My first ever Warhammer army. Escalation

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Muttonwar

My first ever Warhammer army. Escalation

#1 Post by Muttonwar »

Hey guys, introducing myself and asking for advice. I have never played warhammer before in my life, fantasy or 40k. Buddy I work with told me about an escalation league so I decided to join. I picked a army that I could play at a low model count. After much thinking I settled on High Elf Cavalry. The league starts at 500, goes up by 500 once a month and ends at 2500.

The idea is to play a fluffish army based around cavalry and just mounted stuff.

At 500 points I have 2 units of 5x Silverhelms with shields. And 5x Dragonprinces with standard bearer and a champion. Mage as HQ.

Going forward to 1000 points im bumping up my mage to a archmage. Adding 5x Ellyrian Reavers, 6x Silver Helms and 5 more Dragon Princes.

1500 points is a easy jump adding Tyrion and 5 Dragon princes.

2000 adds 5x more Ellyrian Reavers. 2 Lothern Skycutters with Eagle Eye Bolt throwers and 5 more silver helms.

2500 im not exactly sure with yet.

I really want to just have fun in my first league and play fluff while I learn the rules and see how other armies play. The idea mehind my strategy is to win combat with my Dragon Princes and run units down.

Any advice is welcome keeping in mind I want this army to be cavalry bros.

Thanks in advance!
PGP

Re: My first ever Warhammer army. Escalation

#2 Post by PGP »

I made this more interesting that you have to use the char/unit later and cannot even change gear. 25 % chars rule.

500 points you probably have to drop mage for a cav. Noble. Noble should have a constant magical s5/6 attack so something like

Noble, d.armour, barded steed, shield, sword of might, Luckstone
1 Block of helms, shields, full command
Eagle (sacrifice this so that helms can attack)

1000 points, add
lvl 4 shadow, dispel scroll, crown of alc
2 rbt
10 archers, mus

1500 add
Noble, Bsb, b. Steed D. Armour, enc. Shield, pot of fool., ogre blade
5xbow reavers
Sister unit
Dragon prince unit, at least lichebone banner (protect chars from death sniping)

2000 add
Prince, b. Steed, dragon armour,shield, giant blade, trickster shard, dawnstone
1 rbt
Dragon prince unit, at least magic banner, if you play blood and glory

2500 add
Lvl 2 high mage, ring of fury, opal amulet
5 bow reavers
Sister unit
1 rbt

This is hard...

Edit: cannot use that prince in 2k, char points over, switch it to frost phoenix, you just have to choose 5 sisters in 1500 pts and take something else than rares. Take the prince in 2500 pts.