2400 High Elf (HotPK) new list review

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Default02

2400 High Elf (HotPK) new list review

#1 Post by Default02 »

This is a new list I came up with to try out this coming week and if it does well in the up coming tournament as well . I was wondering if anyone could look it over and give some insight! Thanks and cheers.

Lords
Alarielle, avatar of isha-375
Prince on barded steed-273
Giant blade, merwyrm shield,golden crown, the other tricksters shard, heavy armor

Heros-
Mage lvl2 light-120
Mage lvl1 light- 110
Dispel scroll
Noble on barded steed-172
BSB, BoTWD, heavy armor, lance, shield

Core
13 silver helms-303
Full command,shields
5 silver helms-115
Shields
5 silver helms-115
Shields
5 Reavers-85
Bows

Special
20 white lions-300
Full command, eternal flame banner

Rare
Frostheart Phoenix-240
Great eagle-50
2 bolt throwers-140

Plan is to use the large silver helm unit with the prince and noble to go after other lords with magic weapons. Alarielle and the light coven will stay with the lions and prove magic support with buffs and banishment. The smaller units will screen and flank other units.
Ladril Caledor

Re: 2400 High Elf (HotPK) new list review

#2 Post by Ladril Caledor »

Not bad, and you could win a lot of games with this list, but I feel like the list is caught in two minds. Most of the points are sunk into the big Silver Helm unit with the prince, and the big block of White Lions with Alarielle. The former is a very aggressive unit that is best used to quickly get stuck into opposing units and overwhelm them, while the Alarielle white lion block is very defensive, not very mobile, and best staying back.

I think if you want an aggressive list its best to support the big Helm unit with lots of other mobile, hard hitting stuff (perhaps including a High Archmage in the Helm unit for Shield of Saphery), and if you want a defensive list its best to surround Alarielle's unit with lots of infantry units that will stay close to the 5+ ward bubble/Flesh to Stone/Regrowth, plus lots of shooting that can benefit from Hand of Glory. I've had problems myself when I've tried putting Alarielle Isha in the same army as a Silver Helm/Prince bus, they didn't compliment each other very well.