End Times List 2500 points

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

D-4QP

End Times List 2500 points

#1 Post by D-4QP »

Hello, everyone.

So a fellow elf player at my local store has challenged me to an End Times game this Friday. He will either be fielding his regular Dark Elf army, or he might use his Legions of the Undead (so Nagash & co. may be joining the party).

To celebrate my first End Times game, I am attempting to create a list from the End Times: Khaine that matches with my existing High Elf army.

Here's what I have come up with:

Lords

Alarielle, Incarnate of Life- 540 points
- w/ White Lions

Heroes

Noble- 147 points
- BSB
- Armour of Caledor
- Shield
- w/ White Lions

Mage- 135 points
- Lvl. 2
- Barded Elven Steed
- High Magic
- w/ Silver Helms

Mage- 135 points
- Lvl. 2
- Barded Elven Steed
- High Magic
- w/ Dragon Princes

Core

Spearmen x30- 300 points
- Full command

Silver Helms x16- 398 points
- Full command
- Shileds

Special

White Lions x30- 470 points
- Full command
- Banner of the World Dragon

Dragon Princes x10- 320 points
- Full command

Total Army Cost: 2445 points

The idea here is to sit the cavalry along the flanks of my army while the White Lions and the Spearmen march up the center. The two mages will both have High Magic so that they can provide the cavalry with a ward save in the event that they are not totally unprotected should they leaves Alarielle's 12" bubble. The White Lions will serve as the hard hitters, while the Spearmen sit alongside them as support. The Noble is there to accept challenges, mostly, as well as make the White Lions a little more unshakable.

What does everyone think? Is this list too weak? Too strong? Is there anything that needs adjusting? Any and all feedback would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks
Andrei_Warrior

Re: End Times List 2500 points

#2 Post by Andrei_Warrior »

Right off the bat, if no heroes are going into the spearmen then 10 points for an extra attack is a waste.
Shadeseraph

Re: End Times List 2500 points

#3 Post by Shadeseraph »

The champion is useful to tie characters. I wouldn't remove him.

Now, your problem is that you completely lack board control. No shooting, no redirectors, no way to deal with flying monsters, other than toughtening them out, and only Soul Quench on lvl 2 mages as decent magic missiles. You are going to rely completely on Awakening of the Woods as your cheap, recastable magic missile. Granted, with Allariele that's pretty much an assured S6 D6 magic missile that you'll be able to spam, but it won't do against Dark or wood elves (though wood elves will have to think twice before entering the woods).

You are also paying a premium for some potential protection on the silver helms. I think an archmage can be a good option to put some pressure, but common mages will eat on your PD allowance fast, and you'll want to empower Allariele.

As a side note, you can't improve the Armor of Caledor armor save in any way, and it already grants a 6+ ward save, so the shield is useless. I'd take at best an armor of silvered steel on the noble, and give him a halberd for some S5.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=48662]My standard gaming lists - 2500 pts.[/url]