3000 pts tournament list Swecomp

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

grandalf

3000 pts tournament list Swecomp

#1 Post by grandalf »

Hi!
This is my list for an upcoming tournament in Stockholm, Sweden.

Grandalfs warhost 2989 pts

+Lords (578pts) +

+Prince
Dragon Armour (20pts), Shield (3pts)]
Elven Steed
Ogre Blade (40pts),
Talisman of Preservation
The Other Trickster's Shard

+Loremaster of Hoeth
Book of Hoeth
Talisman of Protection (10pts)]

+ Heroes (429pts) +

+BSB - Noble
Dragon Armour, Shield
Sword of Might ,
Talisman of Endurance

+Noble
Dragon Armour,
Charmed Shield (5pts), BRB - Potion of Foolhardiness (5pts), BRB - Sword of Anti-Heroes (30pts)]

+Mage Level 2 Shadow
Ironcurse Icon
Scroll of Shielding

+ Core (932pts) +

24x Archers, Champion, Musician

15x Silver Helms, FC

27x Spearmen, FC

+ Special (770pts) +

10x Dragon Princes of Caledor, FC
Lichebone Pennant

24x Phoenix Guard, FC
Razor Standard

+ Rare (290pts) +

2x Bolt Thrower

10x Sister of Averlorn + champion

I've split it in three parts; one Infantry, one cavalry and one shoring. That way I have an allround army ready to face any enemy who might come up.

But one might ask, where's the Frostie? And where's the Banner of the world Dragon? The dragon? The dispel scroll?..
The answer is the Swedish Comp System (http://swfbr.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=4494). I can't have any of those. I wanted to build my army around the Loremaster, the PG's and 2 RBT. I had to forsake all the other goodies.
The comp level is between 10-14, and I should reach 10,5-ish (the final comp list isn't settled yet).

There's also a restriction in the tournament; double minimum unit sizes. That's why for example the Ellyrean reavers are missing.

Any thoughts on the list? Bring it on! (I still got 11 pts to place..)

[/size]
DarkJoo77

Re: 3000 pts tournament list Swecomp

#2 Post by DarkJoo77 »

It looks fine. I don't really get why you have the lvl 2 mage when you already have ton of good buffs with the Loremaster. If you are just hoping to get a big spell and that you will 6-dice it, why not the earthing rod on him instead of the scroll of shielding? Most of your points will be in the Phoenix Guard unit anyway, and they already have a 4++. The DPs will have a 5++ vs magic. Do you really care if they waste a spell blasting your core?
grandalf

#3 Post by grandalf »

Well, I can't really say I have a strategy in the lvl 2 mage. It felt less vulnerable with two magicians. Maybe it would be of more use to have a lvl 2 with High magic, to get the ward save and buff the dispe?

Or do you suggest something else?

/G
grandalf

#4 Post by grandalf »

Oops! The buff to dispel was old rules. Anyway, the high magic might have it's advantages...
grandalf

#5 Post by grandalf »

Feels like I'm talking to myself here, but that's alright ;)

So the 2nd mage might be points wasted. That's indeed the lesson to be taught from my last battle. But it feels safer with two magicians..

I'll try not to be more gambling. I'm thinking if I drop the mage, I might afford a Frostheart phoenix.. That might be more fun!