Unkillable Character In Challenge

Ask any rules specific questions here
JudgeSmails

Unkillable Character In Challenge

#1 Post by JudgeSmails »

What happens if I have an Archmage with Folariath's Robe and he gets challenged by a character without magical attacks?
[b][i]"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.[/i]"[/b]
dabber
Tactician

Re: Unkillable Character In Challenge

#2 Post by dabber »

Why the question?
No wounds are dealt in the challenge. As with all challenges, the rest of the combat goes as normal.
JudgeSmails

#3 Post by JudgeSmails »

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but when does the challenge end? Does it continue until one of the units is wiped out or flees?
[b][i]"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.[/i]"[/b]
dabber
Tactician

#4 Post by dabber »

Challenge ends whenever they are no longer in combat, which in this case would be that- one side breaks.
JudgeSmails

#5 Post by JudgeSmails »

What if one of the two sides gets wiped out?
dabber
Tactician

#6 Post by dabber »

Since you are talking unkillable Archmage, no one is getting wiped out, because either the Archmage or his challenge partner will not be killed. But one probably breaks when all his friends die, if not beforehand.

Is your real question about what other affects happen from a challenges? If so, I give my standard answer:
Challenges alter very little. An accepted challenge does exactly two things - 1) limit attack allocation and 2) allow overkill. Everything else continues as normal.