Movember

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

First Strike

Movember

#1 Post by First Strike »

Hi guys, just letting you all know that it is November and this it the month where some of your friends start growing some facial hair, not out of lazyness but to raise awareness for prostate cancer, testicular cancer and mental health. If you have never herd of movember or for more info go to http://au.movember.com/
It has expanded to many countries so if you are not in one then why not start it for next year.
Giladis
The Merlord

Re: Movember

#2 Post by Giladis »

My first Movember was last year and I ended up looking like some punk, this year I have a proper beard to support the cause.
First Strike

#3 Post by First Strike »

Good for you Mobro, let the mo grow!!
Liquidedust

#4 Post by Liquidedust »

Giladis wrote:My first Movember was last year and I ended up looking like some punk, this year I have a proper beard to support the cause.
Technically, which I have been reminded by friends of numerous times, to take part in Movember you have start out clean-shaven on the 1st . . . Which is also why I refuse to take part in this, since I sport a full beard year round.
First Strike

#5 Post by First Strike »

The point is to get people talking about it. You shave, the people around you make a comment and this gives you a lead in to start a conversation about mens health or to get a donation.
Works the same for those of us without a beard.
You can always donate and talk about it any way so no biggie.