Ulthuan

Ulthuan, Home of the Asur
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:41 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:22 pm 
Green Istari

RE.Lee wrote:
What should that percentage be? What should it be for a draw?

50? 25? Very hard to say really.

RE.Lee wrote:
this guy

If someone transplanted half my hair onto my face I think I’d be unhappy!

:)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:37 am 
Auctor Aeternitatum

One of those warrior test models looks suspiciously like a Phoenix Guard model. Though of course that could just be the picture... I like them though. Nothing over the top, matching a northern warrior pretty well and still interesting.

A good percentage is hard to guess. You'll probably need to play about a 100 test games or so to find good percentages that keep the battle fair ;) Is it a 6 turn game or are there other victory conditions / ways the game can end? I think something like 30 / 60 as draw / win percentages could work. Killing of 25% of an army, especially with unlimited reinforcements (and thus no need to be careful with anything) shouldn't be too hard. That could be a single character in some cases. Or only the core units.

Another option could be to go for a "defend certain location" type of game instead of trying to kill as much as possible. I think that would change the dynamic of the battle quite a bit.

Rod

For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 166/18/104

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:03 am 

Yeah, those cut-off points are tricky and play-testing will happen when it will happen :lol:

25-30% for a draw seems low, even without reinforcements. Killing less than a third of the enemy army while sacrificing my entire force seems more than doable. I think 50% would be more of a challenge, though that also might be a low number. Last time I've played this I steamrolled most of the Dwarfs with Chaos with ease, catching the last few units was a problem. I did profile my army then, however.

I might go with 50/75% #-o

Defending objectives is also something I'd like to do. Balancing asymmetric scenarios is tricky :?

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45