2400 Swedish Comp 12.0

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

sandstorm

2400 Swedish Comp 12.0

#1 Post by sandstorm »

Any thoughts/options on my Swedish lists would be appreciated.

Prince on Star Dragon, Shield, Star Lance, Dragonhelm, Golden Crown, Other Tricksters Shard, 598

Noble BSB, Barded Steed, Lance, Heavy Armour, Enchanted Shield, Dawnstone, Potion of Strength, 170
Noble, Barded Steed, Heavy Armour, Ogre Blade, Charmed Shield, Luckstone, 139
Level 2 Life Mage, Steed, Sceptre of Stability, 145
Level 2 Life Mage, Steed, Scroll of Shielding, 145

12 Silver Helms, Full Command, 306
5 Silver Helms, Standard, Champion, 135
5 Ellyrian Reavers, Bows, 85
5 Ellyrian Reavers, Bows, 85

Flamespyre Phoenix
Flamespyre Phoenix
Repeater Bolt Thrower
Repeater Bolt Thrower

Rabidnid

Re: 2400 Swedish Comp 12.0

#2 Post by Rabidnid »

The dragon prince really needs a ward.

The 5 silverhelms will be better off with a muso rather than champ due to the look out sir not working, and the banner is dubious just because you will lose a 33 point model if the unit breaks from combat.
"Luck is the residue of design"
sandstorm

#3 Post by sandstorm »

I intend to use the 5 Silver Helms in tandem with my Dragonlord so that he doesn't get challenged out, the standard is on them so they don't bleed combat res.
Andros123

#4 Post by Andros123 »

I like it.
However I find that kind of silverhelm bus very hard to work without the banner, which you probably didn't take for comp reasons. With life you are kind of protected against miscast, but you really have no magical threats. I would at least give one of the mages the ring of fury so you have a good magic missile.
Next thing I noticed was the fact, that you don't have any scroll, really?

Other then that, I think it is a very strong and offensive build.
sandstorm

#5 Post by sandstorm »

The scroll is -7 and the Ring of Fury -5 under Swedish. Yes, this is the only reason I haven't taken either item. I could take the Fireball ring and take no comp from that, something to consider I guess. In terms of magical threats, I am happy to use my superior dice skill and 6 dice Dwellers given the right target. Losing a Level 2 to the miscast isn't a big deal given I have another Level 2 and the potential reward involved.
Andros123

#6 Post by Andros123 »

The scroll is -7 and the Ring of Fury -5 under Swedish.
Ahh, sorry I'm not very familiar with the swedish comp system.
I am happy to use my superior dice skill and 6 dice Dwellers given the right target. Losing a Level 2 to the miscast isn't a big deal given I have another Level 2 and the potential reward involved.
Well it's not really about the wizard, it's more about the damage that miscast will cause to your helm bus. If your opponent dispels throne, would you the dare to 6 dice anything? It is potentially a lot of dead silver helms.
It may be a bit alternative, but have you considered running these to lvl. 2's in a shadow warrior bunker? With your dragon, 2 phoenixes and a strong silver helm bus with 2 characters, your opponent should have his hands full.
Then I would probably pick high magic for the awesome walk between worlds. It will go very well for your type of list.
pk-ng

#7 Post by pk-ng »

Andros123 wrote:
I am happy to use my superior dice skill and 6 dice Dwellers given the right target. Losing a Level 2 to the miscast isn't a big deal given I have another Level 2 and the potential reward involved.
Well it's not really about the wizard, it's more about the damage that miscast will cause to your helm bus. If your opponent dispels throne, would you the dare to 6 dice anything? It is potentially a lot of dead silver helms.
Yes dwellers vs miscast = dewellers always wins

I like the list alot but I prefer High over Life.
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support