The old Ent has been busy - Ramesesis gossips about himself

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Ramesesis

The old Ent has been busy - Ramesesis gossips about himself

#1 Post by Ramesesis »

Hello and welcome to the Ulthuan Inquirier.

We have some breaking news about a certain spiderwebbed old ent by the name Ramesesis.

Having been almost lost from sight for three years, following a somewhat turbulent divorce, the grey Ent have been seen sporadically uttering gibberish in old entish.

But the Inquirers intrepid reporter have been busy and can now share some tidbits. Of late, the Volatile Vicar of Vaul have been seen by the tabletop! Yes, you heard it first here, Ramesesis was spotted shuffleing elven minis and paging the rulebook of Kings of War. It is reported he were facing dwarfs that ended giving him a good trashing, forcing the esteemed former prince of Caledor to burst out in a loud "Bah!" and promising it was merely a minor setback and that he would return to rectify the result with better dice.

So what lies behind this sudden re-emergence of an elf believed to having been lost forever in the drowned caverns of Cothique?

Apparently Ramesesis found strength in the study of the old art of the Sword. Studying a 700 year old art of fencing with the sword and buckler at an esteemed school of swordfighting in Gothenburg. He have been known to say that facestabbing is even more satisfying than dicerolling, one can but feel a bit alarmed for his coming opponents by the tabletop, but hopefully the gentleman warrior will be able to separate the two disciplines.

But the Inquirier do wish to urge some caution should Ramesesis be confronted over the table if he is carrying his sword aswell. If the worst things would occur flipping the table in his direction while running the other way may not be a bad choice. Hopefully he will act in the noble manner of a fencer and challenge you to a duel.

However, the grizzled ent have not only learned how to overcome his foes with steel in hand. He has managed to secure employment that gives him access to a cave fit for a dwarf king! Many are the dwarfs that have muttered well chosen words about allowing an elf to roam free in prime underground estates like that!
27 meters below ground with 22000 square meters of hangar area! Enough for several squadrons of gyrocopters! Will he start using it for Dragons? Rumours say that there are infact already three, THREE dragons in the caves! The Inquirier find these last tidbits interesting but it is uncertain exactly what kind of dragons it is. More to come.

But that is not all! Not by a mile! Our paparazzi spite managed to sneak up and came back with news. The ents grey temples have seemingly worked their magic and for more than half a year a new female have been spotted VERY often with Ramesesis. Because this woman seem to be versed in magic and having to guardians in the shape of cats. Our intrepid spite is certain they are in truth Chracian lions with an illusion cast upon them, such ferocity do they show against his attempts at getting "close to the action", so to say.

Many should say that Ramesesis gotten the best out of the deal, having succesfully courted a young redheaded beauty, but we know that it is the lady who is the one whose feat is the greatest, having succesfully captured the heart of the distained elf noble. Perhaps she know the old elven wisdom: "The older they get, the more refined they become."

They seem to be kindred spirits on many planes, both having been seen in well-tailored medieval grab, watching Jane Austen movies and playing boardgames. But it seem as if Ramesesis have managed to get the intepid magess to try her hand in miniature games! All we know is that minis have been purchased and terrain is being built. They seem to be planning for some really dangerous journeys into the once lost city of Felstad, in the realm of Frostgrave. Come autumn and we may know more.

Oh, and the best part is this. Paparazzi spite have come across pictures where the two are clearly carrying similar looking rings on their respective left hand! Could there be wedding bells in the future?

Stay tuned and keep following the Ulthuan Inquirer - All the gossip in one place!
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

Re: The old Ent has been busy - Ramesesis gossips about hims

#2 Post by Luna Guardian »

Glad to have you, you old curmudgeon! Many congratulations on the engagement and all the good things you have coming your way, verily do you deserve them!
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#3 Post by Prince of Spires »

Good to see you around. And congratulations on the different good news items. I have heard of female mages interested in miniature wargames. But I have yet to meet one in person.

As for the shuffling of elf miniatures on a tabletop, pictures or it didn't happen ;) If the dice betray you, pick one of them, line up the others, smash the chosen dice with a hammer. It will teach them how to behave. If not, repeat the next time again.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Loflar

#4 Post by Loflar »

Nice to see you again.
Ramesesis wrote: He has managed to secure employment that gives him access to a cave fit for a dwarf king!
Well, the first thing I could think of was the Chamber of Mazarbul...
Ramesesis wrote: Because this woman seem to be versed in magic and having to guardians in the shape of cats.
Beware of witches. She has undoubtly seduced you with visions of unearthly pleasures while ensnaring you with a web of evil spells, and finishing the work by making you to wear her ring - a symbolic chain. You should try to throw her into water to see if she floats. If yes, then she is made of wood and is definitely a witch which can be burned.

But seriously, congratulations for putting your life back together again.

I am no longer shuffling elven armies. First, I got disgusted by constant changing of rules, and lately, our group switched from Mordheim to Wings of Glory (intuitive, you only need one mini to play (although in the end you buy lots of them anyway) can be played in group).
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/lw6ecde.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg9ismp.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/p4ipaw.gif[/img]
Gaurbund Angecthelion, retired Quartermaster of Corsairs of Obsidian Citadel
Ramesesis

#5 Post by Ramesesis »

Wings of Glory is fun, but I have not been able to get into it. I own a box of its predecessor, Wings of War. A damn fine game!

Working at a Museum dedicated to the history of flight have rekindled my love for The knights of the air.
Facade19

#6 Post by Facade19 »

Rami!!! You are alive old Ent! And here I thought you were gone for good.

Congrats man! I hope everything pans out this time around. Believe me, on matters of love, one cannot have Fortuna's favors enough. I am very attuned to this aspect.

I am glad you have found your way back here (coincidentally at the same time I have ventured my return).

Hopefully, a few more old timers will grace us with their returns. Of course, there is a long list of people I would love to get an update from. But to avoid thread necromancy I will reserve it for a different time.

Just wanted to say I am very happy you are back. I guess we both have been away from our home for too long. And wow I cannot believe (with the old sites) we have been members for over 14 years. That is quite impressive. And I hope everything goes well with the remainder of us.

Anyway, hope you stick around (I certainly plan so).
Allerion
Librarian

#7 Post by Allerion »

Just curious- any missiles in this flight museum?
Excited for TOW