Tyrion

Ask any rules specific questions here
schacht

Tyrion

#1 Post by schacht »

Now that Tyrion is cavalry does he the get look out sir from other cavalry? Can he still be singled out when in a unit?
NightHawk45

Re: Tyrion

#2 Post by NightHawk45 »

As long as you have enough RaF, you should be okay.
John Rainbow

#3 Post by John Rainbow »

As long as he is actually cavalry, he will get a look out sir in a qualifying cavalry unit.
wisetiger7

#4 Post by wisetiger7 »

Do we use a new cav base for him? I believe that we are supposed to use the base that the model came with... which is a monstrous cav base. Or do we use his base and just call him cavalry?
thelordcal wrote:Or he uses his big a$$ banner pole as a great weapon...
wisetiger7 wrote:That's what she said.
Asurion Whitestar wrote:I would normally delete such an off topic post, but this is just too good. Classic..!! :)
John Rainbow

#5 Post by John Rainbow »

I guess technically you have to use the base he comes with, however, that was designed for a monstrous cav mount. I don't think people would have an issue with the usual cav. base now he is usual cav. so to speak.
Enomiel

#6 Post by Enomiel »

His picture in the book have him on a normal 25x50 cavalry base.
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#7 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

John Rainbow wrote:I guess technically you have to use the base he comes with, however, that was designed for a monstrous cav mount. I don't think people would have an issue with the usual cav. base now he is usual cav. so to speak.
That is one heck of a lazy cop-out rule. Base sizes have changed frequently over the years. I have dragons that came on 40x40. Back in 6th they maintained a standard base size chart that you could find on the web. Apparently that's way to difficult now though.
John Rainbow

#8 Post by John Rainbow »

Shannar, Sealord wrote:That is one heck of a lazy cop-out rule. Base sizes have changed frequently over the years. I have dragons that came on 40x40. Back in 6th they maintained a standard base size chart that you could find on the web. Apparently that's way to difficult now though.
Yeah but I think people should be able to find out what is 'standard' now. A monster/chariot is usually on a 50x100mm, monstrous infantry are on 40mm sq, etc, etc. It's not too bad, it's just the rule so people don't game for advantage.
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#9 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

John Rainbow wrote:
Shannar, Sealord wrote:That is one heck of a lazy cop-out rule. Base sizes have changed frequently over the years. I have dragons that came on 40x40. Back in 6th they maintained a standard base size chart that you could find on the web. Apparently that's way to difficult now though.
Yeah but I think people should be able to find out what is 'standard' now. A monster/chariot is usually on a 50x100mm, monstrous infantry are on 40mm sq, etc, etc. It's not too bad, it's just the rule so people don't game for advantage.
That's exactly my point. How hard would it be for GW to have that information available. Heck, a page in the back of the army book would do the job nicely.
Enomiel

#10 Post by Enomiel »

Agreed, everyone have a complete recap of units at the end of his book, they could have added the base size or indicated in the BRB that base size are standard for a given type of troop unless noted otherwise.
Spartacus

#11 Post by Spartacus »

The picture of Tyrion in the book still has him on a 50mm x 50mm base. Page 68. Being a specific unit type does not require you to have the standard base size usually used for that type.
Enomiel

#12 Post by Enomiel »

Do not have my book now, but I'm pretty sure I saw him on a 25x50 base in the book gallery.
Danidude

#13 Post by Danidude »

Enomiel wrote:Do not have my book now, but I'm pretty sure I saw him on a 25x50 base in the book gallery.

I have the book infront of me here now, he is on a 50x50. I can see why you might think its a 25x50 at first glance, as you have to study and know how the model is to know that it is a 50x50 base.
This is my signature, are you sure you have permission to read signatures? Yes/No
Eltherion

#14 Post by Eltherion »

I think you would need to re-mount him on a cavalry base the model fits quite well on 1.

Unless it states he is Monstrous Cavalry, I don't have the book yet then he is just normal cavalry therefore needs re basing.

Yes he does get a Look Out Sir if in units of 5+ cavalry.
2008-2013 Wins:Draws:Losses
7th Ed High Elves 18 : 9 : 4 Bargle Con I, Best General, 3rd Overall
New High Elf Book 16 : 1 : 5 Bargle Con II, 2nd Overall, Conviction 2nd Overall & Best Sportsman

MSU List: http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=48650
Eirik

#15 Post by Eirik »

Just for the record, the base size has no bearing on look-out-sir. If your base matches that of your unit, and you are a different troop type, you get no LoS. If your base size is different and you are the same troop type, you get a LoS.

Right?
Ah, Floorhammer. A time honored tradition. Sadly, I no longer play since my brother tripped and right-angled the spears of a 15-man regiment.
-Original Dragon Prince, July 2011
THRILLHELM

#16 Post by THRILLHELM »

^ definitely this. Slaan count as infantry and epidemius used to. Is dorghar a daemonic mount for archaon in the new book?
Fervent dragon addict and Australian warhammer enthusiast
@THR1LLHELM
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#17 Post by Prince of Spires »

Eltherion wrote:I think you would need to re-mount him on a cavalry base the model fits quite well on 1.

Unless it states he is Monstrous Cavalry, I don't have the book yet then he is just normal cavalry therefore needs re basing.
No. There is no such thing as a cavalry base. Just a most common base for cavalry models.

The rule from the BRB is that "a model is based on the base it came with". So if tyrion would come on a "chariot base" then he would need to be based on the chariot base but he would still be cavalry.

He comes on a 50X50 base, so that is what he needs to be based on. And he is cavalry, because that is what his entry in the army book sais he is.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
oreaper

#18 Post by oreaper »

on this topic i have some LoTR eagles on 40mm babses, is this the right size. Idk b/c i've never bought the old wonkey ones bu i know the warhawks are on 40's (peg knights too right?) just trying to clarify b/c i dont w3ant to tear up my scenic babse, im not one to model for advantage and am trying to avoid such acusations
pk-ng

#19 Post by pk-ng »

oreaper wrote:on this topic i have some LoTR eagles on 40mm babses, is this the right size. Idk b/c i've never bought the old wonkey ones bu i know the warhawks are on 40's (peg knights too right?) just trying to clarify b/c i dont w3ant to tear up my scenic babse, im not one to model for advantage and am trying to avoid such acusations
I don't think it's such a big problem. Since it's just eagles people should give you the death stare but they might give you the death stare if you placed Dragons on smaller bases.
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#20 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

oreaper wrote:on this topic i have some LoTR eagles on 40mm babses, is this the right size. Idk b/c i've never bought the old wonkey ones bu i know the warhawks are on 40's (peg knights too right?) just trying to clarify b/c i dont w3ant to tear up my scenic babse, im not one to model for advantage and am trying to avoid such acusations
If you do decide to move them to bigger bases (I did on mine) I wouldn't tear up the old ones if you like them. Instead just stick the 40mm base on top of a 50mm one and add to the effect.