2015 Las Vagas Open help please 2500pt

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Star dragon or Flame Phoenix in a comped tournament

Poll ended at Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:41 pm

Star Dragon
100%
Flame Phoenix
No votes

Total votes: 2

Rnelson8730

2015 Las Vagas Open help please 2500pt

#1 Post by Rnelson8730 »

So as the subject head states im trying to get some insight on what to bring to the LVO 2015. I have been pouring over the forum for the last couple days catching up on the new 50% increase and how to maximize on it. Well it would be better if this tourney wasn't a comped tourney and comped hard in some aspects. Such as double rare choices and 3+ warmachines........so the bolt throwers without taking a hit (which i want to avoid) are out of the question. Unless proven otherwise of course. After reading through lot of posts i've come to a crossroads in what to take. Here i would love some insight into how to do well in a comped environment and maybe how to change it up to make it better. That and a lore selection that would complement this list as well. so here are the two lists.

High elf tourney 1 (2499pts)

Lords (852pts)

-Anointed of Asuryan-Flamespyre Phoenix -Golden Crown of Atrazar (realized that he already had a 4++ but i don't know what to swap for it), Enchanted Shield, Ogre Blade,The Other Trickster's Shard

-Archmage -Wizard Level 4 -Ithilmar Barded Elven Steed -Book of Hoeth , Talisman of Preservation

Heroes (677pts)

Mage -Wizard Level 2-Ithilmar Barded Elven Steed-Dispel Scroll (25pts)

Noble- Dragon Armour-Lance-Shield-BSB-Banner of the World Dragon-Ithilmar Barded Elven Steed

Noble- Halberd - Griffon-(Swiftsense)- Dragonbane Gem-Star Lance, Armour of Destiny-Potion of Foolhardiness

Core (730pts)

5x Ellyrian Reaver 5x Bow and Spear

5x Ellyrian Reaver 5x Bow and Spear

11x Silver Helms- FC - Shields

11x Silver Helms- FC - Shields

Rare (240pts)

Frostheart Phoenix

The second list consists of the star dragon and less Silver Helms and a different build on the noble. So please give me some pointers and CC.

Randall
pk-ng

Re: 2015 Las Vagas Open help please 2500pt

#2 Post by pk-ng »

can u link the comp pack?
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support
Rnelson8730

#3 Post by Rnelson8730 »

Sorry i should have posted the link earlier but here is the LVO webpage with all the rules and so on.
http://www.frontlinegaming.org/las-vega ... pionships/
Optimistic

#4 Post by Optimistic »

Went last year, did fairly well with the HE's. Watch out for WoC, there was a metric ton of them last year. Their comp is based of a rubric system and has some serious draw backs imo, but at least they've disclosed it this year versus last year. Not really sure how the new percentages will effect specifically the LVO, but I'd anticipate lots of characters and lots of shooting. Last year's event was won by the infamous Brolock star, backed up with 4 RBT's, and DE fast cav characters galore, it was also sporting death magic.

I chronicled my experiences in this post.
http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=61963
pk-ng

#5 Post by pk-ng »

I would give ur Anointed Dawnstone
You Noble on Griffon has too many magical items. Really see no point in this guy as I consider him a liability.
Don't need barding for your casters.
If you have extra points put in units / cheap magical items.
Too many points in core. I would actually suggest
2x 5 Reavers
12+ Helms - FC
6 Helms - Champion
This is a better setup imo. as you minimise core and you really only need 1 unit as a "bunker". 6 man helm darts (deploy 2 wide 3 deep) are quite useful and can assist your anointed to accept challenges.
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support