All Mounted army 2kish w/Dragon needs help plz

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

LordFaris

All Mounted army 2kish w/Dragon needs help plz

#1 Post by LordFaris »

Hey all I am trying to get back into fantasy and was throwing this idea around because I have always liked the High Elf Cavalry models:
BTW I don't have the armybook yet, I am away from home and won't have it for about another week! So points costs are approximated for tweaking later!!

Lords:
Prince on Star Dragon - Giant Blade and fancy armour - 640ish

Heroes:
(None)

Core:
Silver helmsX10 Full Command - 250ish
Silver helmsX10 Full Command - 250ish
ReaversX5: Bows - 85
ReaversX5: Bows - 85

SPL:
Dragon PrincesX10 Full Command 350ish
Dragon PrincesX10 Full Command 350ish

Rare:
(none)

2Kish army should have some points left for tweaking, possibly drop full command from silver helms for a few points.

So do you all think this is a workable army?? Main Idea is to rush forward and Combo charge with Princes/Dragon/Helms and hopefully overwhelm/break the enemy before they know what happened. I hope with 4 large cavalry units when one unit gets bogged down in protracted combat I'll have another cavalry unit(or Dragon) to charge into a flank to support them.

I realize i have no magic which may cost me the game... I can't think of how to put in a mage maybe drop a 1 silver helm unit and buff up the other to around 14/15 as a mage bunker, but then they probly don't want to engage in combat which kinda defeats their purpose and I feel i need all the bodies I can get so thats why i went mage-less...

I have considered dropping the dragon for mounted characters but I do feel the Dragon makes a great Commander for this army due to speed, toughness, damage, and being the only unit that can 'grind' in protracted combats. I fielded a very similar army to this one time(lol) last edition and the Dragon was kinda like a Lynchpin everything is trying to kill it as it flies up at impossibly fast speeds supported by all the Hard Hitting cavalry units and destroys whatever it touches lol!

Thanks Brah~!
Galdor

Re: All Mounted army 2kish w/Dragon needs help plz

#2 Post by Galdor »

Interesting army! Love the idea. You'll probably want a noble/BSB for the leadership test re-rolls.
Feeblings

#3 Post by Feeblings »

Hey, cool army. I think you should keep the dragon because I think a dragon at 2k is devastating.

It looks like a Bretonnian army, and your going to need enemy units to break on your charges to win out. As for competitiveness, I think it will have a lot of difficulties vs a lot of things, so play at your own risk. [-o<
LordFaris

#4 Post by LordFaris »

Thank you for your feedback - Mmm yes I think I will be running this list asap, its going to have its problems but ya know what I think it'll be alot of fun to field for a while!! :)