Matěj Čadil's Lotr Artwork

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Karak Norn Clansman

Matěj Čadil's Lotr Artwork

#1 Post by Karak Norn Clansman »

Matěj Čadil is a Czech artist strong with architecture, ornaments and nature. He's got some nice stuff going in his Lotr gallery on Deviantart. One thing which struck me when viewing his material was that it got the whole point of Númenor and Gondor. Sure, I know Roman history both ancient and mediaeval (Byzantine), but Middle Earth always seemed less interesting whenever there wasn't a ton of Dwarves, Elves or Orcs around, preferably all three at the same time in a big brawl. Čadil's illustration of the human kingdoms is a nice visual and brings home the whole point about those pesky manlings.

And yes in case someone asks, this is selective extension of image salvage... to artwork particularly well-crafted, evocative or inventive.

elendor_f

Re: Matěj Čadil's Lotr Artwork

#2 Post by elendor_f »

Thanks for sharing! I love the style, I think it fits particularly the Silmarillion a lot :D
I loved the Fëanor and Fingolfin illustration!

Also very cool geometric designs =D>
"The general has this to say about ensuring against defeat when outnumbered, out–weaponed and outpositioned. It is... Don't Have a Battle."
"Sounds like a clever man," said Jenkins.
Terry Pratchett, Jingo!

Avatar: https://silmarillionproject.tumblr.com/
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#3 Post by Prince of Spires »

Looks pretty good. So thanks for sharing. Shows the whole history of Tolkiens universe pretty nicely.

There is something beautiful and tragic in the NUmenorean kingdom. And it matches the Elven history in some way. Starts from optimistic ideals in the west. Grows under the tutelage of a greater power. Reaches a height which eclipses most other powers and then from there falls. It recovers to a shadow of its former glory and from there keeps slowly declining.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#4 Post by SpellArcher »

Poetic stuff.

Thank you.