2500pts playing with friends

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Hugo86

2500pts playing with friends

#1 Post by Hugo86 »

Hello im new to Warhammer, i played between 5 and 10 games. Now im seeking some advice on my Army List. I would love some advice on how to make it better and how to put the army on the battlefield. All comments and suggestions are welcome.

Edited list:

Lords:
Archmage Level 4, Book of Hoeth, Khaine's Ring of Fury, Golden Crown of Atrazar, Lore of Shadow 310pts
Prince Giant Blade, Dragon Armor, Enchanted Shield, Dawn Stone, Ithilmar Barded Elven Steed 277pts

Heroes:
Noble BSB Banner of the World Dragon, Lance, Shield, Dragon Armor, Ithilmar Barded Elven Steed 178pts

Core:
17x Archers Musician 180pts
5x Ellyrian Reavers Musician, Bows 95pts
5x Ellyrian Reavers Musician, Bows 95pts
10x Silver Helms Shield, Full Command 260pts

Special:
10x Dragon Princes of Caledor Full Command, Star Lance, Rampager's Standard 405pts
29x Phoenix Guard Full Command, Razor Standard 510pts

Rare:
2x Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower 140pts
1x Great Eagles 50pts

Total: 2500pts

I was thinking about have the Archmage go with PG and Noble and Prince with Dragon Princes.

//David
Last edited by Hugo86 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rabidnid

Re: 2500pts playing with friends

#2 Post by Rabidnid »

I would help if the prince had a horse, if he was going in the dragon princes.

The shield of merwyrm does give him a 4+ parry ward, but it won't protect against stomps, artillery or other shooting. Its also not usable when mounted.
"Luck is the residue of design"
Hugo86

#3 Post by Hugo86 »

Rabidnid wrote:I would help if the prince had a horse, if he was going in the dragon princes.

The shield of merwyrm does give him a 4+ parry ward, but it won't protect against stomps, artillery or other shooting. Its also not usable when mounted.
The Prince had the points for a horse, just forgot to add it when i made the post. Shield of the merwyrm swaped for a regular shield. Thanks for the help.
pk-ng

#4 Post by pk-ng »

For starters

[quote="Hugo86"]Hello im new to Warhammer, i played between 5 and 10 games. Now im seeking some advice on my Army List. I would love some advice on how to make it better and how to put the army on the battlefield. All comments and suggestions are welcome.

Archmage - Looks fine
Prince - I would give him Dawnstone and Enchanted Shield for the 1+/1+ and maybe Dragon Armour if you points to spare
BSB - I would upgrade the Heavy Armour to Dragon Armour to have a 2++ against fire and 6++...worth the extra 6 points.
Archers - Personally I think you should drop the light armour and just give them musician for better mobility. HE core isn't great and don't really need to invest in them
Reavers - A tad too expensive in my opinion. I would either drop the musician or drop the weapon upgrades (i try to keep mine under 100 points at a general rule of thumb
Helms - Looks good but I would personally get a champion in for a) challenging accepting / issuing b) more attacks

DPs - Looks good
PGs - again would include champion
RBTs - looks good
Eagle - maybe too many? Considering you will have 4 redirectors?

Overally I would drop some PGs and 1 GE for the upgrades mentioned above.
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support
Hugo86

#5 Post by Hugo86 »

pk-ng wrote:For starters
Hugo86 wrote:Hello im new to Warhammer, i played between 5 and 10 games. Now im seeking some advice on my Army List. I would love some advice on how to make it better and how to put the army on the battlefield. All comments and suggestions are welcome.

Archmage - Looks fine
Prince - I would give him Dawnstone and Enchanted Shield for the 1+/1+ and maybe Dragon Armour if you points to spare
BSB - I would upgrade the Heavy Armour to Dragon Armour to have a 2++ against fire and 6++...worth the extra 6 points.
Archers - Personally I think you should drop the light armour and just give them musician for better mobility. HE core isn't great and don't really need to invest in them
Reavers - A tad too expensive in my opinion. I would either drop the musician or drop the weapon upgrades (i try to keep mine under 100 points at a general rule of thumb
Helms - Looks good but I would personally get a champion in for a) challenging accepting / issuing b) more attacks

DPs - Looks good
PGs - again would include champion
RBTs - looks good
Eagle - maybe too many? Considering you will have 4 redirectors?

Overally I would drop some PGs and 1 GE for the upgrades mentioned above.
I made some changes after your comment. Thanks alot, i think it starts to look good. But what do i know? :D
John Rainbow

#6 Post by John Rainbow »

Looks decent to me although I always try and get a dispel scroll in when I can. Have you thought about including a lvl1 or lvl2 heavens caster for support (with the scroll)? You could get this guys in several ways: dropping some points from core i.e. removing the spears and musos from the reavers as I don't really think they are required for them to work and dropping some PG as that unit is pretty huge at the mo. I've had a lot of success with just 24 of them. The Star Lance on the DP champ is useful but also a lot of points on a 1W character, I know why you have it but this could also go for the mage which might give you a little more utility I think.