RE.Lee's "Record of Lost Colonies"

This forum is for the posting of reports of your famous victories and crushing defeats. It is for both single battle reports and for ongoing army diaries/blogs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

RE.Lee

Re: RE.Lee's "Record of Lost Colonies" - HE return!

#691 Post by RE.Lee »

Winter indeed :)

Deployment:

Turn 1:
The forces of Chaos advance aggressively (no surprise here!). The Sorcerer Lord manages to cast the Plague of Rust on my Demigryphs.

I try to block the incoming cavalry on the northern flank with my Halberdiers. My magic phase is uneventful, as if, unfortunately, my shooting phase - the Hellblaster misfires twice and I only kill a single Chaos Knight.

Turn 2:
The Warhounds charge my Handgunners and the Chaos Knights charge my Halberdiers - they needed a 10 to get into combat, so I was hoping to get one more turn of shooting. The Handgunners managed to fight off their assailants but the Halberdiers were obviously butchered. I did hold on steadfast.

I counter charge the Chaos Warriors with my Demis, but they bounce back. I try to aid the the Halberdiers with Wildform, but I fail and the unit suffers more casualties. Meanwhile the Handgunners chase off the remaining Warhounds and the Pistoliers wipe out the Marauder Horsemen.

Turn 3:
The Warriors join the grind in the middle. The Sorcerer Lord decided to cast Final Trans agains the Pistoliers just for fun, but suffers a miscast that turns out to be, of course, a Cascade :) His head explodes and he takes the remaining Knights and some 6 Warriors with him. The halberdiers lose just a few men but it doesn't change the outcome of the battle - its a Chaos win!

Last edited by RE.Lee on Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#692 Post by Prince of Spires »

Fixed the images for you.

Looks like a fun battle. Like often in small games a few events were crucial in the game. The bad first shooting phase and the non-existence of the second shooting phase meant that the empire was on the back foot. Some magic then did the rest. A great game to reengage someone who has been out of the game for a while. It did have everything that makes a WH game fun.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
RE.Lee

#693 Post by RE.Lee »

Thanks, Prince!

My cousin did enjoy himself quite a lot and pledged to return soon (he did leave his army at my place, so I can no field up to 6k points of WoC :twisted: ).

I was really counting on that shooting phase but my dice failed me - turn 2 I targeted the Chariot, as the Warriors were hidden behind my own halberdiers. Another misfire happened and I was out of range of the Engineer, so only 2 wounds were dealt. I should have played the Demigryphs closer to the infantry horde for a little hammer-and-anvil, with the Pistoliers refusing the other flank. My cousin did play well and, honestly, Chaos tactics don't differ that much between editions ;)

Expect to see some more Chaos soon - the mounted Archaon model he brought is simply outstanding!
cheers, Lee

SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: RE.Lee's "Record of Lost Colonies" - detour into Chaos

#694 Post by SpellArcher »

Yeah, a little unlucky I think with the poor shooting and the Knights getting straight in, though rolling a 10 is a decent shout with Swiftstride. Would deploying the shooters slightly further back have helped at all?
RE.Lee wrote:His head explodes
Classic late-game mistake, lucky it didn't hurt more!
RE.Lee wrote:I should have played the Demigryphs closer to the infantry horde for a little hammer-and-anvil, with the Pistoliers refusing the other flank.
I wonder about trying to match-up the Horde against the Warriors. Maybe also the Demis against the Knights, though the BSB probably tips this in Chaos' favour. You also lacked redirectors here.
RE.Lee wrote:Chaos tactics don't differ that much between editions
From Forces of Fantasy, the army lists to 1st edition:

"Carefully calculate the enemy's strongest troops. Move towards them, charge and beat them to death. Then hammer the rest of the army. Then jump up and down on the corpses."

:)
RE.Lee

#695 Post by RE.Lee »

Sounds about right! :lol:

Meanwhile, I've finished painting the Garden of Morr! Now I can try and model those pumpkins I was thinking about for the Halloween battle. Here's a shot of random dude (Chaos Dwarf?) by one of the cemetary walls ;)

cheers, Lee

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#696 Post by SpellArcher »

The tournament I'm playing on Sunday really encourages us to bring nice terrain. You'd be in your element RE!
RE.Lee wrote:random dude
Characterful chap!
RE.Lee

#697 Post by RE.Lee »

Already nicknamed "Danny de Vito" :lol:

Nothing immerses one into the battle like a nice set of terrain, hopefully people in the tournament will be up for the task! :)

My first battle with Chaos starting in half an hour :D
cheers, Lee

RE.Lee

#698 Post by RE.Lee »

Battle done!

My list:
Daemon Prince, flight, soulfeeder, Nurgle, Death lvl 1, Charmed Shield (that I forgot to use)
Sorcerer Lord, lvl 4 Shadow
BSB, Nurgle, Halberd, Scaly Skin
Mounted Exalted Champion

17 Chaos Warriors, Nurgle, command, halberds, shields, Swiftness
17 Chaos Warriors, Nurgle, command, shields
2x5 Marauder Horsemen with various gear

10 Chosen, Nurgle, they got a 6++ save
Gorebeast Chariot
5 Chaos Knights, Nurgle, Lances, command
4 Ogres, thw, Nurgle
Hellcannon

Dwarfs:
Lord on shieldbearers
2x Runesmith
BSB
Engineer

40 Longbeards
14 Thunderers
20 Slayers
28 Hammerers
10 Irondrakes
2x Cannon
2x Organ Gun
2x Gyrocopter

Deployment:
cheers, Lee

RE.Lee

#699 Post by RE.Lee »

Turn 1:
Dwarfs stay put. Shooting destroys the Hellcannon and some Marauder Horsemen, but both respawn.

My army advances at full speed. I burn a scroll.

Turn 2:
Slayers charge my Daemon Prince and learn that its not your typical monster. About half the Dwarfs meet a glorious death. Shooting drops some Chaos Knights and puts 2 wounds on the Ogres.

My Gorebeast Chariot charges the Slayers and unit is destroyed. The Chaos Knights assault the Thunderers, but the Dwarfs are protected by an entrenchment and I fail to break them. Ogres and Warriors keep on advancing. The Hellcannon lands a perfect shot on the Hammerers, killing about 7.

Turn 3:
Hammerers charge my Ogres, kill all but one and overrun onto my Marauder Horsemen. Both cannonshots drop short of my Daemon Prince (my opponent rolled four 2s in a row!). The Thunderers keep on fighting the Chaos Knights

The Daemon, the Gorebeast Chariot and the Chaos Warriors with Halberds charge the Longbeards, its a massacre but the Dwarfs hold despite Ld 7 (I cast Doom&Darkness on them). The Chaos Knight continue to clash with the Thunderers. The southern Warriors reform to face the Hammerers.

Turn 4:
The Hammerers pull back from the Warriors, as shooting decimated my unit. Only a few are left standing but I do have my BSB there. The big combat at the foot of the hill is over as I break and run down the Longbeards along with their Lord. The Gorebeast Chariot, Daemon Prince overrun into nearby war machines. The Chaos Knights again fail to break the Thunderers.

I finish off the warmachines on the hill and the Daemon Prince moves to help in the south. The mounted Exalted Champion in the middle was respawned earlier and I now move him to catch the Gyrocopters in the south. The other Warrior unit charges the Hammerers, and is joined my a lone Ogre. I win, but only my BSB and the Ogre remain. The Hellcannon drops Gyrocopter with another perfect shot!

Turn 5:
The last Gyrocopter hides behind the wood, while a Runesmith (who left his Hammerer bodyguards earlier on) runs towards the tower in the middle. I finally wipe out the Thunderers with my Chaos Knights and so the resistance in the north is broken.

I kill the Organ Gun crew, the last bit of Dwarf on the hill. I also finish off the Hammerers, but still need to get the Gyrocopter, the Irondrakes and the Runesmith. I drop the first of these with my Hellcannon (MVP!), and charge the Drakes in the tower with my Daemon Prince, but the brave Dwarfs fight off the winged horror!

Turn 6:
The Drakes continue shooting at my Daemon Prince (damn Quick to Fire!) and finally slay him with the Melta Guns. The Runesmith continues his escape.

I drop a Pit of Shades on the Irondrakes and kill a couple, but their command group survives, along with the nearby Smith. Although only 4 Dwarfs are left alive its enough for my opponent to secure a victory!

Last edited by RE.Lee on Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheers, Lee

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#700 Post by SpellArcher »

Going to write this as I go!

I'd have been tempted by a Lore with magic missiles, to bring down those Gyros. The DP could have been built somewhat stronger. Deployment looks pretty sensible, Dwarfs castled up nicely. But is there a route over that side wall for the cavalry maybe? I guess the Dwarfs may actually want to whittle down your units without actually destroying them?

Good to get through the Slayers quickly. Warriors into combat turn 3 is promising.
RE.Lee wrote:The big combat at the foot of the hill is over as I break and run down the Longbeards along with their Lord. The Gorebeast Chariot, Daemon Prince overrun into nearby war machines.
A breakthrough!

Nice shooting to bag the Gyrocopter! And again! But a few Dwarfs make it to the end. Close! Any way you could've played it better do you think?
RE.Lee

#701 Post by RE.Lee »

Thanks for the comments!

As you mentioned the choice of magic was something I would have definitely done differently. I had total domination in that phase for the last 3 turns pretty much and no spells to cast! I took Shadows tempted by its anti-initiative spells, deadly against the Stunties but I badly needed magic missiles throughout the game. Too bad Chaos doesn't have access to lore of Heavens ;)

Perhaps Lore of Tzeentch would have been a good choice? The Bolt of Change seems like an excellent tool against Gyrocopters.
cheers, Lee

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#702 Post by SpellArcher »

Yes RE, I think so. As you know I'm quite familiar with the Lore by now. Bolt is solid and Gateway is awesome. The issue with the Lore is a lack of buffs and hexes but without much shooting, ranged damge spells are usually more important. Treason also looks effective vs Dwarfs, to rob them of BSB re-roll.
RE.Lee

#703 Post by RE.Lee »

The Halloween battle is getting closer and I've finished my Jack-o-Lantern objective marker.

I've also made some rules for the scenario, keeping familiar objectives from the latest battles.
We'll be fighting over 5 points:
1) [F]rodo Kruger - the creepy dude from my Garden of Morr picture - he can be picked up in a forest by a non-flying unit and causes D3 S4 hits to any troops carrying him. Whoever holds him at the end of the battle gets a point.
2) [P]umpkins - as seen above - they can be picked up in a forest by a non-flying unit and cause a -1M penalty to any troops carrying them. Whoever holds them at the end of the battle gets a point.
3) [W]raith/Apophas - as previously he keeps on scattering round the field, causing 3D6-Ld wounds (no armour saves allowed) to the nearest unit. He's T4 with a 4+ ward save and unlimited wounds. Whoever causes the most wounds to him throughout the battle gets a point.
4 and 5) A [C]hapel and a [T]emple of Chaos (both acting as 1 level buildings) - whoever controls them at the end of the game gets a point (for each).

A unit cannot enter a building with either Frodo or the Pumkins.

The battlefield will look something like:

------------------------------
-------C---------------------
--F---------W-----------P---
--------------------T---------
------------------------------

Frodo and Pumpkins in forests, bits of the Garden of Morr scattered throughout the field.

The armies will be Dwarfs/Empire vs Chaos/Skaven (lists are in the making)

What do you think?
Last edited by RE.Lee on Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheers, Lee

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#704 Post by Prince of Spires »

Nice. Setting up to be a great and themed game :) I love the pumpkin marker.

Only thing I'm wondering about is the Wraith doing wounds that allow ward saves. It depends a bit on what armies you're playing of course. And it could be my unfamiliarity with WoC, but don't they have more easy access to ward saves then other races? If that's the case then allowing ward saves could unbalance the rules for him a bit, give some unfair advantage to one side.

Other then that I would love to play in that setting (actually, even with that minor thing I would love to play in that setting...).

Rod

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#705 Post by SpellArcher »

RE.Lee wrote:What do you think?
I think it looks typically like one of your slightly chaotic but fun scenarios RE!

Prince of Spires wrote:Only thing I'm wondering about is the Wraith doing wounds that allow ward saves. It depends a bit on what armies you're playing of course. And it could be my unfamiliarity with WoC, but don't they have more easy access to ward saves then other races? If that's the case then allowing ward saves could unbalance the rules for him a bit, give some unfair advantage to one side.
They do have some, especially on the characters. But the units rely much more on their armour, so the Wraith could really hurt them. I had a game with a similar mechanism once and it was brutal for them. Now Daemons on the other hand...

:twisted:

And...that pumpkin marker is just awesome!
RE.Lee

#706 Post by RE.Lee »

Thanks guys! Didn't really think about balancing the Wraith against Ward Saves - it seemed logical that magical saves would prove useful against the supernatural :) I guess if you go all-out Tzeentch you'd get some 6++, while the Disc-rider Champion could be useful as well but they will not be seen on Saturday ;)

The Chaos list so far looks like this:
Wizard Level 4, Metal, Dispel Scroll, Ironcurse Icon, Sword of Might
BSB, OTS, Dragonhelm, Scaled Skin
20 Warriors, BoSwiftness
5 Marauder Horsemen
3 Crushers (if I manage to assemble them)
6 Chaos Knights
Gorebeast Chariot

...so not a single Ward Save (apart from the Icon) in sight :lol: I guess the Dwarfs might actually have the most Ward Saves with Grungni and the Troll Slayers (who have been house ruled to get a 6++).

Meanwhile, I've finished painting the Outriders:

Not the most pleasant miniatures to work with (as you might recall they're a kit bash using Bret Knights), but I'm quite happy with the outcome. They look like a unit of heavy cavalry now - pretty intimidating!
cheers, Lee

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#707 Post by SpellArcher »

RE.Lee wrote:The Chaos list so far looks like this:
Wizard Level 4, Metal, Dispel Scroll, Ironcurse Icon, Sword of Might
BSB, OTS, Dragonhelm, Scaled Skin
20 Warriors, BoSwiftness
5 Marauder Horsemen
3 Crushers (if I manage to assemble them)
6 Chaos Knights
Gorebeast Chariot
Pleasingly direct!

RE.Lee wrote:They look like a unit of heavy cavalry now
Hefty chaps, aren't they?
RE.Lee

#708 Post by RE.Lee »

RE.Lee wrote:3 Crushers (if I manage to assemble them)
One baby-nap later:

Shit got real :twisted:
cheers, Lee

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#709 Post by Prince of Spires »

RE.Lee wrote: Shit got real :twisted:
They're pretty bad-ass :) Though perhaps the most impressive thing is that you managed to get hobby stuff done during a baby nap ;)

Great outriders. Very thematic and I like the individuality of each model.

Rod

Check out my plog

RE.Lee

#710 Post by RE.Lee »

I'm thinking about going for a 30k World Eaters look, with plenty of gore on some creamy-white surfaces. Could be pretty nice, and be something else than a standard, red&brass Khorne style. It'll take another baby nap before I get there, though :wink:

Meanwhile, my Skaven list for the weekend:
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell, Earthing Rod, Skalm
BSB, Storm Banner
39 Stormvermin, Razor Banner, Warpfire Thrower
2x40 Slaves
2x6 Gutter Runners, with poisoned slings
Doomwheel

Not a lot of models, but the field is likely to be crowded already. The Bell and Storm Banner should keep any Dwarf/Empire shooting honest, with the Gutter Runners keep to take care of anything still willing to cause problems. The Slaves tie up stuff, as usual, and I hope I can get at least one Warpfire Thrower shot into such a combat. The weapon teams can move and fire, as per our house rules. The Stormvermin should mop up stuff ok, while the Doomwheel aims for the Wraith perhaps? :lol:
cheers, Lee

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#711 Post by SpellArcher »

RE.Lee wrote:Shit got real :twisted:
The great thing about Crushers is that they amp things up and encorage the 'A' game.
RE.Lee wrote:Screaming Bell, Earthing Rod, Skalm
That is a Seer who intends to not die!
RE.Lee wrote:Storm Banner
Solid. Gold.
RE.Lee wrote:Doomwheel aims for the Wraith perhaps?
Or Demis?
RE.Lee

#712 Post by RE.Lee »

Another friend decided to join us, with Vampire Counts under his command. We decided to up the point values to 3600 per side, so Chaos/Skaven/Vamps will be getting 1200p each, while Dwarfs/Empire will get 1800.

This means I have to drop the Bell and I was counting on it causing mayhem throughout the battlefield so much!
SpellArcher wrote:
RE.Lee wrote:Doomwheel aims for the Wraith perhaps?
Or Demis?
You're right! Those multiple wounds and so save should do great against them. Now if I can only keep it alive...
The Chaos Warriors lose the Chaos Knights and the Level 4 is downgraded to a level 2.

Not sure what the Undead will be bringing, though I'm pretty sure Vargheists and Hexwraiths are involved :) I'm hoping my friend will bring his Terrorgheist, too. Don't know how he would fit all that in 1200 points, though :lol:
cheers, Lee

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#713 Post by SpellArcher »

RE.Lee wrote:This means I have to drop the Bell and I was counting on it causing mayhem throughout the battlefield so much!
Sad times eh?

:(
RE.Lee wrote:I'm pretty sure Vargheists and Hexwraiths are involved
Best matched up against the Empire rather than Dwarfs, no?
RE.Lee

#714 Post by RE.Lee »

Battle done and what a game it was!

Here's a quick teaser, I'll try to get the report in soon:

Last edited by RE.Lee on Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheers, Lee

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#715 Post by SpellArcher »

Wow, looks great!

RE.Lee

#716 Post by RE.Lee »

Thanks! My friend brought that tower, and it was really well painted. With those Irondrakes claiming it (spoilers I guess ;) it was a great photo opportunity.

Ok, the lists:

Skaven:
Grey Seer, Earthing Rod
BSB, Storm Banner
33 Stormvermin, command, shields, Razor Banner
2x35 Slaves, musicians
6 Gutter Runners, poisoned slings
Doomwheel

Chaos:
Sorcerer, Lore of Metal, Ironcurse Icon, Dispel Scroll
BSB, Other Tricksters Shard, Dragonhelm, Scaled Skin
19 Chaos Warriors, command, Banner of Swiftness
5 Marauder Horsemen, spears, thrownig axes
Gorebeast Chariot
3 Skullcrushers, command, Banner of Rage

Vampires:
Vampire Lord, mounted, Obsidian Blade
Necromancer, lvl2, master of the dead, book of arkhan, power stone
9 black knights, command, banner of the barrows
3 Vargheists
40 Zombies
30 Skeletons, command, screaming banner

Empire:
Wizard Lord, Lore of Heavens, Dispel Scroll
Master Engineer
Mounted BSB, Ironcurse Icon
Warrior Priest, Other Trickster's Shard, warhorse
13 IC Knights, command
2x12 Handgunners, command
5 Outriders, barding
3 Demigryphs, champion
Hellblaster
Steam Tank

Dwarfs:
Runesmith, rune of spellbraking, ring of Thori, shield
BSB, Grungni, shield,
30 Longbeards, command, rune of stoicism,
22 Hammerers, Valaya, command,
10 Irondrakes, command,
Cannon, rune of forging,
Organ Gun, rune of accuracy
2x Gyrocopter

Deployment:

Spells:
Seer: Skitterleap, Warpgale, Scorch, 13th
Sorcerer: Searing Doom, Plague of Rust
Necromancer: Curse of Years, Nehek
Vamp: Nehek

Wizard: Iceshard Blizzard, Comet, Chain Lighting, Windblast

The Conclave of Light pretty much refused the northern flank - luckily the undead placed there had some fast assault units ready to turn that side of the field (the Black Knight Bus/Vargheists), while the slow zombies/skellies could secure the 2 objectives placed on that side.

In the middle things were interesting as some Imperial heavy hitters (IC bus, Stank) were opposed mostly by slaves. The Skaven did have some hitting power there, however, in the form of the Doomwheel and Stormvermin. One can nevern understimate the power of a Grey Seer, too, but the threat of his 13th spell was diminished by the fact there were few viable targets.

The southern flank was were most of the good guys were concentrated. They were faced by our Chaos Warriors - tough as nails, but very much out-gunned in the neighbourhood. Should they rush in and start grinding right away or wait for some reinforcements from other regions of the field?

It seemed both forces decided to secure 2 objectives on opposite flanks, so unless one side could fold a flank entirely the Wraith might be the key here. Putting damage on it would be crucial but perhaps that potential could be better spent mauling the enemy troops?

Comments are very welcome :)
Last edited by RE.Lee on Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheers, Lee

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#717 Post by SpellArcher »

Evil seems to have stronger magic, though Good has brought double 'scroll'. Good has the guns of course. So the Undead push forwards in the North and then it'll be interesting to see which way the Empire bus goes. I'd have been tempted to have those Gutter Runners pop up behind the artillery, though I guess the Helblaster would hurt.
RE.Lee

#718 Post by RE.Lee »

Turn 1:
The Wraith moves towards the IC Knights... and kills 5! The forces of light cautiously move forward, with only the blips advancing more, to hide behind the temple of skulls. In the magic phase a Comet is cast some 8" in front of the Chaos line. Shooting kills the Gutter Runners and puts some wounds on the Doomwheel, Marauder Horsemen and the Wraith.

The wraith again moves in the vicinity of the Empire Knights and this time slays...7! The Undead advance somewhat, but the big hordes of zombies and skeletons get in each others way and block the Black Knight bus, too! The Skaven are surprisingly more organized and move at full speed towards the weakened Empire center. The Chaos Warriors hold back, afraid of the masses of Dwarf infantry. Magic and shooting do nothing.

Turn 2:
Wraith does nothing this time.
The entire south flank advances at full speed. The Steam Tank tries to charge the Doomwheel but fails by an inch! Handgunners charge the Vargheists, lose the combat and break, but manage to outrun the beasts!
Skaven use the Storm Banner and so shooting does little. The comet drops but does nothing, another is immediately cast, just in front of the Chaos units.

Wraith finishes off the IC Knights, along with the BSB and Warrior Priest in the unit - what a blow!
The Chaos Warriors charge the Longbeards and get beat up, but hold. The Gorebeast Chariot charges Hammerers and deals several casualties. The Skullcrushers fail to assault the Demigryphs.

Turn 3:
Wraith moves towards Slaves and fails to wound them.
The Hangunners in the north rally and turn to face the Black Knights. Demigryps fail to charge the Crushers.
Shooting puts some wounds on the Crushers. The Comet drops again and deals some wounds to the Warriors of Chaos, who then get beat up by the Longbeards once again. They break and are run down, while the Gorebeast Chariot is also destroyed nearby.

Wraith finished off the Steam Tank.
The Undead start swinging around in the north. In the middle the Skaven start clearing up and also manage to land a perfect Warpfire Thrower shot on the Hammerers, killing almost 10! The Crushers charge the Demigryphs, but fail badly.

Were halfway there! What do you guys think so far? Objectives are split 50:50 so far, with the forces of light having a slight advantage regarding the damage done to the Wraith.
Last edited by RE.Lee on Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheers, Lee

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#719 Post by SpellArcher »

RE.Lee wrote:The Chaos Warriors hold back, afraid of the masses of Dwarf infantry.
Oh the shame of it!
RE.Lee wrote:The Steam Tank tries to charge the Doomwheel but fails by an inch!
Nice!
RE.Lee wrote: Wraith finishes off the IC Knights, along with the BSB and Warrior Priest in the unit - what a blow!
RE.Lee wrote:Wraith finished off the Steam Tank.
How rude!
RE.Lee wrote:Warriors of Chaos, who then get beat up by the Longbeards once again. They break and are run down, while the Gorebeast Chariot is also destroyed nearby.
As Andy Chambers once said, "Sometimes you just can't get the minions."
RE.Lee wrote:What do you guys think so far?
Well, Chaos has pretty much ceased to exist but the Undead are on the march. I also suspect the Skaven of more naughtiness!

RE.Lee

#720 Post by RE.Lee »

Yup, the Chaos Warriors really took a beating, especially considering they held back for some time. Failing that first Crusher charge against the Demigryphs hurt - with the unit still intact they had a chance to break through into the soft underbelly of the enemy - those Handgunners protecting the Wizard Lord looked so juicy!

Turn 4:
Wraith moves towards the center and does no damage.
The units in the south reshuffle - the remaining Hammerers move to intercept the Slaves, while the Demigryphs slay the last Crusher.
The Hellblaster finishes off the Vargheists.

Wraith moves in front of the Black Knight Bus (how convenient!) and kills the last Gyrocopter (even more convenient!).
The Bus charges the Wraith and causes a couple of wounds, making in 6:5 at this point. The Slaves charge the Hammerers, kill one and lose 7 or 8 (a fair trade!). The other Slave unit keeps on trying to slay the Cannon crew, but those Dwarfs are just too tough.

Turn 5:
The forces of good throw everything at the Wraith, but most of the stuff is out of range - even the Hellblaster is forced to advance, hoping for a shot next turn. The Irondrakes leave the tower to take on the Stormvermin, while the Handgunners take their place. The Slaves kill the Cannon crew.

The Bus once again charges the Wraith and causes 2 more wounds (that Vampire is a beast!). The zombie/skeleton hordes continue advancing. The Slaves charge and kill the Hellblaster crew.

Turn 6:
The Empire and Dwarf units fire everything they've got against the Wraith but only manage one wound, despite even the Wizard Lord suffering a miscast Chain Lightning and blowing up most of his handgunner bodyguards (luckily they didn't flee and lose the objective!).

Confident in victory, the forces of evil just shuffle around (though the Wraith kills about a half of the Black Knights with another lucky scream).

The Evil Alliance held on to the hill and the pumpkins, while the Order faction managed to keep Frodo and the Tower despite the (feable) efforts made by the Skaven. As expected it was the Wraith who was the most contested objective, with the good guys failing to protect the early advantage they got from shooting (5 wounds during the first 3 turns). The Vampire Lord was on fire (they don't call him the blender lord for nothing!) and in the end the Evil Alliance won the this objective 8:6 and the entire battle 3:2!
Last edited by RE.Lee on Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheers, Lee