Opinions on an ET GW tourney list at 2000

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

ArcaneSnow

Opinions on an ET GW tourney list at 2000

#1 Post by ArcaneSnow »

I've got a premiere tourney coming up at my local GW, which means they'll be running ET rules/scenarios under a fairly casual environment. Since it isn't a serious event, I figured I can afford to have some fun with my lists. I want to run triple phoenixes, but after putting a 2k list together.. I feel like I'll just be there to give away wins. Thoughts on my Phoenix court list?

Anointed on Flamespyre
Giant Blade
Enchanted Shield
Potion of fools

Noble BSB
Ogre blade
Golden crown
Heavy armor
Barded steed

14 x silver helms
shields +FC

2x5 reavers bows/spears

15 phoenix guard FC
Razor standard

2x Frostheart

This is off the top of my head. List is not with me. If I remember correctly I still should have about 100 pts left over which I don't know what to put into. I do not like the fact I have barely any shooting and no magic at all, but with so many points sunk in already, I don't know how to make magic work.

Any idea if 3 phoenixes at 2k pts would work? or.. if i should scrap it and play Teclis + Tyrion.
Check out my High Elves R3K Plog! It's super picture heavy though... You've been warned..
John Rainbow

Re: Opinions on an ET GW tourney list at 2000

#2 Post by John Rainbow »

Playing without magic is always a poor decision IMHO. You could trade out the PG - which are the only M5 unit you have anyway and are too small to be effective. The you could include a lvl2 to run with the helms and another noble with the Star Lance. That would be my suggestion. It would give you some defence and casting high you would get +3 to cast too.
ArcaneSnow

#3 Post by ArcaneSnow »

So... this casual style tourney ended. And here's what I learnt, but to start I did alter my list because I was afraid of no magic as well.

I ran...
Anointed on Flamesphyre
with all the items listed above
Noble on barded steed
with charmed shield and starlance
Archmage with crown and book
13 SH
3x5 reavers
and 2 frosthearts.

It was a horrible idea!.. I've learnt to never play 3 phoenixes at 2k ever again! It was interesting and I got a ton of compliments but it was a slaughter.
Cannons took out frost hearts in 1 shot. Chaos magic stopped my birds from flying. and Other big monsters can just wipe out phoenixes no problem.
Even charging a demon prince with a frost heart on flank and block of SH in the front didn't do anything for me.

I think I'm done with fluff lists and I'm officially back to building competitive lists only. haha :oops:
Check out my High Elves R3K Plog! It's super picture heavy though... You've been warned..
John Rainbow

#4 Post by John Rainbow »

Thanks for the review. Sorry it didn't work out.