2500p ETCish comp

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

PeNo
Vaul Incarnate

2500p ETCish comp

#1 Post by PeNo »

Hello fellow Asur, I want to you to help me evaluate and tweeking a list for an upcoming tournament I'm thinking of participating in.
The comp rules are a modified type of ETC comp. Every army has a power pool they can take a maximum of 5 choices from, the same as ETC. But there is also a "Soft pool" with units that's lesser used or deemed underpowered; For example: +10 Shadow warriors, Sea helm that's not BSB, Skycutter, +25 Spearelves. Your comp score will be between 0-10 and is calculated like this (5 - number of power pool choices + number of soft pool choices (max 5)).
For my army this means that I will keep the power choices to a minimum, so that I don't end up with a score of 0.

Lords & Heroes [750]

Loremaster of Hoeth: Talisman of persevation, Book of hoeth [330]
Noble BSB: Shield of merwyrm, Obsidian loadstone, Ironcurse icon [145]
Mage, Level 1 shadow: Dispel scroll, Ring of Khaine [135]
Handmaiden: Reaver bow, Potion of strength [140]

Core [629]

35 Spearelves, Full command: Banner of eternal flame [355] 1 Soft pool
14 Archers, musican [150]
6 Ellyrian reavers, musican, bows [124]

Special [578]

26 Swordmasters of Hoeth, Full command [368]
10 Shadow warriors [140] 1 Soft pool
1 Tiranoc chariot [70]

Rare [542]
Frostheart Pheonix [240] 1 Power pool
2 Bolt throwers [140] 1 Power pool
1 Great Eagle [50]
8 Sisters of Avelorn [112]

[2499 points] Comp score 5

Loremaster and BSB goes into the Swordmasters thats deployed 7 wide. Mage into the archers and Handmaiden into sisters.
My main concern is that the army does not have enough strong combat units. Most armies usually have one death star or two strong combat units, and this really only have one. That's why I chose a chariot over a second Great eagle, to get a little more punch. Both the magic and the shooting phase are pretty strong, but since I go for a Loremaster I don't have any big spells to deal with death stars. So I guess I'll just have to try and redirect them.
And I can mention that there's no scenarios or objectives that require fortitude as in the Blood and glory scenario, so the lack of banners wont hurt me.
Last edited by PeNo on Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
My High Elves painting log

"Hey ya, its me! Imoen!"
-Imoen
Eldfågeln

Re: 2500p ETCish comp

#2 Post by Eldfågeln »

I like the list, a bit jack of all trades. Gona struggel against som of the worst End Times shenanigans, but you have decent comp and a defensive list, so with youre high comp score you should be able to pick the deployment thats best for you quite often.

Btw, loremaster isnt a death power pool choice, he doesnt generate spells from death, he just has em, sort of. So comp 5 then, even better.
PeNo
Vaul Incarnate

Re: 2500p ETCish comp

#3 Post by PeNo »

Eldfågeln wrote:Btw, loremaster isnt a death power pool choice, he doesnt generate spells from death, he just has em, sort of. So comp 5 then, even better.
Nice! I have actually looked for a clarification for that in the erratas and diffrent faq but couldn't find anything. So I played it safe and paid one comp for him. But I mailed the tourney organizers to see what they think.
My High Elves painting log

"Hey ya, its me! Imoen!"
-Imoen