Silly is angry at Outlook/Microsoft

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

The Silly Dragon

Silly is angry at Outlook/Microsoft

#1 Post by The Silly Dragon »

very very angry in fact so bloody angry I am currently kicking my xbox around the room and it is already broken (no loss as the last time I played the damn thing was like 2 years ago).

Just F U Microsoft really would like to meat your execs right now and just lay into them. :evil:

So the story starts with my outlook email account becoming blocked. No problem just verify its me and reset password right? WRONG! :x

It is apparently blocked as Microsoft thinks someone has been using my account to spam. Bear in mind this is also my xbox live account (thank god I cancelled my xbox gold subscription with my Credit card otherwise whoever the ba***rd is who hacked it would be buying tons of s**t with it by now).

So I go to recover my account with them resetting it by sending an e-mail to my back-up address...which has mysteriously become some weird gibberish account name (like l_28f9423@microd**ks.com, just an example) which bears no resemblance to my actual back-up account which is in fact my Dads e-mail address.

So I go and start the Questionnaire way of recovering my account and it is so bad.

Usual Bulls**t of Name, Address, Date of Birth etc and then comes the fun part of putting down recent e-mail subjects you have used (its an e-mail for receiving not sending so I have never done that so I leave it blank). Then as it is tied in with my Xbox Live ist asks me what the last 4 digits of my credit card is but heres the thing I cancelled that 2 years ago the details are expired now as I got a new card so I leave that blank too.

I submit and a message comes saying I didn't give enough details for them to verify that its me. What more can I f***ing do!?

So I get in touch calling customer help line and they put me on hold for like f**k knows how long and then just tells me to do the questionnaire online which I scream at him that I have already told him that I have done that s**t! and explain to him my situation. All he comes up with is to create a new account.

Great! just f**king great! Out of curiosity I turn my xbox on to see if my old card details were still saved on it, which I will never know as they have blocked my gamertag and account on that too as it was linked. So I lost my gamertag with something like 40k achievement score and now have to redo all my e-mails to all the s**t that I am signed up for.

Bulls**t customer service and stupid questions that only help if you were trying to recover like 5 minutes after block.

Not even the best bit!

I tried to create a new Outlook account and even though I got my password written down and checked it like 50 times before submitting they continuously claim that my password is incorrect everytime I try to log into my new account.

So Microsoft can go f**k themselves.

My xbox is now in about 6 pieces and counting...and it feels good... :mrgreen:
[b]War. War never changes [/b]
[i]dum spiro, spero...[/i]
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
EricJ

Re: Silly is angry at Outlook/Microsoft

#2 Post by EricJ »

Oh, I remember the good old days when people actually owned their games instead of renting them.
[i]"I am a big believer in technology and I’m a big believer in openness when it comes to the flow of information. I think that the more freely information flows, the stronger the society becomes, because then citizens of countries around the world can hold their own governments accountable."[/i]
- [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWvBQyRTJD8]Barack Obama[/url]
The Silly Dragon

#3 Post by The Silly Dragon »

I know right. At least with my warhammer they are mine and no one is going to take them away and certainly no hacker can touch them no matter how good they are (unless they are willing to fight me for them, bring it! :twisted: ).

I had something like 14 games installed from live on my xbox some were bought at like £25 so I at least lost something like £150-£200 of games and all my Gamerscore and stuff.

Makes me really not care about the 'next-gen' consoles. Staying with my PC until that gets destroyed too and then I am quitting all video games.
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
EricJ

#4 Post by EricJ »

This goes for any DRM-locked media, not just music: games, applications, movies, TV-series, the lot.
[i]"I am a big believer in technology and I’m a big believer in openness when it comes to the flow of information. I think that the more freely information flows, the stronger the society becomes, because then citizens of countries around the world can hold their own governments accountable."[/i]
- [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWvBQyRTJD8]Barack Obama[/url]
The Silly Dragon

#5 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Saddest thing is that is true. Though I will never pirate things as the people who put all the hard work into the movie, game, TV show etc are losing out. We need to support the companies if we want more games, movies and all. Though when you lose everything and cannot recover it due to it being digital even though you paid for it (losing it wasn't even your fault) it does make pirating look more appealing.
Noble Korhedron

#6 Post by Noble Korhedron »

@Eric J;@The Silly Dragon: I think I have to agree with both your points. If I have legitimately bought something, as far as I'm concerned, I'll make as many backups as I damn well please!! And if you don't like that, then as we Irish say you may "Pog mo thoin!"(stupid American-style keyboard with no fadas! :x :x )!!
Regards,

NK.

http://www.druchii.net/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php