The Ulthuan Jacuzzi - Come Relax!

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

The Silly Dragon

Re: The Ulthuan Jacuzzi - Come Relax!

#1771 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Instead of pizza can i have a curry?
[b]War. War never changes [/b]
[i]dum spiro, spero...[/i]
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Giladis
The Merlord

#1772 Post by Giladis »

To the long list of activities I have decided to add singing. As of tuesday I have joined a Ukrainian folk song choir :mrgreen:

This what we are supposed to preform in less than three weeks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UmvUy1LziE
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#1773 Post by Prince of Spires »

Sounds impressive and like quite a challenge for 3 weeks time. Good luck with that.

At least there are some pretty ladies in that choir ;)
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Meif

#1774 Post by Meif »

Giladis wrote:To the long list of activities I have decided to add singing. As of tuesday I have joined a Ukrainian folk song choir :mrgreen:
Then you can go for this :mrgreen:
[quote="EricJ"]I guess Swedes are just a tad more gay than your average European.
And Finns a tad more masculine.[/quote]
Meif

#1775 Post by Meif »

Went to see Hobbit 3D HFR, liked it. Was rather epic. People complained to me before I went to watch it that it's overly long, I was like "it finished already!?" :mrgreen:
[quote="EricJ"]I guess Swedes are just a tad more gay than your average European.
Allerion
Librarian

#1776 Post by Allerion »

I have no idea how they're going to make it into two more movies

It was pretty good though
Excited for TOW
Giladis
The Merlord

#1777 Post by Giladis »

It is three movies as of few months ago so I guess we will see the attack on Dol Guldur.
Meif

#1778 Post by Meif »

Since it's Tolkien's birthday today, I'll just drop this old article in here.
Giladis
The Merlord

#1779 Post by Giladis »

To add another thing on my list of achievements I took part this weekend in the University Rowing championships. I had a pause from rowing lasting 9 years but 6 months ago I decided to join the team to see if I can help them out before I leave the university for good. Fast forward to this Saturday and we won 2 bronze medals (the first ever men's medals won by my university in any event since independence of Croatia) and were the only team that competed in 4 races that day due to some birocratic nonsense.

2K semifinals we came 4th
2K B-final we came 3rd
1K A-final we came 3rd \:D/
2K A-final "race between cities" we came 3rd \:D/

I am the one with the blue hat :mrgreen:
Madeline Merri

#1780 Post by Madeline Merri »

Props to all the positivity! This thread will never die!
[i]"So long honeybabe, where I'm bound, I can't tell. Goodbye's too good a word, babe, so I'll just say 'fare thee well'."[/i]
[b]Recent Joys:[/b] MMA Record: 7-5-1 (Retired) Finished a West-Coast tour as a bass player for several acts.
The Silly Dragon

#1781 Post by The Silly Dragon »

My sister got married two days ago and the wedding went without a single thing going wrong. Lovely sunny day with a full on BBQ outside for all 70+ guests. A round of Golf for all the lads a day before the wedding. A great party after with bouncy castle for the children which i had a go as well (many drunk 'grown ups' did though i use that term very lightly). Stayed at a great Hotel and many many tears flowed during the service other people cried alittle too.

Very proud of her and very happy that she found 'the one' so congrats! :mrgreen:

Downside is people keep asking when mine is...getting annoying... :?
[b]War. War never changes [/b]
[i]dum spiro, spero...[/i]
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Spartan

#1782 Post by Spartan »

Hey Ulthuan! It's been awhile. Any of the old heads still around these days?

Looks like the Ulthuan OT I used to know and love has truly vanished...
[i]"To contemplate letting the alien, the heretic or the traitor win just to save a few million lives is the worst kind of heresy, because it is clad in the mantle of good intentions."[/i]

"I am Aenarion's heir, not Aenarion himself. My fate is my own."
-Tyrion, Champion of the Everqueen
Aerendar Valandil

#1783 Post by Aerendar Valandil »

The Silly Dragon wrote:Downside is people keep asking when mine is...getting annoying... :?
Very. I remind you, in suchs cases you have permission to use violence. Verbal or otherwise.
NoOoDLe

#1784 Post by NoOoDLe »

Spartan, I was just thinking the same thing when I dropped in today...

It's been quite a while since I was on here.

How's everyone?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/mdelarbre/slaanesh.jpg[/img][quote="Raneth"]Noodle was elected prime minister for the duration of the crisis.[/quote]
Allerion
Librarian

#1785 Post by Allerion »

such is life when you ban all the fun people
Excited for TOW
jinxs

#1786 Post by jinxs »

Got accepted into 2 different schools and the irony is I am allready studying in a different school then those two... bloody hell why didnt I get accepted last year to anywhere else :D... choices choices choices.

Well its Man of Steel time tonight!
Sarcon

#1787 Post by Sarcon »

After many years of wanting to learn but never getting around doing it, I bought a bass guitar and decided to take some lessons!

Ain't she a beaut? :D
[b][url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=33265]Do not click this link :)[/url][/b]
Giladis
The Merlord

#1788 Post by Giladis »

She sure is very nice.
nawker

#1789 Post by nawker »

I've been around this forum and its past avatars for 10+ years today (happy non aniversary) I though I'd check it out. :o
Last time it showed up was at least one year ago (18 months according to the forum)
Still some known faces here and there :mrgreen:
Celine Dion, root of all evil.
Facade19

#1790 Post by Facade19 »

The sad thing about this entire situation here in the Off-Topic and overall general silence is that Ulthuan, IMO, has lost something. To me Ulthuan was more than just Warhammer. It was about me being able to have this one place where honesty, reason, passion, friendships and conversation still prevailed over senseless stupidity and unabashed buffoonery. Not that I am implying that Ulthuan's off topic has become this, but rather this community represented the last bastion for a person to still find and taste some sort of sanity in an otherwise insane world. I honestly miss everyone here and just find it very hard and tremendously saddening that all these creative and genuine people have somehow "gone away." I still poke an eye here and there with the hopes that one of these days the one or other user whom I am referring here writes an update and lets us, lets me know that he or she is alive and doing well.

Ah, anyway, I hope you guys and gals are doing well and that sooner or later this little family of ours that we have created and cared for will reunite once more, even if for a short, fragile moment, so that I can bask in its captivating awe and warmth. Best wishes.
Francis

#1791 Post by Francis »

Well I still think that Ulthuan is a great place to post and discuss things, even if some of the guys you old-timers talk about may not be on that often anymore. To me it is one of the friendliest and best forums I have ever visited and I am extremely happy that I decided to check it out. It has helped my game no en and given me many many hours of fun and laughter :D .

On topic a bit, I just finished my master thesis on exceptionalism in U.S. foreign policy (on Friday no less), my lovely girl is back from Argentina and things are looking up :).
Kallessin

#1792 Post by Kallessin »

You know what. I found this in abyss of Internet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ufh9ehI8F0#at=32
That's how guys in Lithuania or Latvia (?) have fun !
NexS

#1793 Post by NexS »

Kallessin wrote:You know what. I found this in abyss of Internet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ufh9ehI8F0#at=32
That's how guys in Lithuania or Latvia (?) have fun !
That takes way too much organisation for me!
Regards,
Brad
------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=53518&start=0]Visit The Nexs-Files Conversion/Painting Log[/url]
Giladis
The Merlord

#1794 Post by Giladis »

Hey there cool people. It seems each year brings something new. A few months ago I joined a dancing troope/ensamble (I think that is the correct term in english) and last week we took part in a festival.

Performing western polka and swing shim sham.

There is more exciting stuff to follow in the future so stay tuned.

P.S. what is up with you lot
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#1795 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

So, I'm back. Why?!? you might find yourself asking... (You might also ask if you care, and why I think you care. Ego - I have a giant ego)

Regardless, my absence has been a number of reasons, but foremost is that I have spent the last 9 months training to be a primary school teacher, and I finally qualified last week. I've got the summer off and I start my first job in September. Exciting times, moving into my own place and finally doing something an adult would do.

However, now that the most gruelling 9 months any man can experience, I hope to put my freed up time to good use - staring at the internet and re-immerse myself into Ulthuan again - it's like seeing an old friend after a long time.
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
Giladis
The Merlord

#1796 Post by Giladis »

Good to see you back.
Aerendar Valandil

#1797 Post by Aerendar Valandil »

*blub*
Madeline Merri

#1798 Post by Madeline Merri »

We need more oldies back! I'm gonna start showing up around here a lot more often, got some spare time for once in my life!

-Maddo
[i]"So long honeybabe, where I'm bound, I can't tell. Goodbye's too good a word, babe, so I'll just say 'fare thee well'."[/i]
[b]Recent Joys:[/b] MMA Record: 7-5-1 (Retired) Finished a West-Coast tour as a bass player for several acts.
Allerion
Librarian

#1799 Post by Allerion »

Hi everybody-

I recently moved to Boston with my gf of 2.5 years (or 1 page ago, whichever is a better measurement of time) which forced me to go through all of my stuff, and I came across all my old HE which I had largely forgotten about. Brought a few with me, decided to repaint them. I was going to look on the site for info about how to strip the old paint but it was down #-o I'll be posting some not-so-great pictures of some mediocrely painted 6th ed. SW/SM + heros in a few weeks.

Who all is still around?
Excited for TOW
Giladis
The Merlord

#1800 Post by Giladis »

I am still around and not only that I am celebrating my first decade on Ulthuan today!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/