, Daemons or O&G army.
Or do you mean how do the armies actually engage each other? We just move towards an opponents army marker and hopefully they don't retreat away from our advancing marker. When two enemy banners are in the same tile, they fight it out to see who wins the tile.
Did that explain it?

If you google the rules, they are available for download off a GW site. They are real easy to find. It's probably better with three players, but at this stage it is just the two of us that play fantasy. Hopefully we can attract another player to participate.

Fflar Starbrow

#7 Post by Fflar Starbrow »

Ok, we had our game today. The High Elves could not have preformed better. In the whole game I lost 2 Reaver Knights and a single spearman, and all Ross had left was 10 Gors.

His list:
Lvl 2 shamun with spells 1 and 4. ( forget their names, but one was a move spell and the other made mounts turn on their riders)
15 gors w/FC
15 gors w/FC
5 hounds
5 hounds

My list was:
Noble with Heavy Armour, Great Weapon, Talisman of Loec
10 Archers
15 Spearmen with Full Command
11 White Lions with banner and champ (noble went here)
Eagle
5 reavers

We played on a 4x4 table. Two buildings on each flank and one in the centre. My deployment was archers on my left flank, then a unit of spears and the lions. On my right flank was the eagle and then the reavers.

Ross had a hounds on each flank, and gors inside each on the hounds and his shaman in the middle.

Turn 1
I went first and moved my eagle behind the middle building and the reavers straight forward 10 inches. The lions and spears stood still and the archers were out of range to shoot.

Ross moved his army as far forward as they could. The shaman cast the spell (with IF) where my mounts turn on the riders, and I lost a reaver from that.

Turn 2
I declared a charge on the hounds with my reavers. Ross decided to flee the charge, but rolled crappy and I ran him down. The eagle moved behind the unit of gors and the archers shot 4 hounds dead. They failed their Ld test and ran. The unit beside them held but the gors by the reavers panicked and ran.

Ross passed his Ld test for the gors. His other gor unit moved forward. He failed to cast anything that turn.

Turn 3
I moved my eagle and reavers behind his rallied gors for a charge next turn. My archers shot his gors and killed 5. They failed their test and ran.

His gors rallied. The other gor unit moved forward. His shaman cast the move spell and he moved his unit in front of my reavers 4 inches forward.

Turn 4
I thought he was too far away for a charge, so I just moved closer, but in fact I was only 16 inches away, so I could have had the reavers in his rear and a eagle in his side. My spears and lions set up to receive a charge from the gors.

His gors charged my lions and his champion challenged, so I answered with my Noble. I used the ToL, luckily, as I missed with all my first up attacks. I did one wound though, killing his champ. The rest of the lions killed a few gors and he held his nerve and stayed in combat.

Turn 5
I charged the gors with my reavers. They were shielded from the eagle by the centre building. The reavers killed three gors. Combat to me by one. He passed his Ld.

My spears charged the flank on the gors in combat with the lions. The lions and spears wiped the unit out. My reavers killed another two gors, but lost one of their own to the beastmen and he beat me by one on CR. I fled far enough away to avoid being flattened.

Turn 6
I rallied my reavers and hung back. The game was well and truly won and I didn't want to risk any more troops than I had to.
The rest of my units followed suit.

His last turn, and he charged my lions with his shaman. He rolled a 6, meaning he had hatred and frenzy. I chopped his head off with my noble. Game over.

Back at the map. I rolled on a casualty chart in the Mighty Empires book, where you roll for casualties taken from your units at the completion of the game and due to rounding I lost a spearman and a reaver from my list, so in game terms I lost 26 points from my 700 point list.

We carried on, with Ross doing well with the dice. He moved his 4 banners and found 4 villages. I rolled pretty crappy and actually lost 30 points from one banner due to a scouting mishap and I also failed to successfully scout two other tiles meaning I only found one village that turn. Ross moved again and found a hostile village. Here was my turn to inflict some payback. And I rolled a one. So 100 points of Goblins against 800 points of Bretonions. Great.

His list had a lvl 2 mage on horse 10 archers and 3 units of knights.

My list had a unit of 20 night goblins led by a champion and 1 fanatic.

He basically charged my unit in turn two. My fanatic popped out and went for one of the unit of knights. The other two flanked the poor goblins and smashed it to green goo.

The fanatic did come swinging back into his unit of knights, killing 2. Then his archers peppered the poor fanatic. He rolled 5 6's to hit it. :(

On the casualty recovery chart he got one of his dead knights back, so he lost 27 points from his list.

I have also challenged one of his banners with one of mine. So next up is 700 points of High Elves against 800 points of Brets.

We ended it there as Ross had to go home and build a fence for his wife. (Insert whipping sounds) :lol:

Fflar Starbrow

#8 Post by Fflar Starbrow »

We played our game today, Ross with his 800 points and me with my 700.
His list included 5 Questing Knights, 2 units of 9 Knights of the Realm, Battle Std Bearer and Lord. The Lord rode with QK and the BSB rose with one of the KOTR units.

My list was Noble on Eagle with Reaver Bow, Chariot, 15 Spearmen, 10 Archers and 5 Silver Helms.

I went first, as he took the Blessing of the Lady option.

I waited as he only had Knights, so he was never going to hold back. My Noble shot with his bow at the QK, and so did my Archers. I managed to kill two Knights.

He moved to about the mid point of the table.

I resisted the urge to charge my Silver Helms and Chariot as the range looked slightly more than my charge distance. I moved my Noble behind his troops and fired on the same unit with my archers in support. I killed another two Knights, leaving one and his Lord.

He Attempted to charge his three units of Knights into my Spears and Silver Helms, but was an inch short, so the charge had faltered short.

His bad luck meant he was in charge distance of my units, so my Helms and Chariot charged his QK, which was the only one they could see. My Spears charged one of his units of KOTR. My Helms and Chariot smashed his Knight and Lord, despite my chariots impact hit of 1, then a 1 to wound. :( His Lord failed his Ld check, and the reroll from the BSB and my units ran him down. My spears, however, failed to do much, causing me to take a test at -2, which I failed miserably. They were cut down by the KOTR, which fell short of the archers by 3 inches. My Noble fired at the other unit of KOTR and killed one.

He then charged my archers, who failed to wound and failed to pass their Ld test and fled from the board.

I manoeuvred my units out of his charge reach while my Noble march blocked one and shot at it but he made his saves.

He made a bee line for my Helms, which had parked beside a house seeking cover.

I moved my Noble and chariot out of his charge arch and kept shooting, but his armour saves were up to the task.

I had to put my Helms out of his Charge range but it meant they could be charged by his other unit. I positioned my chariot at the front of his unit so that he had to charge the chariot. I did this as I thought he would smoke the Helms, and losing the chariot was a better option.
He mowed the chariot down, but failed to reach the Helms.

We tallied up the victory points, and Ross won by 85 points, the cost of the chariot.

On the troop recovery table, Ross recovered half of his casualties, and his Lord made a full recovery (there is a posibility his Lord could have been captured had I won the game, or he could have died, meaning I get full points for him)

I lost two out of three casualties. So out of of the 355 points I lost, I got 120 back.

This banner got pushed back off the tile, so I merged it with the banner that fought the Beatsmen. The banner is now at 1043 points strong, and Ross has pursued it with his army, which is now around 720 points.

Baerion

#9 Post by Baerion »

This has inspired me and my buddy to do something similar. It's just the two of us as well so we had always thought a campaign would be kind of lame. However, it seems like you two are having fun and enjoying yourselves so I think I'm going to get the campaign talk going again. We would each have 3 armies to choose from.

Keep up the reports!!
Midnight Legion Painting Blog: http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=30693
Fflar Starbrow

#10 Post by Fflar Starbrow »

Yeah, it's a lot of fun. The rules are quite old, but a few mods here and there and it plays really well. And if you have 3 armies each then it shouldn't get stagnant. The Mighty Empires rules can be downloaded from the GW website.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/conte ... Id=1400005

I hope you and your buddy have as much fun as Ross and myself.

++edit++
I forgot to mention that Ross rolled up an independent settlement with one of his banners, so in addition to the next game we also have a 800 points of Brets Vs 500 points of goblins. I have planned to take a few units of night goblins with wolf riders, big boss, lvl 2 shaman and a rock lobba in support. Mess his day up real bad. :evil:

~Milliardo~

#11 Post by ~Milliardo~ »

These are exactly the types of games I like to play. The old Mighty Empires rules really are a blast and they bring so much more to the game. Most all of my Warhammer experience comes from this type of campaign, so its very nostalgic to read your reports.

One thing though, with small armies like that, have you guys considered using some of the warbands rules? I find that the rules for irregular, undersized units really helps High Elves.

Keep up the reports!
Fflar Starbrow

#12 Post by Fflar Starbrow »

Yeah, Ross has just picked up a copy and is waiting for it to arrive. I understand it can be used for 500 point and under games. That will be handy for when banners have been reduced, or small independent settlements are rolled.

~Milliardo~

#13 Post by ~Milliardo~ »

Excellent news.

Another question, do you have the Generals Compendium? That's got some excellent rules for map based tile campaigns as well. Also, boats. :D
Fflar Starbrow

#14 Post by Fflar Starbrow »

Unfortunatley no. But I am keeping an eye out locally, or if a sweet deal shows on Ebay.

Lantheya

#15 Post by Lantheya »

Sorry to highjack your thread, but I run now since about 2 months a Warhammer campaigne at my local GW store in Hamburg/Germany. I used the old Mighty Empires rules and some ideas from the Generals Compendium to create my own rules and came up with some ideas to level the characters.

The players are: two Goblins (light and dark green), one Orc & Goblins (red), one Khemri (yellow), one Warriors of Chaos (Nurgle) (pink), one Druchii (purple), one Skaven (brown), two Empires (white and dark red), one Bretonii (orange), one Wood Elves (turquoise) and one High Elves (blue).
One more turn and the winter will take control.
The highlight so far was a battle of 2 armies of Orcs & Goblins with one Goblin army vs. 2 armies of the Druchii. The whole Druchii scum was destroyed.

EDIT: Sorry for the hugh image. Not sure why it shows up here so large...
Last edited by Lantheya on Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lantheya, Princess of House Niathym
Fflar Starbrow

#16 Post by Fflar Starbrow »

Whoa, wicked map. I think I need to add some coastal tiles like you have done. It will help break up the land tiles and make it a bit more interesting.

Thanks for the pic.

Fflar Starbrow

#17 Post by Fflar Starbrow »

Ok, with the introduction of 4 new players into our group of two we decided to kick the campaign off again. We cleared the map, gave everyone a starting realm of 7 tiles and rolled on the appropriate Mighty Empires chart to see what their realm consisted of.

We decided to play using some home made rules rather than the ME rules as we can't guarantee that everyone will be available when they need to be. So we decided to add in army experience. That way if you are a regular player your army gets slightly better as you battle other players. If you don't show, you don't gain or lose anything.

The first game was between the Beastman and DE player. I was supposed to take on O&G, but the player could not make it so we have rescheduled for next weekend. I have also decided to use my Chaos army for this campaign. So there are no Asur in the Campaign this time (but I'm still going to post reports here)

They picked a neutral tile between their realms and rolled a dice to see what they were fighting for. A village was rolled so I placed the appropriate marker on the map and got the camera ready while they set their armies up.

The game was a real good one. I only remembered to take one photo, as I was caught up in the game. #-o

The Beastmen player had 2 Ghorgons, 2 chariots, 2 big units of Ghors, a shaman, a unit of minotaurs and a doombull.

The DE player had Maleus Darkblade, 5 cold one riders, Lvl 4 sorceress on cold one, Hydra, 15 spears, 16 crossbows, 15 witches, 5 shades, an assassin and 10 corsairs.

The DE went first, and moved forward, which surprised me as I figured with the tough monsters on the other side he would shoot and magic them for a bit. He shot a few wounds off one of the Ghorgons with the RXB's and augmented his units with some shadow magic.

The Beast player moved his units into position, cast a spell which saw the cold ones turn on their riders. He lost two and Maleus took a wound.

The cold ones charged a ghorgon with maleus calling on his sword for power.
Magic, and the sorceress hexed the ghorgon down in toughness and strength.
The RXB's decided to shoot a chariot and took it down with ease.
The cold ones killed the ghorgon and pursued into the other chariot.

The beastman player moved forward again, his charges falling agonising short.
Magic, and the shaman cast the same spell on the cold ones and another one died to his mount.

This turn saw a series of charges for the DE. The shades charged a unit of ghors, the witches charged the other and the hydra and the spears charged the minotaurs.

The sorceress tried to hex the ghors in combat with the shades but failed.

The shades with the help of an assassin killed some ghors and the shaman, the witches slaughtered 11 ghors, but lost enough to draw the combat.
The cold ones destroyed the chariot and reformed to face the ghors locked in with the shades.
The minotaurs slaughtered the spears and ran the hydra down.

The minotaurs moved towards the cold ones, but were really left stranded.

The ghors killed the shades and reformed to face the impending charge from the cold ones.

The cold ones charged the ghors.

The sorceress cast pit on the minotaurs. 3 out of 4 minotaurs failed as well as doombull. He rolled a 6 and fell to his doom.

The RXB's killed the last ghorgon.

The witches finished the ghors off, the cold ones killed lots of ghors and ran them down.

And that finished the game. The beastmen were wiped out, and the DE player had Maleus, several witches and the corsairs left.

So the village was won by the DE. Now the players work out victory points and experience points as found in the Warbands rule book. The Beastmen player had given up 2025 points and the DE player had given up 1350, and as the entire Beastman army had been wiped from the table the result was a massacre. This gave the DE player 100 experience points. The Beastman also earned points for his loss, but only 25. He also had to roll on the character injury table for his Doombull dying. He rolled a D66 result of 66, which meant Doombull came back unscathed, and earned him a further 15 experience points for a total of 40 points.
The DE player rolled on the Psychopath chart for his general and rolled Resiliant, meaning he gets to reroll a result on the character injury table. He decided to save the rest of the experience point for later in the campaign. We are thinking of allowing players to spend their experience points on upgrading their settlements. So for a number of points, you could turn a village into a city or fortress and so on. This would allow players to better defend their settlements as Villages, Cities and Fortresses give bonuses when being defended from enemies. A village allows you to take D3 x 100 points extra in your armies. The only restriction is it must come from the core allowance. Cities allow a D6 x 100 and can be chosen from Core and Special and Fortresses allow D6 x 100 points, but can come from Core, Special and Rare.

We are also trying to encourage players to stick to their original army lists. One way of doing this is if the enemy general dies (as per Warbands injury chart) or is retired, a -1 Ld to the enemy general in imposed until that general wins a game in the campaign. People can spend experience points on units as well, if the appropriate roll is made on the experiance table. Hopefully that keeps them using the same armies as much as they can.

Thanks