2400 list. Multi threat, high SweComp score (14.5)

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Jhaantikaal

2400 list. Multi threat, high SweComp score (14.5)

#1 Post by Jhaantikaal »

25% lords and heroes, look out sirs for the big spells. Swedish comp added to score at the end of the 6 games.

Prince
Star Dragon
Sword of Might
Enchanted Shield
Golden Crown
OTS
Heavy Armour

Mage
Lvl2 high
Dispel Scroll

Noble BSB
Barred Steed
Lance
Heavy Armour
Shield
Dragonhelm
Dawnstone
Ironcurse

12 Archers
Musician

5 Reavers
Champ

5 Reavers
Champ

12 Silver Helms
Shields
FC

21 Phoenix Guard
FC
Razor Banner

18 White Lions
FC

Skycutter

2 Bolt Throwers

14.5 comp score.

I could drop skycutter for eagle and 3 WLs or ring of fury dropping comp score to 13.8. But my skycutter is my favourite painted model at the moment and seems to do stupidly well when I use it!

Thoughts?
Follow me on Twitter @DMashford
Rabidnid

Re: 2400 list. Multi threat, high SweComp score (14.5)

#2 Post by Rabidnid »

No ward saves at all apart from the crown? Boosted searing doom, death snipes and high strength attacks will go straight though the Prince's armour.
"Luck is the residue of design"
PGP

#3 Post by PGP »

Looks a bit more expensive than 14.5, is probably true though. Some small tweaking, white lions could take the movement banner to keep up with dragon. Reavers could take bows. I'd swap dragon helm and enc. Shield. There are flammable artillery. Noble could take star lance or ogre blade. Crown can be enough ward, but you have to be in the combat the second round. Mage could take the flaming ring. I'd consider splitting the helms to two units of six with champ. Skycutter could take a bolter. I think also that pg need more bsb than helms.
Jhaantikaal

#4 Post by Jhaantikaal »

Apologies, the Prince has Dragonhelm and mundane shield instead of the enchanted shield - I typed the op incorrectly.
Follow me on Twitter @DMashford
Scarlet

#5 Post by Scarlet »

Looks fairly well tweaked that I don't have much advice. However I wouldn't be a High Elf player if I didn't try and criticise.

1. Reducing the Star Dragon to a Moon Dragon would free up a lot of SweComp points. You would also get a few points to play around with for the rest of your army (an eagle is always nice). Yes you lose the S7 and extra wound and attack but the extra wound and attack are not a huge thing. Yes you can't be one shot cannoned but that is still a 1/6 change. The S is a big deal depending on who you typically face.

2. I would suggest maybe trying to switch the Sword of Might for a Sword of Anti-Heroes. For an extra 10 pts the extra attack against characters can be really useful. To say nothing of that BSB and general/mage in a single unit.

3. Glad to see the sky cutter. I would be interested to hear how you normally use it. I always use mine with a bolt thrower and like a Dragon Mage. Long range for a few turns while threatening a section of the map until that crucial turn where the charge comes.
Saurus Oldblood, Eldar Farseer, Asrai Highborn, Asur Prince, Goblin Warboss
Curu Olannon
Vindicated Strategist

#6 Post by Curu Olannon »

Smart list, but your prince needs a fireward. This prevents him from giving up points vs a lot of enemies. I suggest Dragonhelm + Lion Cloak. Are you punished for taking Star Lance + TOTS on the Prince? I would swap around the Sword of Might for your BSB. I also think Ring of Fury is a good addition here, as are Shadow Warriors. It all depends on your points, of course, and I really don't know Swedish that well.
Retired from Warhammer. Playing Warmachine & Hordes (Cygnar).

Follow me on Courage of Caspia, my blog.

Warhammer blogs from 2011-2015:

:: Path to Glory - High Elves Army Blog ::
:: Curu Olannon's Vindicators - 2500 points Army Blog (Old book, outdated) ::
henrypmiller

#7 Post by henrypmiller »

Heavens magic might help protect the star dragon better than high.