2400 Swedish Comp List (Scores an 11 rounded)

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

SteVieBizzLe

2400 Swedish Comp List (Scores an 11 rounded)

#1 Post by SteVieBizzLe »

Attending a Swedish Comp'd Team Tournament in March and due to comp restrictions for the team and other lists being locked in after discussions, I need to take a Comp 11 list.

Tried to build a list that has a bit of the usual toys but has made concessions to get the score up to an 11. Aim is to go for small wins.

==Lords==

Archmage - 280
-Lvl 4 Lore of Metal
-Tal. of Pres.
-Channeling Staff

Prince - 261
-Heavy Armour
-Shield
-Barded Steed
-Dragonhelm
-Giant Blade
-Golden Crown of Atrazar
-Potion of Foolhardiness

==Heroes==

Noble - 156
-BSB
-Dragon Armour
-Barded Steed
-Enchanted Shield
-Dawnstone
-Lance

==Core==

21 Archers - 220
-Musician

5 Reavers - 80

12 Silver Helms - 306
-Full Command
-Shields

==Special==

6 Dragon Princes - 204
-Musician and Standard
-Banner of Eternal Flame

21 Phoenix Guard - 390
-Full Command
-Razor Banner

==Rare==

3 x RBT's - 210

Frostheart Phoenix - 240

Eagle - 50

Total points: 2397

Thoughts?

Appreciate all feedback but bear in mind my list has to stay at a Swedish Comp score of between 10.5 and 11.4 (so that it gets rounded to 11)

Cheers
Andrei_Warrior

Re: 2400 Swedish Comp List (Scores an 11 rounded)

#2 Post by Andrei_Warrior »

A couple of things:

Does the Archmage have a horse? i don't see how it fits into the list well if he doesn't.

Either no Frostheart or 2 i think. There is just too much artillery. They are also comped very strongly, so maybe take him out, add a fourth bt, and some pg/reavers/eagles?

I like reavers with a musician but thats a very small thing.

What are the dragon princes going to accomplish? Thats obviously not where you're going to put your characters and they're just too expensive for their points.

Does the prince really need the crown? I feel like you just took your star dragon prince and put him on a horse. I like Aod + Ogre blade for mounted princes. Again, that does't matter too much.

Split the archers into 2 units of 10?

Do you really need metal on your Archmage? Your sh bus is built for the grind (speaking of which, i know its comped very hard but i fell like you could somehow squeeze in the botwd), and your characters should be able to take care of armor. I feel like life might be a good choice to really buff up your main combat units.

Maybe also add some units of 6 sisters? you can hit some regenerating thing with them and then shot at it with your bolt throwers and whatnot. They're also nice for comp score, because they're pretty expensive.

My 2 cents.