2400 Pts Tower List

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

kbolster12345

2400 Pts Tower List

#1 Post by kbolster12345 »

Hey all! I have a 2400 pts tourney coming up in a couple of weeks and I thinking about trying this list out. We HAVE to bring 1 Special Char so I thought I would bring one that I haven't tried since our new book came out, Teclis. It's built mostly around points denial. The Way Shard is to help me get battle points because one of the objectives is usually to have a core unit in enemies deployment zone. Not to mention it makes it tough for my opponent to get those points off me when I pop up behind his lines. Sisters go in the Fortress with Teclis, Archmage, lvl 1 mages, Hand Maiden and BSB. Perhaps I should model the fortress as an easter basket? I like the Hand Maiden because I see the quick to fire being useful against people assaulting the building, hopefully again and again! LMK what you think.

Teclis: Really looking for double Banishment here with the level 4
Archmage: Light Lvl4 Folding Fortress

Mage lvl1 Forbidden Rod
Mage Lvl1 Dispell Scroll

Handmaiden Reaver Bow, PoS

Noble BSB BoWD
Noble Wayshard

20 Archers Deployed with Wayshard Noble
2x5 Reavers with bows and spears
7 Silver Helms ; Muso

25 Sisters; High Sister
John Rainbow

Re: 2400 Pts Tower List

#2 Post by John Rainbow »

You are hugely reliant on Teclis in this list. Outside of him you have very little in the way of damage potential and not much to stop enemy units getting to Teclis' bunker. I also tend to think the lvl.4 is a waste as you don't have the magic dice to support all those points invested. Isn't a level 2 a better idea for this as you can still get double banishment? You do have to give up on the tower though.

I would suggest if you want to use Teclis that you look at two other users here on Ulthuan. Curu has some BatReps on his blog using an aggressive Teclis list with a WL horde and Grenic has run some pretty solid avoidance based Teclis Coven of Light buids.
ArcaneSnow

#3 Post by ArcaneSnow »

Is there a restriction on how many units can go in the fortress at your tourney? I personally love that item and have pissed off quite a few friends by rocking that against them, most memorable was a 2500 game against VC, my friend wouldn't talk to me for 2 weeks after that game.

Anyways, here's my take. A successful fortress list is full on balls-to-the-wall point denial, meaning everything needs to go in the fortress. If your tourney doesn't have regulations against how many units can go in the tower, then perfect, but if there is a unit restriction, then the fortress build easily puts you at a disadvantage.
Assuming no restrictions, put more things in the tower!

My take on your list is...
-As John said, your magic phase is going to be rough.. I'd drop the archmage down to a Lvl 2 if you're sure on running teclis.
-archers on wayward inside enemy deployment is a nice idea, but it's practically giving your opponent almost 400 points if you don't have anything to back it up, and I don't see backup atm.
-Forbidden rod means you're throwing another 100+ points at your opponent for free, try swapping it for power stone or.. channeling staff instead.
-Handmaiden is a really nice touch, like that a lot.
-drop the silver helms, running 7 is kind of useless in this situation, consider more reavers instead.
-lastly, consider running eagles and/or phoenix. You need units that are hard to catch and can do clean up work if need be.

Over all, I really enjoy reading fortress lists, let us know how the games go. =)
Check out my High Elves R3K Plog! It's super picture heavy though... You've been warned..
kbolster12345

#4 Post by kbolster12345 »

So I won the Tourney with 2 massacres and full battle points and a draw in my final game against a DE fast cav army.

I probably won't play the list that much but if I was going to do it again I would take out the lvl 4 and make him 2. Add a Prince with Tower and kit him with a Halbred or GW for some combat punch when being assaulted.