Large Army off E-bay, possible for a good 2000 list with it?

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

SnorlaxForQueen

Large Army off E-bay, possible for a good 2000 list with it?

#1 Post by SnorlaxForQueen »

Hi there! Sorry this isn't 100% relevant, but it's the closest I could find, and I'll also be coming back with more lists in future as I learn the awesome High Elves!

I just bought a LARGE army off of E-bay for what I think was a cracking deal, only £150 for the following:

Army Book

1 x Mage on horse
3 x Mage
1 x prince on griffin
1 x BSB on foot
16 x archers
10 x Ellyrian reavers
29 x lothern sea guard
8 x silver helms
4 x lion chariots of chrace
30 x white lions of chrace
17 x sword masters of hoeth
10 x Phoenix guard
4 x eagle claw bolt thrower
10 x sisters of avelorn

Is any of this good for making a solid entry 2000 point list? And what else would I need to buy to bring it up to a competitive level? I figure I may need a good block of spearmen and some more archers perhaps, but I am simply a first timer for the Helves, and really cant wait to play them, and crush my Lizardmen playing friend!

Cheers! :)

Callum
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Large Army off E-bay, possible for a good 2000 list with

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

I'd say you could make a decent infantry list with that. Archers and MSU cavalry in Core, Lion/Swordmaster blocks, 2 mages, BSB, Rare shooting. Another 10 PG lets you replace one of the blocks with them, probably stronger. You could vary with the other elements but that's the guts of a viable list.

Welcome to Ulthuan.

:)
Ladril Caledor

Re: Large Army off E-bay, possible for a good 2000 list with

#3 Post by Ladril Caledor »

150 for all that is a great deal, congratulations. At 2000 points you have some options with those models I recommend getting an app like battlescribe so you can play around with some different lists. You can proxy models as you experiment. I wouldn't buy any more until you have a better idea of the kind of units and army you like.