Dudley Disabled Painting and Gaming Group

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

t4el0ner4nger

Dudley Disabled Painting and Gaming Group

#1 Post by t4el0ner4nger »

Hi my name is Carl and i'm working in partnership with the Dudley Disabled Learning Activities and Advice Center to bring a disabled and elderly wargaming group in the old Cable Plaza building on the waterfront by the Merry Hill Center in Dudley. I'm currently looking for anyone interested in the gaming or painting aspect of the hobby to come join our group free of charge. This will give you the opportunity to meet other people in the group and offer a safe and secure place to come and play and paint with ease without having to worry about space or disability access as we are based on the ground floor of the Cable Plaza building. Parking is easily accessible right outside the door and the room where the group will take place is down a short hallway.

At the moment i can only offer a place for you to come and paint or play with your own figures, with all your own equipment as numbers interested are nowhere near high enough to make the funds available to buy equipment. I have only two people so far confirmed as attending and they have been around the building to see the room for themselves but also don't just want to be the only members so would like some others to come down and check the place out to see if you would like to be a part of the group. There are plenty painting tables on offer which are the correct height for wheelchairs though as well as seats and I have a 4x4 gaming table with some basic terrain on it ready for two people to play on.

This idea would probably be the first of its kind and what i am trying to achieve is a place where disabled and elderly people can come game and paint with ease for free. I would like to provide the opportunity for people to get into the hobby as well as offer an airbrush station and plenty tables for people to game on by doing tutorial workshops, painting workshops and even eventually doing group armies. I would like this to become a hub for the wargaming community in Dudley eventually but at the moment i'm just looking to offer a place for disabled and elderly wargamers to paint and play some games with each other.

If you or anyone would be interested or would like more information don't hesitate to reply or contact me and i can get back in touch with you and book a time for you to come and visit the room in the building to see if you would like to join the group. We are open weekdays from 10-3 at the moment whilst we get it all up and running but other times can be arranged if necessary.

Here is a video of the building so you can see the space we have and the ease of access available.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMWmx1h ... QuuKrKZofw

The address for the cable plaza building is:
Cable Plaza
Waterfront West
Brierley Hill
DY5 1LW
West Midlands

Dudley Disabled Learning Activities and Advice Center is a none profit charity run by Steve Daniels offering disabled groups and other charities a place to be all under one roof. If you are a charity or would like information setting one up please contact Steve Daniels on 07879541080. Or if you would like to speak to me to arrange a visit or get more information my name is Carl and my number is 07434769059.