RE.Lee's "Record of Lost Colonies"

This forum is for the posting of reports of your famous victories and crushing defeats. It is for both single battle reports and for ongoing army diaries/blogs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: RE.Lee's "Record of Lost Colonies" - End Times Reloaded!

#1171 Post by SpellArcher »

RE.Lee wrote:There was, in fact, a scroll somewhere in the list
That makes a difference, he can get more fruity with the Periapt.
RE.Lee wrote:I thought the Tools of Judgment the Witch Hunter carries are magical attacks. Wrong.
Hmm, me too!
RE.Lee wrote:Soon the undead were in my face, and the skeletons, crucially, in the Fort.
I'd have thought the Greatswords would clear them out, given enough time.I guess it depends how much your opponent can heal his unit?
RE.Lee wrote:Getting that flank charge with the IC Knights was important here because the Halberdiers failed their fear test and were less effective than expected.
Yeah, good job. Maybe a bit ambitious of your opponent.

Looks like you should be able to deal with the Black Knights now. I guess the question is whether you can contain the Grave Guard.
RE.Lee

#1172 Post by RE.Lee »

Yeah, the Grave Guard are a tough nut to crack on their own, let alone with a Wight King and a Vampire Lord in their ranks!

Turn 2.

Seeing things getting out of hand the Hexwraiths charge the Greatswords in the flank, with the Skeletons leaving the Fort in order to help them out later on. My opponent seemed to agree that they would be unable to deal with the Greatswords on their own and wanted to tackle my veterans in the open field.
The Black Knights charge the Pistoliers and the Ghouls charge my Knights.
Magic phase saw a big Nehek cast with IF on surrounding units. Did healed the GG and put 2 extra ranks on the skeletons, but also resulted in the Necromancer Lord losing 2 levels and his crucial summoning spell.
In combat the Black Knights wipe out the Pistoliers, though I did manage to bring one down beforehand.
The Ghouls kill 3 Knights but still lose the combat (thank Sigmar for hatred and S4!).
The Grave Guards fail to finish off the Steam Tank, leaving it on one wound.
The Greatswords manage to win by 1 and crumble a Hexwraith.

But recklessly, I charge the Halberdiers and War Altar into the Grave Guard.
The Demigryphs aid the IC Knights in their fight against the Ghouls.
I manage to cast the "re-roll wounds" bound spell with my Archlector, on IF. Opponent pissed, but saves his dice for later.
Shooting does nothing.
The Demigryphs do NOTHING, but I still manage to win the combat slightly, as the Ghouls run out of steam. Can I end this before the Black Knights come around?
The Halberdiers and War Altar do well against the Grave Guards (6 kills with impact hits!), but the Vampire Lord does 4 wounds to my general - this means I will most likely not get the chance to drink my Healing Potions!
Greatswords crumble another Hexwraith, after combat-reforming previously.

cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#1173 Post by Prince of Spires »

It can go either way from here I think. Losing 4 wounds on the steam tank that early in the game is a bit a pity. On the other hand, having the necromancer lose 2 levels that early in the game is a bonus. Here's to hoping your general gets to drink his potion.

I think it will come down to whoever has a unit free to support another combat. Everything seems to be tied up, making it a slow grind. Once a unit frees up somewhere it can tip the balance in a next combat and shift the momentum of the game.

eager to see how it plays out.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#1174 Post by SpellArcher »

RE.Lee wrote:Hexwraiths charge the Greatswords
What I forgot is the ability of Ethereals to pin stuff. So the Greatswords will win but might be slowed down enough for the Skeletons to hold the building.
RE.Lee wrote:The Grave Guards fail to finish off the Steam Tank, leaving it on one wound.
Again, it's all about buying your other units time, isn't it?
RE.Lee wrote:Vampire Lord does 4 wounds to my general
Having a guy who can reliably hack through stuff really helps with these grinding combats.
Prince of Spires wrote:On the other hand, having the necromancer lose 2 levels that early in the game is a bonus.
Yeah, takes the sting out of the magic phase.
RE.Lee

#1175 Post by RE.Lee »

The Necromancer's miscast really helped.

Losing 4 wounds on the Tank is bad but I only expect it to die at this point, no building up steam points to risk explosions (or maybe that would have been a clever idea?).

Hexwraiths are a pain in the ass. I really should have taken something magical with that BSB. Stupid mistake to make.

Turn 3.

The Skeletons charge the Greatswords in the flank. Thank God for Stubborn, Hold the Line and Cold Blooded!
Magic does nothing of note. I might have burnt my scroll at this point.
The Vampire challenges my Archlector, I accept for the sake of the story. I almost make it but one wound slips through and the general dies, as does the Steam Tank. The Halberdiers do a little bit of damage, lose the combat but hold on despite being down to Ld6 (Aura of Dark Majesty!).
The Greatswords lose 3 guys, kill some back and stay put.
The cavalry finally finish off the Ghouls and reform to face the Black Knights.

The Demigryphs and IC Knights charge the Black Knights.
Magic does nothing.
My knights wipe out the undead cavalry and the Vampire crumbles. I reform towards the hill. This is good.
Other combats continue.

Last edited by RE.Lee on Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheers, Lee

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#1176 Post by SpellArcher »

RE.Lee wrote:The cavalry finally finish off the Ghouls and reform to face the Black Knights.
I wondered if they should have turned to prepare for the Grave Guard? Probably not, given the way things are going.
RE.Lee wrote:Luckily neither unit is caught in pursuit.
Very helpful!

:)
RE.Lee

#1177 Post by RE.Lee »

Mixed up the second part of the previous turn. The Halberdiers and Greatsword were still standing at the time!

Clearing the southern flank was my priority from the start. Wouldn't want to leave that Vampire roaming freely in my rear. Shooting/magic could work but was not a certainty.

Turn 4.
No movement and little magic by the VC.
The combats are a bit of a disaster though. The Halberdiers lose, as expected, and this time fail their leadership test. Worse still, the Greatswords manage to roll 6,6,5 and then 6,5,5 for their check and also flee. Luckily neither unit is caught in pursuit.

I move my cavalry onto the hill. Both Halberdiers and Greatswords rally.
In the magic phase I manage to cast another big Shem's and finish off the Grave Guards. They won't be coming back this time. The Vampire Lord and BSB remain however.

Turn 5.

The undead characters join the Skeletons as the ready themselves for the final push onto the hill. They still have a chance of contesting it and, as I'm not able to get to the fort, winning their side a draw.
The Hexwraiths charge the Greatswords, break them again and my men flee off the table.

I put a double blockade on the Skeletons, using the Halberdiers (boosted with Pha's Protection) and the IC Knights (or whats left of them).

Turn 6.

The Skeletons charge in, break the Halberdiers and PANIC the IC Knights.

Ooops.

My opponent chucks the dice for his pursuit move, needing an 9 to get to the hill.

Rolls a 6.

Victory for the Empire!

cheers, Lee

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#1178 Post by SpellArcher »

RE.Lee wrote:n the magic phase I manage to cast another big Shem's and finish off the Grave Guards.
=D>
RE.Lee wrote:The Hexwraiths charge the Greatswords, break them again and my men flee off the table.
That is unlucky.
RE.Lee wrote:Rolls a 6
A 1-in-3 chance I guess but it was dependent on the Knights panicking.

Close but no cigar!
RE.Lee

#1179 Post by RE.Lee »

A close call indeed!

Them holding up the skeletons for a couple more turns (as they should have) would have saved me some nervous moments. The Greatswords had some horrendous luck but it didn't matter in the long run.

I'm really happy how I've dealt with the enemy cavalry - I was hoping on doing that first, but the undead speedy movement in the center meant I had to ditch my initial plans. Concentrating that hitting power on the Zombies payed off and I was free to dictate the flow of the game from that secure position in the middle.

Magic was mostly lucky for me. After a small scare in the first couple of turns, the Necromancer lost his mind and the army never recovered. Undead are just not the same without their superior magic - even with the Periapt my opponent just had too limited a selections of spells to harm me in any meaningful way.

So, Sylvania is broken and the future looks bright for the good guys. I was supposed to start an invasion of Tilea today, but that had to be called off for now. Will see if the Skaven will try that approach at all, or if they'll go straight for Nuln.

Because I had already set up the table for the Tilea invasion, I've played a small skirmish between Beastmen and Empire to keep me busy (and to show off the Ungors I've finished painting yesterday!)

cheers, Lee

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#1180 Post by SpellArcher »

RE.Lee wrote:I'm really happy how I've dealt with the enemy cavalry - I was hoping on doing that first, but the undead speedy movement in the center meant I had to ditch my initial plans. Concentrating that hitting power on the Zombies payed off and I was free to dictate the flow of the game from that secure position in the middle.
You definitely comboed the enemy units RE.
RE.Lee wrote:I've played a small skirmish between Beastmen and Empire
Who won?
RE.Lee wrote:Ungors
These look suitably unpleasant!

RE.Lee

#1181 Post by RE.Lee »

By the end of the game there were 4 Ungors and 3 Handgunners left (both with a champion), so I'd call it a draw. Both units were doing well throughout the game - the Beastmen killed the Archers and the Greatswords, while the Empire guys shot down a Centigor and a Bestigor champion - so I'd have a hard time picking the party with an advantage here.

It was a nice change of game-size though, keeping things simple.

The Beastlord is almost done, while the Tuskgor Chariot is already undercoated and next in line. I have a morning off tomorrow, so I'm expecting to get some painting done!
cheers, Lee

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#1182 Post by SpellArcher »

RE.Lee wrote:Tuskgor Chariot is already undercoated and next in line.
Excellent, I've a soft spot for these!
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#1183 Post by Prince of Spires »

Do you use any specific skirmish rules?

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
RE.Lee

#1184 Post by RE.Lee »

Not really, just fooling around :wink: It was just 8th, with everything in skirmish and unbreakable (didn't want to make it fiddly). No magic obviously.

The lists were arbitrary, too:

Empire:
Warrior Priest, barded steed, great weapon, heavy armour
Pistolier Champion, brace of repeater pistols
5 Halberdiers
3 Archers, scouting
3 Greatswords
3 Handgunners, champion

Beastmen:
Bestigor Champion
2 Bestigor
1 Gor, shield
2 Warhouds
1 Centigor
5 Ungors

The Beastmen were on the offensive, trying to encircle the Empire troops with the Centigor on on side and the Warhounds on the other. The former got shot early on, while the latter aren't that poweful, so the main attack was down the middle.

First combat was the Pistolier agains the lone Gor, which lasted for quite a bit, despite the Warrior Priest joining in. The Empire leader was killed when the Bestigor charged in. These were then decimated by the Halberdiers.

In the meanwhile the Greatswords dealt with the Hounds and the Ungors were grinding down the Archers.

Finally the Gor killed the Pistolier but was cut to pieces by the Greatswords. The Bestigor Champion killed the remaining Halberdiers and was sniped by the Handgunners before he could face the Greatswords.

The Ungors having slain all the Archers faced the Empire veterans. They killed one each round, while their opponents were having a bad case of rubber great weapons.

As mentioned, they were having a face-off with the Handgunner when I decided to call it.

A mid game shot:

cheers, Lee

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#1185 Post by SpellArcher »

Battlefield looks really nice.
RE.Lee

#1186 Post by RE.Lee »

Thanks! Really happy with the wheatfields, I still have enough to make 3 fields or so.

I've finished the Beastlord:

Looks nice, though finecast was a bit of a pain, as usual. I've also painted his teeth since taking the photo.

Doing his base I've realised that I didn't drybrush the bases on the Bestigors... Bummer, as with the snow and tufts on I can't really go back. Maybe I'll try to just highlight the edges a bit. Doesn't really show, but now that I KNOW IT :evil:
cheers, Lee

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#1187 Post by SpellArcher »

Mean and moody isn't he?

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#1188 Post by Prince of Spires »

What size (roughly) did you make the fields? And do they come with any specific rules or just blocking LOS for small stuff and perhaps something like cover?

Check out my plog

RE.Lee

#1189 Post by RE.Lee »

The fields were some 8x4" maybe. They vary a lot but that would be the average size I'd say. You can see a man-sized model over them, so they just provide light cover. Perhaps Giant Rats and such would be completely hidden.

The Beastlord got field-tested yesterday as I took on Vampire Counts again!

Scenario - breakthrough. At the end of the battle each unit in the middle 1/3 is worth 1vp, each unit in opponents 1/3 is worth 2vp.

Beastmen list:

Beastlord, MoK, Sword of Antiheroes, Talisman of Preservation, Enchanted Shield, OTS
Great Bray-Shaman, MoK, Level 4 Beasts, Fencer's Blades, Jagged Dagger, Obsidian Amulet, Potion of Strength
BSB, Beast Banner, Gnarled Hide, Many Limbed Fiend, shield
Bray-Shaman, MoK, Level 2 Beasts, Dispel Scroll

28 Gors, two hand weapons, command, MoK
22 Gors, two hand weapons, command, MoK
2x5 Hounds
2x5 Ungors, MoS
Tuskgor Chariot

30 Bestigors, command, MoK
3x Razorgor

Shaggoth, great weapon

Vampire Counts:

Vampire Lord, Level 2 Vampires, Ogre Blade, Talisman of Preservation, Aura of Dark Majesty
Necromancer Lord on Corpse Cart, Level 4 Vampires, Black Periapt, Rod of Flaming Death

Krell
Wight King BSB

26 Skeleton, command
50 Zombies
24 Ghouls
2x5 Dire Wolves

30 Grave Guards, great weapons, command, Banner of the Burrows
3 Vargheists
Terrorgheist

Deployment:

What do you think?
cheers, Lee

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#1190 Post by SpellArcher »

Sword of Anti-heroes is interesting and probably good. The big Shaman looks slightly vulnerable to me. I don't think Beasts is quite punchy enough. The Shaggoth could be good against all that Infantry but he needs to avoid the Terrorgheist.

Vamps are missing a scroll. Krell is dangerous but killable because he lacks a decent save.

Two Infantry armies are heading for a huge punch-up. The Terrorgheist will find it tricky to scream off the Shaggoth without getting charged and destroyed but he can go round the back and cause trouble later. Amber Spear maybe? Both sides have little units that can score VP's I guess new Zombie units possibly. Vamps might have trouble halting the Bestigor on the BM left.
RE.Lee

#1191 Post by RE.Lee »

Sword of Antiheroes was mostly to counter the Vamp Lord - the cheapest way to get +1A/+1S and I figured I could handle the rank-and-file without any support. The Fencers Blades were mostly to fight any Ethereals (so useless, really).

The Undead did have a Scroll initially, but my opponent forgot he couldn't take two Arcane Items so decided to drop that instead of the Periapt.

My plan was to form a spearhead with the big units and slip through with the chaff (Razorgor mostly) into the enemy zone.

Turn 1:

I move up as quickly as possible down the center. On the right flank I'm afraid of the Vargheist so wait for their move mostly.
Magic seems solid, but I then fail to wound with my Amber Spear and only kill one Grave Guard with Flock of Doom.

Dire Wolves and Vargheists move into position to charge in the north. Zombies wheel to block my Gors. The Terrorgheist flies to the flank of my Bestigor and screams off 5 of them.
In the magic phase I burn my Scroll to stop the Rod of Flaming Death (what a horrible, horrible item!) aimed at the Bestigors.

cheers, Lee

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#1192 Post by SpellArcher »

RE.Lee wrote:I then fail to wound with my Amber Spear
:(

I once took out a Daemon Prince with this turn one. 5v4 phase, easy cast, no scroll (Daemons) wound on a 2, rolled the requisite 4+, failed Ward, dead DP. You had good odds of doing serious damage here.
RE.Lee wrote:The Terrorgheist flies to the flank of my Bestigor and screams off 5 of them.
Could have been worse.
RE.Lee wrote:In the magic phase I burn my Scroll to stop the Rod of Flaming Death (what a horrible, horrible item!) aimed at the Bestigors.
I'd have been tempted to hang onto the scroll but it's a tricky decision.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#1193 Post by Prince of Spires »

What does the Rod of Flaming Death do (more specifically then causing flaming death that is)?

Not much to say yet. Could go either way. You were a bit unlucky in your magic phase. But that's the nature of magic a bit and could easily change. That Terrorgeist could cause a lot of terror in your flank if left unchecked.

Rod

Check out my plog

RE.Lee

#1194 Post by RE.Lee »

Rod of Flaming Death is a fireball with an 18" range, that causes a panic test if the target suffers any wounds. The worst part is that it also causes a S4 hit to every model in the unit if it moves until the end of the casters next magic phase. So pretty much Fulminating Flame Cage but with a shorter range. Crazy powerful IMO.

Turn 2:

I charge with my smaller Gor unit, into the Zombies. I figure I'll grind them down with relative ease and they're a great target for my Jagged Dagger-wielding Bray-Shaman! The bigger Gors and Bestigors approach carefully. Shaggoth moves towards the Vargheists, hoping for the best.
I cast Wildform on the big Gor unit, as a deterrent. It goes off on IF, but little damage is done (a wound on each of my casters).
Ungors kill 2 Dire Wolves.
The Gors slaughter the Zombies, but around 20 are left standing. I'm sure they'll be returning shortly.

Dire wolves charge my Dogs in the south and Ungors in the north. The Vargheists charge the other Ungors - I flee, they fail the charge and are left in front of the Shaggoth. The Vampire Lord tries to charge the Chariot, but I also flee and he is left in front of my main combat blocks. The Terrorgheist charges the flank of the Bestigors, while Grave Guards and Skeletons move to block the Beastlord's unit.
Magic boosts the Zombies mostly.
Terrorgheist scream fails to kill any Bestigors. Relief. The monster kills some in combat - I respond with 3 wounds of my own. This should go my way. Wolves kill both my Dogs and Ungors. The Gors keep grinding down the Zombies, I get even more Power Dice with the Jagged Dagger.

cheers, Lee

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#1195 Post by SpellArcher »

RE.Lee wrote:The Vampire Lord tries to charge the Chariot, but I also flee and he is left in front of my main combat blocks.
Amber Spear?
RE.Lee wrote:The Terrorgheist charges the flank of the Bestigors
This is risky, TG's can be fragile.
RE.Lee

#1196 Post by RE.Lee »

My Bray-Shamans were both stuck with the Zombies so Amber Spear was not an option, unfortunately. The Terrorgheist was in for a very bad time, though :twisted:

Turn 3:

Shaggoth charges the Vargheists. Big Gors charge both the Grave Guards and Skeletons. Two Razorgor charge the Dire Wolves in the south.
Magic phase - I boost myself with Wildform but also FORGET to dispel the Curse of Years (which, I forgot to mention, was cast last turn on the Beastlord's retinue), so several Gors die to that. Stupid mistake...
The Shaggoth kills a Vargheist but loses 4 wounds and is unlikely to survive much longer. Razorgors deal with the Dire Wolves, but lose a wound each (!). Still, they're through.
In the big fight Krell challenges and I accept with my Champion, who is torn to pieces. The Beastlord, BSB and Gors kill several opponents (15ish?), some Gors die but I win the combat easily crubling some more Undead. I am down to two ranks though. The smaller Gor unit beats the Zombies again but TWO are left after crumbling, so I'm still stuck. Bestigors finish off the Terrorgheist with ease and reform to face the Vampire.

The Vampire Lord charges the Bestigors. The Ghouls join the Vargheists in their fight against the Shaggoth.
The Necromancer boosts surrounding troops with Hellish Vigor, Vigor Mortis and Nehek, while I'm forced to dispel the Curse of Years before it kills me. Again, stupid, stupid mistake!
My small Gors finish off the Zombies (despite a lot of them getting summoned back in the meanwhile). The Vargheists slay the Shaggoth before the Ghouls get to strike. The Vampire Lord kills 4 Bestigors, I fail to wound and lose the combat. I hold but I'm no longer frenzied.
Krell challenges the Beastlord. We both have Initiative 5 and magic canceled out his ASL so we strike simultaneously. We roll for the Beastlord first and I cause 5 wounds, for an easy kill. The former Chaos Champion gets to re-roll to wound, so I'm concerned about Killing Blow - he hits with 3 attacks, one of which is a natural "6". O-oh. I get my ward save... and I roll a "6"! The other 2 attack are no joke either however, as the are Multiple Wounds D3 - I roll my armour save first though its down to 6+... and its two "6s"! I still had a ward save but the challenge really went my way! :D Krell is down and my BSB and Gors kill some more opponents. The undead however, boosted by dark magic, drag down the reminder of my unit. Its just the General/BSB left - can they hold out?

cheers, Lee

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#1197 Post by Prince of Spires »

RE.Lee wrote:Its just the General/BSB left - can they hold out?
Major cliffhanger! 8)

Things seem to be going your way. You've taken down a lot of his more mobile stuff and hurting him here and there. Taking down Krell was a nice bonus. A bit lucky perhaps, but it should help in the rest of the battle to have him out of your way.

Let's see how it continues.

Rod

Check out my plog

RE.Lee

#1198 Post by RE.Lee »

Turn 4:

I charge the Vampire Lord with one of my Razorgors, while the other two slip in behind him, ready to score points or aid the combat next turn. My Warhounds move to safety behind the forest. Gors march towards the Ghouls, while Chariot moves up as well.
I have a load of dice but little to do with them, so I cast Wildform twice on my Gors for a nice S5/T6 unit with 3 attacks per model.
Combat is a disaster. The Vampire Lord kills another 5 of my Bestigors, who hold but are most definitely on the ropes. Then the Wight King KBs my BSB, then the Grave Guards chop down my Beastlord! :cry: Somewhat anticlimactic perhaps, but he had it coming, with all the Killing Blows that were aimed his way (with re-rolls to wound, too). So, both the remaining Grave Guards and Skeletons are free to help elsewhere.

The Grave Guards charge the back of my Gors. Skeletons and Corpse Cart try and charge my Razorgor, I flee.
Magic does little.
The Grave Guards chop up some of my guys, while I kill some in return. Due to being charged in the rear I lose the combat by 1, not having the general/BSB around means I flee through the Ghouls. Vampire Lord finished off the Bestigors. Not good.

Turn 5 and beyond (so 6, basically)

We try and place our chaff into scoring positions. I rally with on Piggy and my Gors (forgot they needed Insane Courage) - I go for Amber Spear on the Vargheist, but get dispelled. I crucially fail to rally with my Razorgor in the enemy zone

Scoring:
Vampire Counts: Dire Wolves and Vargheists - 2VP each; Ghouls and Grave Guards - 1VP each; total - 6VP
Beastmen: Warhounds - 2VP each; Chariot, Gors and Razorgor - 1VP each, total - 5VP

So, a close defeat but a defeat nonetheless. Losing the Beastlord/BSB wasn't really a big deal. Not being to protect the Razorgors in the enemy zone was what lost me the game. That and not being able to land Amber Spears on those pesky Vargheists! Still, I did better than what you'd expect looking at the battlefield in the last turn, as my aggressive tactics meant a good deal of my stuff was near the enemy zone.

Hope you enjoyed the report! Let me know your thoughts on the game and the scenario :)
cheers, Lee

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#1199 Post by Prince of Spires »

RE.Lee wrote: Hope you enjoyed the report!
I enjoyed reading it a lot.

Your army sort of melted away over the last three turns of the game. I think it shows the grinding power of a VC list. If you don't break through them fast they just keep sticking around. And then they have some very strong models who can swing a combat their way if you let them.

The scenario seemed to work allright. The problem these kinds of scenarios have is that often it's a better tactic to simply try and wipe out your opponent then to worry about scoring points. After all, if the enemy army is gone, they can't score points either. But even though you got a serious pounding, because you were more aggressive you ended up with almost as many scoring units as your opponent and it basically came down to a few dice rolls at the end. So the scenario seems to work well.

Rod

Check out my plog

RE.Lee

#1200 Post by RE.Lee »

Cheers! I think limiting the battle to 5 turns would perhaps make sense - grinding down the enemy would be even less of an option. But then spamming chaff would probably win you the day. I considered scoring for amount of points in particular zones but that could lead to a character deathstar just crashing though. Maybe minimal points size for scoring units? The scenario still worked very, though.

Next Wednesday I'm finally going to fight the Tilea battle (different opponent though), so Skaven vs HE/WE. I'll save Thanquol for Nuln and will run 2 Seers for this one. Still thinking about details of the list.

I've been painting some more, too. Here's the Tuskgor Chariot finished:

cheers, Lee