High elf army for sale with price

The Trading Post for any of your Buy/Swap/Sell needs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

offfoo182

High elf army for sale with price

#1 Post by offfoo182 »

As follows.
Dragon princes 10 - (5 built painted, 5 in box)
Repeater bolt thrower - (1 built, 1 boxed)
Archers - 20 built and half painted
Spearmen 20 built and half painted
Swordmasters 17 - (10 built 7 in spruces)
Sea guard - 17 (10 built 7 in spruces)
Lion chariot - 1 built and primed
Ellryian reevers 11 (5 built, 6 in spruces)
High elf mage - (both built, 1 painted)
High elf lord (might be a hero of some mention cant remember. Built poorly painted
High elf prince on a griffen 2 (1 in spruces, 1 half built)

Looking for £150, think that sounds fair?
Last edited by offfoo182 on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

Re: Looking to sell my high elf Army

#2 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

It really depends on what exactly you've got, if you are willing to part it out, and how good/bad the painting is. If it's recent plastics that they stopped making, and they are unassembled you could expect more than the original cost. For most other things 50% would probably be the high end, but again it varies quite a bit depending on the specifics.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Looking to sell my high elf Army

#3 Post by Prince of Spires »

Pretty much what Shannar said.

I think complete armies sold as one lot only fetch a high price if it's all assembled and painted well. If you have an army that matches that description and some rare models in there, then you can expect to get more then the RRP. If not, then I think the price drops very fast. If you break it up into separate lots then it will depend on the model. Stuff still in a box that is still in production will get between 50-75% of RRP once shipping is included I think. Models still in box no longer in production will depend a bit on how popular they are but will fetch around the RRP. Rare models (think metal everqueen) will usually fetch a silly high amount. Assembled and / or painted models really depend on how well they are assembled and painted. Pro-painted models can fetch more then RRP. But then they really need to be very well put together and painted. Otherwise, expect 50% as the high point.

A good starting point is having a look around ebay what others are asking. And also ask yourself how much you would be willing to pay for a collection of models.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.