Recently Stolen Legos.

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Feeblings

Recently Stolen Legos.

#1 Post by Feeblings »

Went home to visit my parents and recently found out that my Legos from when I was a kid were stolen by some people that came in to fix the basement. I probably had 1000-2000 worth of stuff. They didn't notice until after they were gone. Anyways here's a couple of the ships I made when I was younger. They were my favorites so it's the only pics I have before losing it all...

"Blue Razor" fighter (made at around age 11-12) This one was my favorite.

Don't have a name for this one and I made it a little later on.

Those are the only pics of stuff I really had, because they were my favorite. I'm quite sad. I'll probably never look at Legos the same way again. Not really sure why I made this thread. I guess just to get it off my chest
John Rainbow

Re: Recently Stolen Legos.

#2 Post by John Rainbow »

Sorry to hear about this :(

Trying to find a bright side its good that they didn't take something even more significant.

Also, can you not claim insurance or something?
Caledfwlch

#3 Post by Caledfwlch »

I had a similar experience, albeit in no way as dramatic experience as yours, when I was about 13. Someone whom I believed to be a friend stole a couple of knights (you know, with the cool helmets that go up an down. This Barbarossa-guy was among the captives Image ). Luckily I discovered it just 5 minutes after he had suddenly left and was able to get some of my knights back. Some, since he didn't return them all as I didn't exactly know what he had stolen. That was the last time we played together with legos.

Long story short: I do feel for you. Those guys stole more than just money, its also hours and hours of playing time. A bit like stealing someone's inherited jewelry.

Is there no way of tracing those people back?
Feeblings

#4 Post by Feeblings »

@John Rainbow: Well my parents are pretty sure the guy they hired, hired someone who was illegal and there's probably no way to prove he took them or who he even was. Thanks for the support though.

@Caledfwlch: Yeah, some people just seem to lack respect for other people's things. It's too bad.

I'll just remember the fun times I had with them. Like when I used to dream of what I'd create next in my sleep, wake up in the morning, and go at it. Or the times I actually built up huge bases and used everything in my collection for big battles. I even volunteered to use them for DnD with friends in college.

The worst part is though, if I ever have kids I won't be able to hand them down. :(

Otherwise thanks for the support in responding, both of you. I'm just trying to move on and build up some high elves now.
Rhawtir

#5 Post by Rhawtir »

Caled, I remember that one from my childhood, I just loved his set of armour and helmet. Sadly it got very hard getting a hold of them in time.. Argh.
Look and see the sky turn red.
Like blood, it covers over me.
And soon the sea shall give up her dead.
We'll raise an empire from the bottom of the sea.