WTS: 90's "High elf army" - 2000p, NIB

The Trading Post for any of your Buy/Swap/Sell needs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

swampsheep

WTS: 90's "High elf army" - 2000p, NIB

#1 Post by swampsheep »

A friend of mine found the following while moving. He bought in the early 90's but have never really got around to assembling or painting it and realized, that it will never happen, so I'm assisting him in selling it.

Content of the box is complete (as seen on below pictures) except that army book is not included (though if it is essential, we can include this as well) and the piture on the box seems to show 10 phoenix guards, but I can only find 8 inside and they seem to come in blisters of 8. In addition, there is one additional chariot included and 40 plastic elves from the starter set, some of them assembled and painted.

I am not sure what is a proper price. The miniatures in themselves are of course worth something, but everything being collected in this nice army box must make it something of a rarity. I am thinking somewhere in the range of € 400, but any serious offers are welcome as are comments as to its value. In any case, I will entertain a few offers before selling. I am not interested in splitting it up into multiple lots.

Content is as follows:
- 10 plastic archers
- 10 plastic spearmen
- 2 x 3 elf command groups for the above
- 8 phoenix guards
- 8 swordmasters
- 5 dragon princes, including standard bearer and champion
- 6 silver helms, including standard bearer and champion
- 2 tiranoc chariots
- 1 bolt thrower
- Prince tyrion
- High elf hero on pegasus
- 2 x 5 high elf sticker banners
- 20 starter-set high elf plastic spearmen, 8 partly painted and assembled
- 20 starter-set high elf plastic archers, 8 partly painted and assembled

All content (except the extra plastic elves):

Plastic elves in box:

High elf pegasus:

Both chariots. Seems one of them has horse-bases and the other doesn't:

The phoenix guards:

The swordmasters:

2 command groups:

The banners. One has been opened (not by me) but nothing is missing:

5 dragon princes, inclding a standard bearer and a champion:

Repeating crossbow:

Prince Tyrion on Malhandir:

6 silver helms including standard bearer and champion (captain):

the 40 extra plastic elves, including the ones that are painted/assembled slightly:

Chracian

Re: WTS: 90's "High elf army" - 2000p, NIB

#2 Post by Chracian »

That's a lovely set you've got there!

I'd love to make an offer, but postage and customs to the UK would be extortionate.

In terms of price, if you went to GW this would cost about £240, or 380usd. Obviously this is replacing metal models with plastic, and guessing the price of the pegasus. I think 400usd is a fair price for a rare complete set.
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
— Terry Pratchett
swampsheep

#3 Post by swampsheep »

Thank you for the comments.

Are you're sure there will be customs? I'm living in Denmark so we're both within the EU.

Postage would be somewhere around € 60 or so a quick check shows.
Malossar
Something Cool

#4 Post by Malossar »

Are you interested in parting out the pegasus?
Ptolemy wrote:Im not above whoring myself for a good cause. ;)
Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

#5 Post by Domine Nox »

Wish I had that kind of money. I'd love some of the stuff in there, but you aren't breaking it down. :(
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48766]Nox's Painting/Modelling Log[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60529]Nox's Battle Report Log[/url]
swampsheep

#6 Post by swampsheep »

As I wrote, I am not interested in breaking it up. If it seems that I'm unable to sell it all in one go, I might reconsider, but that is some weeks off in any case.
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#7 Post by Ruerl Khan »

swampsheep wrote:Thank you for the comments.

Are you're sure there will be customs? I'm living in Denmark so we're both within the EU.

Postage would be somewhere around € 60 or so a quick check shows.
...I have to ask you, since you have that name: Is you perchance a certain dane, who also does larp, whose middle name could be interpretated as "mason man" provided that one only translated the pronounciation and not the letters, and in that case, would you perchance wear a silly red hat on your facebook page?
I love pushing around my small delicatedly painted dolls together with the rest of you.
swampsheep

#8 Post by swampsheep »

My screenname does not grant me much secrecy about my identity, really, as was never intended so you are spot on, Lars.
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#9 Post by Ruerl Khan »

@For those who knows me on this site, I can vouch for this seller. He's genuinely trustworthy.
swampsheep wrote:My screenname does not grant me much secrecy about my identity, really, as was never intended so you are spot on, Lars.
Well no, but your identity was not and is not mine to give out. Besides, i've seen plenty of other cases where I was certain it was someone I knew and I was mistaken, so curiosity got the better of me and I asked. ;)

See you sometime outside the virtual world I bet, until then, good luck with the armysale, there are some real gems in there i've not seen for a few years.
I love pushing around my small delicatedly painted dolls together with the rest of you.
swampsheep

#10 Post by swampsheep »

You're right about revealing identity, of course. But in this case - you're spot on.

Thank you for vouching for me - it is a rather expensive item I'm trying to sell and I'm not a regular at the forum, so I can understand anybody being hesitant about it.

And I'll see you in the real world sometime - if not before, then at Krigslive X I assume?
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#11 Post by Ruerl Khan »

If I can possibly afford it. Yes, I just finished my study as you know so I might actually have money for it. Perhaps i'll even be able to replace some of my gear (some of wich is only barely hanging together).