2200 Swedish first try

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

The Dragon Prince

2200 Swedish first try

#1 Post by The Dragon Prince »

With some people in our community we have decided to try Swedish Comp. Normally we run our own comp and our meta is not competitive. The list I made isn't that 'hard' in my opinion but the comp score was higher than expected.

The list:

Archmage 310
-Lvl4
-Mounted
-Lore of Death
-Talisman of Preservation/Earthing Rod

Caradyran (general) 420
-Ashtari

Noble 164
-Heavy Armour
-Barded Steed
-Dawnstone/Enchanted Shield/Sword of Might
-BSB

2x5 Reavers 210
-Bows/Spears/Musician

26 Seaguard 312
-Shields/Full Command

9 Dragon Princes 341
-Full Command/Banner of the World Dragon

18 Swordmasters 269
-Full Command/Gleaming Pendant

2 Eagle Claw Bolt Throwers 140

2196 points

Comp Score 8

The plan is to run the characters in the Dragon Princes, move them up to snipe some characters or throw a big Purple Sun. Caradryan will charge up the field and move into position to take a good flank charge to support the Swordmasters of the Dragon Princes. The Seaguard are there to provide shooting support while still being able to charge when needed to give support.

In my opinion the list is quite soft but seeing how we agreed to make 8 to 16 comp lists, this is apparently still strong. How would you rate this list?
DarkenAvatar

Re: 2200 Swedish first try

#2 Post by DarkenAvatar »

sweedish comp punishes flying monsters aka frost phoenix quite heavily. arch mages are also hit pretty hard by the comp. if you are looking for a unit that is for its points and impact doesnt get hit very hard, i recomend the lion chariots. they can swing combats and make pretty good hammers. just a few things to think about.
DarkJoo77

Re: 2200 Swedish first try

#3 Post by DarkJoo77 »

It looks like you are trying to comp your normal list. This just won't work. I would suggest thinking about what gets hit hard and what you want to do. If you want Caradyran on a bird, you are not going to be able to keep the BoWD and the lvl 4 AM with Death. The 1+ character with the Dawnstone gets hit hard too. Give him a normal shield or the charmed shield, and you are set with him.