New Highelves! 1500

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Angelichost41

New Highelves! 1500

#1 Post by Angelichost41 »

Well I took a long time off of Fantasy when my buddy and I decided to take a little break due to College.
I ordered a fresh high elf army that I plan to use since the original models I had were pretty old.. I think older than me. Looking to paint them non traditional. More like Gold, Purple. Cause I am a die hard vikings fan!
This list is mainly to help me to relearn 8th and now 8.5 as well as end times.

HIGHELVES

Lords:
Archmage level 4; High Magic, Talisman of Preserv, Book of Hoeth

Heroes:
Mage level 2; Life Magic, Dispell Scroll, Golden Crown

Core:
Silver Helms; Full command
Spearmen; 24x Full Command

Special:
Dragon Princes; Full command
White Lions; x10 Full command
Phoenix Guard; x10 FUll command

Rare:
Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower

1491/1500pts

I know how important BsB but I think I can get by for a few starter games. My mages will be hiding in the Spear block casting away to buff my specials and the silver Helms will be a nice flanker. Please feel free for Comments and Criticism!
Angelichost41

Re: New Highelves! 1500

#2 Post by Angelichost41 »

They are here!!
Total of 10x Spearmen Boxes
2x Phoenix Guards
1x White lions box
2x Mage set boxes
1x Repeater Bolt Thrower box
1x Dragon Princes boxes
1x Silver Helms
-------------------------------------------------
Now that reinforcements have arrived its time to assemble and build one of Ulthuans finest Regiments!
Note* I kept my old school prince on Steed, Tyrion, Teclis, and Noble on foot, as well as BSB and my archers. Only because they weren't that much of old school and looked still alright.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I'll post the general paint scheme and colors soon when I assemble my first few Warriors of Ulthuan!!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Side Note* I have some old school Dark Elf Executioners, is it possible and acceptable to turn these into some more White Lions? thoughts?
Ladril Caledor

#3 Post by Ladril Caledor »

I look forward to seeing the gold and purple army. I painted my army in gold armour with red cloaks, partly because I'm a die hard 49ers fan, and I also felt it fit my Caledor theme. Gold really suits High Elf models, I'm sure yours will look great
Angelichost41

#4 Post by Angelichost41 »

Thank you for the reply! And I'm glad you are a football fan who translated his work into his high elves. I thought I was running solo on that one that is really something. I'm not sure which theme I wanna do, I'm thinking Thrace since they are all about the white lions!

Also are my images up on my old school executioner I'm now on my iPad and can't see it in the original post?

Side note* with all those boxes of spear elves I don't feel I need all 160 to be spear elves.. If anyone has cool conversion ideas to make archers or sea guard please let me know.
Ladril Caledor

#5 Post by Ladril Caledor »

Angelichost41 wrote:Also are my images up on my old school executioner I'm now on my iPad and can't see it in the original post?
Unfortunately you can't upload pictures directly from your device. I upload them to the Photobucket free service, then Img link them into my forum post.
Side Note* I have some old school Dark Elf Executioners, is it possible and acceptable to turn these into some more White Lions? thoughts?
The old models do look kind of White Lion like. I think if they are painted up in High Elf colours you could use them as either White Lions or Swordmasters in friendly games. But this would probably not be acceptable in tournaments, and might be a problem in a Games Workshop store.

As you said you are interested in the End Times rules, you can also use them as Executioners in a mixed Elf list, and you could potentially run some of your Spearelves as Eternal Guard with the right paint job.
Angelichost41

#6 Post by Angelichost41 »

Those are my old school Executioners. Hopefully a good paint job and maybe a few decal and trimming can turn them into some Aspiring White Lions. I have a bout 10 of these models.
Eloras

#7 Post by Eloras »

Angelichost41 wrote:I ordered a fresh high elf army that I plan to use since the original models I had were pretty old.. I think older than me. Looking to paint them non traditional. More like Gold, Purple.
Very nice!! I'm also a "returning" player and I plan to paint my army purple with white accents.
Metals will be a dark metal colour (gunbolt or black metal from Vallejo) and gold.