2400 ETC Triple Flame Bird - Am I daft?

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Breezly

2400 ETC Triple Flame Bird - Am I daft?

#1 Post by Breezly »

I am on such a 'List-Wobble' at the moment, getting ready for an ETC comp tourney in March. I usually go for a themed list, but I came up with this as a potential Bus option that fits under the ETC comp. I have never played a bus, but I am wondering if this has any merit.

My Core is at 759, so I have some points for adjustments, though I want to keep an eye on Blood and Glory possibilities.

Thoughts? Crazy? Unplayable? Boring to play with/against?

As I said, I am not 100% certain that a Bus is my play style, but this isn't a full bus by any means. I could drop the core down to min and add a Noble into the Bus for more hitting power. I cannot add a Frost Bird, as this puts my choices over 5.

2400 Pts - High Elves Roster

Anointed of Asuryan - General; Halberd; Heavy Armour; Giant Blade, Charmed Shield, Golden Crown of Atrazar, The Other Trickster's Shard
Flamespyre Phoenix

Archmage Level 4 Wizard, Book of Hoeth, Talisman of Preservation, The Lore of High Magic
Elven Steed

Noble Battle Standard Bearer; Hand Weapon; Lance; Dragon Armour; Shield, Banner of the World Dragon
Elven Steed

20 Archers, (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std)

5 Ellyrian Reavers(Musician)

5 Ellyrian Reavers (Musician)

13 Silver Helms (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Champ)

1 Flamespyre Phoenix

1 Flamespyre Phoenix

Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower

Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower

Composition Report:
Points of Lords: 872 (0 - 1200)
Points of Heroes: 178 (0 - 1200)
Points of Core: 759 (600 - Unlimited)
Points of Special: 0 (0 - 1200)
Points of Rare: 590 (0 - 600)

Total Roster Cost: 2399

--Breezly
Ladril Caledor

Re: 2400 ETC Triple Flame Bird - Am I daft?

#2 Post by Ladril Caledor »

I think it's a pretty cool list. I prefer Frosthearts to Flamespyres but as you said you can't pick them because of the comp. As your core is running high, what about dropping ten of the archers and the archer standard, perhaps also the musicians from your reavers, and putting in some sexy Sisters of Avelorn? They pack more punch and are really useful for removing Regeneration to set up further shots with your archers and bolt throwers.

My other concern is the Archmage is going to be sitting on the front seat of your bus and will be targeted as soon as the unit gets into combat. I'd recommend finding the points for at least one more combat character (as you already suggested) so you can push the Archmage to the second row, as well as adding further damage potential.
Breezly

Re: 2400 ETC Triple Flame Bird - Am I daft?

#3 Post by Breezly »

I am thinking the three bird list may be a bit too gimicky without enough bite. I played this list yesterday, ended in a draw with DE but that was because I was dwellered on the last turn. I like the safety of the PG, but I am thinking of doing a Prince bus, along with the Helms to have two cav options. I would need to add a mounted hero for mage safety...eggs in one basket sorta makes me nervous. I think my play style caters more to a Curu shout and counter. The Triple Bird list is a bit much I think.

Fire and Ice!

2400 Pts - High Elves Roster

Anointed of Asuryan, Giant Blade, Charmed Shield, Golden Crown of Atrazar, The Other Trickster's Shard, Flamespyre Phoenix

Archmage, Earthing Rod, Talisman of Preservation

Noble, BSB, Dragon Armour,Ithilmar Barding, Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield, Dawnstone, Elven Steed

14 Archers, Mus, Std

5 Ellyrian Reavers, Mus

5 Ellyrian Reavers, Mus

10 Silver Helms, FC

22 Phoenix Guard, FC, Razor Standard

Frostheart Phoenix

Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower

Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower