Welcome to the Battle Reports Forum

This forum is for the posting of reports of your famous victories and crushing defeats. It is for both single battle reports and for ongoing army diaries/blogs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Anarion
The White Lion

Welcome to the Battle Reports Forum

#1 Post by Anarion »

Welcome to the Asur.org Battle Report forum!

What is this forum about?

This forum is where you can go to post Battle Reports, no matter what race or ruleset they may be.

Rules, requirements and requests
  • 1. When venturing through these forums, always remember that this site is for a game. Treat it as such when posting, but also when reading other posts. This means that there is to be no flaming or trolling of other people. If you feel that you are being flamed or insulted in some manner, then use the Report Post feature (the little ! in the top right hand corner of the offending post), and one of the Loremasters will intervene if necessary.

2. Make sure the title of your post clearly reflects the content. A good title covers at least the type of thread (discussion, list, battle report) and the subject of the thread. ?High Elves against Goblins: Why did I lose?? is a good title, while ?I lost? is not.

3. Don?t post any rules. It?s illegal and gets us into trouble. Don?t tell anyone where to get them, either.

4. When responding to a Battle Report, ensure that the advice you give is clear, concise and most importantly reasoned. Doing otherwise will hinder moreso than it will help. Posts that don't follow this guideline will likely be marked as lazy and thoughtless (deletion may follow soon after) - if you're not willing to expand and explain your reasoning, then don't give the advice in the first place, because you can't expect the person you're addressing to be capable of reading your mind.

5. With reference to the point about advice being clear and concise, ensure that you use a modicum of proper grammar and spelling. This way, your posts will be easier to understand and thus assist others in giving advice and opinions on how you performed against your opponent.

6. In relation to point #5, do not attempt to reprimand or otherwise derail a thread by calling into question the spelling and grammar of posters. If you think that the post in question is bad enough that it is difficult to understand, then report it. However, also note that this is not an excuse to post like you are a five year old child.

7. In posting a Battle Report, ensure that you give as much detail on the events as is possible. Some people prefer story-form reports, while others prefer purely factual accounts. Neither option is inherently any better than the other, so if you don't like the format, then nobody will force you to read it if you don't want to. In the same vein, however, regardless of which form you use, give as much detail as possible. Pictures and diagrams aren't required, though they will assist others in understanding the course of the battle.
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#2 Post by Eldacar »

Updated.
"Hi guys, I just want to say that for some unknown reason I dreamed the entire Lore team was on my roof last night and we were barbequing a marlin while discussing some rand stuff. It was vivid enough for me that my mother had to wake me up to stop me from mumbling and twitching, believing I was having a nightmare." ~Giladis

"Think of the Loremasters as irresponsible parents. VictorK is the one you need to talk to if you want permission for something, I'm the evil parent that says 'no' and Eldacar is your grumpy grandfather who fought in some war and is scary and authoritative." ~Ruerl Khan

"And believe me, I like my websites like I like my boyfriends: wild, free, and unlikely to give me a virus." ~Sirist

[21:39:08] <Lethalis> Cenyu; I figured that with all the smoke that always seems to hang around you, you'd be used to it.
[21:39:49] <Cenyu> Bold words, flying Dutchman.