40K Vs Fantasy Rules

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Archmage_Mariona

40K Vs Fantasy Rules

#1 Post by Archmage_Mariona »

I'm just curious because my older brother plays 40K exclusively and I only play it because its so hard to get a fantasy game. I'm wondering are there any custom rules that can balance a battle between a 40K army and a Fantasy army? I remember hearing from the manager of the GW near me that back 3-4 editions ago there were simple rule systems to face the two off but obviously that was back when they were still similar. I'm just wondering if anyone has made any up to date rules for the two to face off fairly?
Ferny
9th Age Moderator

Re: 40K Vs Fantasy Rules

#2 Post by Ferny »

Yeah, I remember hearing something about this from ages ago (I think pre- Lizardmen/Brett starter box); something like chaos warriors coming through the northern portal in the chaos wastes and leading a chaos army against bretts. I don't know whether there were rules or whether it was a local thing or whether some guys just got excited and tried to do a mash-up (or just talked about it!). I'd be interested too whether this ever was an actual thing.
The 9th Age: Alumni

Former Roles: Advisory Board, HR, Moderator and Highborn Elves Army Support
Archmage_Mariona

#3 Post by Archmage_Mariona »

I haven't heard of that, but I was referencing for a Games Workshop birthday my store manager took part in a game several years ago where it was 40K vs Fantasy, but that was back in a much earlier edition where 40K and fantasy were similar. But they still had to adjust the rules. I'm interested in hearing about what you mentioned now too. Its interesting to hear about a lot of the things games workshop has done in the past.
Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

#4 Post by Domine Nox »

In 2nd edition 40k and 4th/5th edition fantasy the two games merged up nicely. I had great games crossing over fantasy and 40k. In the current editions it would be nearly impossible as they have become too divergent. You'd have to seriously overhaul one or the other to give it rules that match.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48766]Nox's Painting/Modelling Log[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60529]Nox's Battle Report Log[/url]